Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

So the Geishas are straight? low rise?

@Commodorewheeler if you dont mind me asking do you happen to have pictures?

Im kinda looking for the stitching in the back also.

The model that my wife has is straight, especially in the hips. They are lower rise than most men's jeans but higher rise than most popular women's jeans nowadays. You can see pictures of them here:

http://blueingreensoho.com/site/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=2088&category_id=&manufacturer_id=10&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=28

Like beautiful_FrEaK said, no Geisha models that I know of have back pocket arcs.

So the Geishas are straight? low rise?

@Commodorewheeler if you dont mind me asking do you happen to have pictures?

Im kinda looking for the stitching in the back also.

The model that my wife has is straight, especially in the hips. They are lower rise than most men's jeans but higher rise than most popular women's jeans nowadays. You can see pictures of them here:

http://blueingreensoho.com/site/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=2088&category_id=&manufacturer_id=10&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=28

Like beautiful_FrEaK said, no Geisha models that I know of have back pocket arcs.

These are a pair of well worn S5000VX that I've just received. Some great fading and wear details, but sadly they are too small in the waist for me to even contemplate wearing. So...for anyone between a 31 and a 32 these would be ideal, PM me if you're interested, I dont want too much for them as I didnt pay too much for them.

They have the red tab and (whats left of the) arcs, and silver weave selvage.

14867c21.jpg

IMG_0108.jpg

IMG_0109.jpg

IMG_0110.jpg

The crotch repair is holding strong.

IMG_0111.jpg

IMG_0112.jpg

IMG_0113.jpg

IMG_0114.jpg

These are a pair of well worn S5000VX that I've just received. Some great fading and wear details, but sadly they are too small in the waist for me to even contemplate wearing. So...for anyone between a 31 and a 32 these would be ideal, PM me if you're interested, I dont want too much for them as I didnt pay too much for them.

They have the red tab and (whats left of the) arcs, and silver weave selvage.

14867c21.jpg

IMG_0108.jpg

IMG_0109.jpg

IMG_0110.jpg

The crotch repair is holding strong.

IMG_0111.jpg

IMG_0112.jpg

IMG_0113.jpg

IMG_0114.jpg

I'm not actually in the house with the jeans at the moment, but I know that they measure 16" across the waist, and have a 30" inseam. They have been hemmed (obviously), someone has told me that they want them, but I haven't received any payment yet.....so still available.

I'm not actually in the house with the jeans at the moment, but I know that they measure 16" across the waist, and have a 30" inseam. They have been hemmed (obviously), someone has told me that they want them, but I haven't received any payment yet.....so still available.

hi guys

just wanting to introduce myself. I have been a forum reader for the last 6-8 months, and finally decided to join. November last year was my first purchase of dry jeans, and i am hooked. So far my collection is as follows:

Nudie Grim Tim Dry Dirt Organic 32/32 (bought 11/09. worn 2-3 days a week. Crotch reinforced, no washes)

Cheap Monday Staff Boy Dry 33/34 (bought 07/10. sized up, for comfort and so i dont get crotch rip again)

Nudie Big Bengt Dry Red Selvage 31/32 (on order from europe, picked them up for a steal)

and my lastest pair.. Samurai S001JP 15oz sz33/36 Lot 13 (bought about a month ago. 3" cut off, hemmed and chain-stitched on a union). They had an initial 2 hour warm soak, and flat dry on a towel. How much shrinkage will these have in them?

I see these aren't an overly popular cut, and there isn't a huge amount of fit pics/info etc on the net that i can find. My local store in South Australia recently got 3 cuts of Samurai in: S0500XX 15oz and S710 17oz and the S001JP 15oz.

The 710s didnt even fit in a 33 just way to tight on the thighs.. i am a true 32 waist, but have bigger athletic legs from riding/soccer. I found the 0500s a similar cut to the S001JP, however i liked the cloth better on the S001JP.. but now i am thinking that the 0500 had a slight slimmer leg opening.

After having the jeans hemmed and having a better idea of how the cut was sitting over shoes i am finding it a bit hard to get my head around the leg opening, especially coming from my other 2 pairs of dry jeans (plus my normal jeans Lee L2 and Wranglers). Ill usually pin tuck and cuff these 2 times to make them sit a bit better, just wondering on experiences of tapering on the inside seam as im not too keen on touching the selvage even thought i know its easier.

hi guys

just wanting to introduce myself. I have been a forum reader for the last 6-8 months, and finally decided to join. November last year was my first purchase of dry jeans, and i am hooked. So far my collection is as follows:

Nudie Grim Tim Dry Dirt Organic 32/32 (bought 11/09. worn 2-3 days a week. Crotch reinforced, no washes)

Cheap Monday Staff Boy Dry 33/34 (bought 07/10. sized up, for comfort and so i dont get crotch rip again)

Nudie Big Bengt Dry Red Selvage 31/32 (on order from europe, picked them up for a steal)

and my lastest pair.. Samurai S001JP 15oz sz33/36 Lot 13 (bought about a month ago. 3" cut off, hemmed and chain-stitched on a union). They had an initial 2 hour warm soak, and flat dry on a towel. How much shrinkage will these have in them?

I see these aren't an overly popular cut, and there isn't a huge amount of fit pics/info etc on the net that i can find. My local store in South Australia recently got 3 cuts of Samurai in: S0500XX 15oz and S710 17oz and the S001JP 15oz.

The 710s didnt even fit in a 33 just way to tight on the thighs.. i am a true 32 waist, but have bigger athletic legs from riding/soccer. I found the 0500s a similar cut to the S001JP, however i liked the cloth better on the S001JP.. but now i am thinking that the 0500 had a slight slimmer leg opening.

After having the jeans hemmed and having a better idea of how the cut was sitting over shoes i am finding it a bit hard to get my head around the leg opening, especially coming from my other 2 pairs of dry jeans (plus my normal jeans Lee L2 and Wranglers). Ill usually pin tuck and cuff these 2 times to make them sit a bit better, just wondering on experiences of tapering on the inside seam as im not too keen on touching the selvage even thought i know its easier.

Any competent tailor can taper the jeans. I think that Samurai only makes one pair of tapered jeans (forgot the model number). But you have to realize that Samurai is a repro-ish company, so mostly everything they make is straight cut all the way down the leg, except for boot cut. The fits on the bum and the rises may differ the most, but overall you have to look at more fashion-oriented brands that will make a more tapered jean like Somet and Hysteric Glamour.

Isn't the S001JP very similar to the S5000VX? So a straight cut with no taper.

S710XX and S0500XX have a taper (S510XX too, but you're starting from a way bigger thigh/knee).

As you described, the S0500XX would fit your need best, but only comes in the 15oz Texas Cotton which is of course rougher compared to the 15oz denim on the Yamato-line

the denim on my S001JP is very hairy.. quite a short fiber has quite alot of the white weft coming through. I will get some pics up when i get a chance.

Not sure if i should give these another good hot soak this time to see if they will pull in any more, or wear them for a couple more months first. Its hard to find shrinkage rates etc on this model online.