Two Facts About Your Neighborhood

KyleFall

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll do this for the neighborhood I live at in CT.

- In the late 80's, they closed the highway exits to this city so that out of towners could not drive in to buy drugs and leave.

- 60 minutes said it was the "armpit of America".

- In Ready to Die, Biggie claimed it part of NY.

3. My neighbor fixes your car if you live near him without asking or charging, really weird guy. Replaced my housemate's busted starter, knocked on the door to drop off the old broken one. First time we met him.

Thats ridiculous, and incredibly useful.

3. My neighbor fixes your car if you live near him without asking or charging, really weird guy. Replaced my housemate's busted starter, knocked on the door to drop off the old broken one. First time we met him.

how does he know it's broken in the first place though?

1. Capitol Hill is probably one of the most active neighborhoods in Denver, well-known as a haven for artists and bohemians. There are numerous restaurants, clubs, bars, stores, concert venues, and other cultural amenities in the community.

2. Finally, Capitol Hill is also well-known for its crime, particularly the common use of drugs and prostitution in the neighborhood. The area around the Molly Brown House in particular is known for its open-air drug dealing, especially of crack and meth. Colfax Avenue (though not just in Capitol Hill) has a reputation as a prostitution street, with many by the hour hotels along the avenue.

(stolen from Wikipedia)

we are doing neighborhoods not cities right?

1. even thought ive heard its one of the shadier areas of san jose, i never lock the door and have never felt unsafe

2. there in an abandoned truck on my street thats been there for months and has been reported but the city still hasnt picked it up.

1) Transvestite streetwalkers are only 5 minutes away.

2) Biggest park in the city is right out the door but now it's all clean and bobo-friendly because of its downtownish location

3) A while ago it seems 1) and 2) were combined for maximum effect and leftover syringes.

UK Hood:

1. At least 1 alarm goes off every day.

2. In the past 6 months, a total of three toilets have been placed on the sidewalk (presumably by drunk students who were angry the next day when they found their toiled to be missing)

Vienna Hood:

1. It's 10 minutes from the nearest Bus/Tram line

2. That's it. Nothing goes on here. Everyone lives behind a fence (or wall, if they're really rich). The good news is that it's half an hour away from the center by public transport and 10 by taxi.

2) Biggest park in the city is right out the door but now it's all clean and bobo-friendly because of its downtownish location

You live on Parc Lafontaine?

Lucky, I stayed with a friend who lives right there when I was in MTL for new years, it's a beautiful area.

we are doing neighborhoods not cities right?

1. even thought ive heard its one of the shadier areas of san jose, i never lock the door and have never felt unsafe

2. there in an abandoned truck on my street thats been there for months and has been reported but the city still hasnt picked it up.

east side? south side?

there are glow worm caves around the corner

there is a bird sanctuary across the road

was that a tumble weed?

LOL - think mine's just up the road

1. my neighbourhood's name translates into English as 'fringe of heaven'

2. It used to be a logging town