Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

Thanks. After looking at myself in the mirror and looking at these pictures some more, I've realized that the only thing that actually bothers me is that there is slight hip flare. The crotch-hugging is just a small bit tighter than my FC's and so I think I'll get used to it. I just wonder if I could have eliminated that hip flare if I went with a larger size.

I'll try to sag them to wear them right at the hips instead of right above the hips (as they are now) but I don't think the waist will stretch more-- the thick part of the denim that is right underneath the button where the waistband is chainstitched to the rest of the denim pant seems to be pretty much taught and I don't know if it will budge. I hope so though, because if I could gain an inch or two on it then these jeans would be perfect.

Thanks again for the feedback.

I too have a bit of flare on mine. I've been remedying this by buying/wearing longer shirts (finding these has been such a pain in the ass.) rest assured the flare will die down in time, just keep pushing them down on your legs on a regular basis to train the denim to drape lower on the body and not ride up your thighs.

wow, are you sure youre 33/34?

that means sizing down one or two is not the ideal sizing strategy. If it's true, then maybe I shouldve bought a size 26!

we gotta change the front page. Sizing down 3 or 4 is doable!

are yours lot 10? does this have any effect?

I am still interested in how many washes before samurais gets to its smallest size.

yea i guess theyre doable but why not just get the right size. you just need to have patience when it comes to jeans. after a couple of washes theyll be right on bat. let these guys machine soak theyre jeans twice and theyll be completely fucked. i mean you CAN wear these jeans nutsack tight but itll greatly diminish your quality of life. i definitely learned my lesson

agreed man i dont trip balls about it. the only reason why you notice is because you stare at your pants all day in the mirror. no one will notice. or cares. not hating

hahaha this is so true. i don't mind it all that much personally. i've just got the figure of a plank of wood, so i always notice it on new pairs of jeans.

I've been thinking about the s5000bk or s5000vx. I am a 32 in APC (stretched out to a 34.5~35, 33 in nudie average joe (stretched to a 35).

I want more of a straight almost slim fit. Would the tagged 33, measures 35 be the way to go? I figure if they shrink to 34, they'll easily stretch back out to 35

I'd probably even consider the 32. Stretching the waist is a whole lot easier than shrinking the rest of the jeans.

I've been thinking about the s5000bk or s5000vx. I am a 32 in APC (stretched out to a 34.5~35, 33 in nudie average joe (stretched to a 35).

I want more of a straight almost slim fit. Would the tagged 33, measures 35 be the way to go? I figure if they shrink to 34, they'll easily stretch back out to 35

id say get the 32. thats what i got in my 5000bks and my waist is almost exactly the same size as yours (judging by where your jeans stretched to) last i measured and they fit how you described. its a great cut, almost makes me want to sell my other indigo sams and just cop some vx's

Hip flare is no big deal. Wear and wash them plenty and it'll disappear.

Also, I'd like to say that for my body type, altho the fit guide recommended going down 1 size on the s5000bks, true to size works perfectly for me. I'm 6'7" 170 lbs.

i think hip flare happens because theyre being worn too low in the back compared to the front. if you pull up your pants in the back and keep the front where it is, it wont be noticeable at all. i mean its not rocket science but try not slouching your pants and itll be alot less noticeable. but like i said earlier, its only noticeable to yourself and people who notice their own hipflares. its a bit hard to explain so excuse my retarded english

I need you guys' opinion, I'm in need of new jeans, lately I have been wearing my April 77 Overdrive(28) quite frequently and I'm a little tired of the skinny look so I was looking for something slim and I think the 710 would be a good fit....The S610 looks good but I'm afraid the rise will be too ball crushing like my Dior or Joey...

I wear sz 26-27 in Dior 19 cm, would a 28 in the 710 be good?

Sorry for the sizing questions but can somebody help me?

Thanks

agreed man i dont trip balls about it. the only reason why you notice is because you stare at your pants all day in the mirror. no one will notice. or cares. not hating

i now realize i have hip-flare. this is what the fuck i get for reading this shit and eventually ending up in front of a mirror to see if i indeed have the flare as well. its still a non-issue. and if you size down 4 you'll only have a unisack cause both of you nuts will fuse together to form a mega-ball.

^ it's best to just DIY. I had a problem with asking them to cut the length even though I had a japanese friend to help me translate and communicate back and forth. What happened at the end was they replied with an essay long response advising me that I should wash it first before they make a raw cut. So I advise the same thing and just get it raw and wait for the results to come in your own experience.

^ it's best to just DIY. I had a problem with asking them to cut the length even though I had a japanese friend to help me translate and communicate back and forth. What happened at the end was they replied with an essay long response advising me that I should wash it first before they make a raw cut. So I advise the same thing and just get it raw and wait for the results to come in your own experience.

thanks for the advice. out of curiosity, how much (if any) did you have to pay in import taxes? in one of their emails it sounds like they won't mark packages as "gifts".

thanks for the advice. out of curiosity, how much (if any) did you have to pay in import taxes? in one of their emails it sounds like they won't mark packages as "gifts".

I don't remember paying import taxes....

I paid for the jeans + shipping. The exchange rate is pretty insane right now; like $1us dollar = 89 yen or something. I paid $308 total for a pair of Sammies S0500. Hopefully my 2nd time ordering the same pair will be the right size.... :\

Guest patchmb
does anyone know for sure if 2nd can do a hem using a chainstitch?

I have had a good few pairs hemmed by them with chainstitching. It goes without saying that

they did a faultless job of it..