Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

^^patch is dope, the stitching is laced with that silver lame throughout the entire jean. Pockets are triple stitched for reinforcement with a bunch of other really cool details the only one I personally don't like is the outer selvedge coin pocket. The cut is pretty much the VX cut although I felt it was just a smidge bigger.

Hey I have a question. How do hidden arcs work? Do all sams from BiG have hidden arcs on them?

hidden arcs are newer, i think they debuted with the BiG samurai "USA" model. I haven't checked them out in person but it appears to be a lined pocket with a chainstitched samurai arc underneath it, so when the indigo dye fades away, the hidden arc will leave an impression.

hidden arcs are newer, i think they debuted with the BiG samurai "USA" model. I haven't checked them out in person but it appears to be a lined pocket with a chainstitched samurai arc underneath it, so when the indigo dye fades away, the hidden arc will leave an impression.

indeed

they are really fun.

hidden arcs are sewn into pocket liner between denim and outer pocket. looks like pretty heavy yarn chainstitched possibly might be wire woven in. good idea of faded look here:

http://www.e2nd.net/br-sj/sj-411-01-f/sj-s0510xx-10sp.htm

speaking of hidden arcs, i have a pair of sz 32 (lot 11) new with tags attached for sale if anyones interested. damn be me i forgot to ask 2nd what lot and just assumed it was 10.

^Really, you think it's that big a deal that you wouldn't wear Samurai anymore? Considering that 90% of the time your shirt/sweater/jacket covers the coin pocket, and that it's a barely noticeable detail even when it shows, it seems like a big deal over nothing.

Quick shot of the hidden arc on my black 710's

samarc.jpg

^Really, you think it's that big a deal that you wouldn't wear Samurai anymore? Considering that 90% of the time your shirt/sweater/jacket covers the coin pocket, and that it's a barely noticeable detail even when it shows, it seems like a big deal over nothing.

No, it's a pretty big deal. I think it looks really bad.

New arcs are bothering me less, though. I think that was more just getting over the shock of the change. Exposed selvage is a no-go for me.

im with poly on this one, well, sort of. i hate exposed coinpocket selvage, so much so that if the ''perfect'' jean had everything going for it, except that shit, id still not cop/rock. to me, its the first sign that shits going towards the selvage beast side of things. like, 'hey, these are selvage, buy into this cool trend. from what i know( please correct if wrong) vintage jeans had coinpocket selvage, but not on the outside. i like how the selvage just peaks out from where the denim is folded prior to sewing. selvage on the outside, apart from a cuff is a big no-no. but i wont boycott nogami-san altogether. what up poly!!! what is your current project, the PRPS?

I was thinking about getting some 710xx, but I'm having a bit of trouble deciding what size I should get. My waist is about 30.5 and I wanted a slim fit.

Thanks in advance.

30 for slim, make sure the measurements check out before you buy. check the OP. the sizing advice we have for samurai jeans is about the most accurate shit around here.