Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

good idea ;)

but seriously I could do that, isn't that much work. but first those jeans have to arrive. still at the airport since christmas eve

Can I re-blog your post when you do? :)

That's reminds me, I need to do a blog post about leather patch care...

of course you may!

yeah would like to see how you take care of your patches. any tipps on how to let them age beautiful but still let the printing intact and visible?

Thanks b_F - will credit you of course :)

I think with the deer skin patch on the Samurai contest pair, the biggest thing to watch out for is the leather drying out over time - the thing I've found about deerskin (when playing around with distressing and ageing leather) is that it doesn't handle heat as well as regular cattlehide...burns and darkens more easily.

Would oil it more regularly than cattlehide, and would recommend sealing it with some kind of wax based compound if anyone is chucking it in the dryer.

The nice deerskin grain also doesn't come out easily if it's not oiled, especially in the dry, unfinished form on most patches.

I have no idea about the printing though, I think it depends largely on how it's done. I've seen one of the SuFu brands of which the patch printing started smudging after a few days, another in which the printing got washed out in the first machine wash...but I've found the Samurai printing to be quite resilient.

I don't know of a way to preserve the printing...I usually just 'tattoo' mine back on with a needle/injector and dye if I really feel the need to.

of course you may!

yeah would like to see how you take care of your patches. any tipps on how to let them age beautiful but still let the printing intact and visible?

I apply a little mink oil from time to time. It makes a difference.

for now I apply the Red Wing boot oil on my patches. It kinda works. But maybe there's a better way so I asked you Mike.

Would SnoSeal be a good option to save the patch against water?

S510XX21oz examples

20090420.jpg

20081002.jpg

20080701.jpg

Gorgeous pairs b_F...

I don't know how well sno-seal would work...

I tend to use simple beeswax to seal the leather, and it does well (doesn't darken the leather much, and dries without a weird texture that some artificial compounds, especially those used in shoe care, can leave).

For oil I use horse-oil, just because I have an easy supply of it.

A simple neatsfoot oil (Lexol, etc) would do just as well on patches.

Not a huge fan of using mink oil, as I find controlling and adjusting the colour of the leather much harder with it...more, let's say, unpredictable (for me anyway.)

I have always given my Samurai patches a good oiling before I use them, as I find that their regular cattlehide patches tend to dry out a bit quick.

for those that have ordered from pirates in english, is [email protected] the email address you used? how long does it usually take to get a response? i'm trying to buy a pair of 0500s from them but haven't gotten a response.

I think the mail is correct. Normally Yuichi gets back at you the next day. But he is damn busy right now (good for him) and he has vacation in the next days.

You can try again

Hey guys, if I wear a 32 in Evisu and sugarcane, what would i need in samurai? Not bothered about shrinkage as won't get washed for a long time, thanks guys!!

depends on the model of samurai and model of evisu and sc that you are comparing to