Is eric glennie losing it's credibility?

that doesn't sound like a stylish idea. I thought you had good taste. :(

You thought wrong.

And I really don't know how serious this is. Because now EG's making lecherous advances on JJ. It seems like he's—dare I say it?—acclimating to Sufu.

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that doesn't sound like a stylish idea. I thought you had good taste. :(

JJ! You took this the wrong way. Everyone thinks I am crazy! Cut out and cutaway styling is breaking out in Europe.

Here is a Dior cut out blazer selling for $1300 bucks. Galliano is playing with shaping and cuttingout zippers. Gareth Pugh and Marc Jacobs are cutting off the heel of stillettos. The future of fashion is coming. Can you feel the change in the air.

I am serious about cutting out the zipper. You are right! you can wear any pair of stretch pants under cutout pants to show a mulititude of looks and shapes.

410584351B_2.jpg

421104491L_2.jpg

shoe_blog.jpg

003shoesDM_468x320.jpg

this is a shoe shown by Gareth Pugh

I am feeling the change in the air. AND IT DOESN'T SMELL LIKE ERIC GLENNIE.

JJ. I am trying to innovate your closet and you are throwing trash in mine. I have been trying to find a shoe manufacturer for a year now, but unfortunately I did not play my hand. I think the cutaway stilletto is beautiful, but I still have a few more aces to play.

Eric, out of genuine curiosity, can you actually cut a pattern, or is your "designing" limited to "cutting out" of existing pieces?

There are quite a few designers Duck that can't cut a pattern or havent graduated fashion school. Thats what great? Its about the art !! The designer has the vision and the innovation. I can hire the tailor, stylist, pattern maker, etc to make the clothes. Just like my unique cutout shoulder straps purses. Does Marc Jacobs even have a signature purse? Can you tell a Chanel bag without the CC logo. Now, you can tell an Eric Glennie signature purse from any other purse in the world. That is the power of Cutout and cutaway styling. That is the power of the Eric Glennie label. INow, I just need a business partner .

156_ties_2007_1710.jpg160_ties_2007_1716.jpg156_ties_2007_1725.jpg156_ties_2007_1730.jpg160_ties_2007_1731.jpg156_ties_2007_1744.jpg

There are quite a few designers Duck that can't cut a pattern or havent graduated fashion school. Thats what great? Its about the art !! The designer has the vision and the innovation. I can hire the tailor, stylist, pattern maker, etc to make the clothes. Just like my unique cutout shoulder straps purses. Does Marc Jacobs even have a signature purse? Can you tell a Chanel bag with the CC logo. Now, you can tell an Eric Glennie signature purse from any other purse in the world. That is the power of Cutout and cutaway styling. That is the power of the Eric Glennie label. INow, I just need a business partner .

156_ties_2007_1710.jpg160_ties_2007_1716.jpg156_ties_2007_1725.jpg156_ties_2007_1730.jpg160_ties_2007_1731.jpg156_ties_2007_1744.jpg

yes he does. The Stam bag that caused a worldwide craze and continues to do so. DO UR HOMEWORK SON

• 3 weeks later...

Hey cottonduck! I hear your talking smack about EG style while you prance in your so-called hobo trend . You are quite the trend setter. I have your email and I may call you someday to take my laundry to the drycleaner. By the way, here is a true trendsetter. Not an imitator, but an innovator. cutout belts and the unique notched belt buckle by Eric Glennie

258_ties_2007_1911.jpg258_ties_2007_1912.jpg258_ties_2007_1918.jpg258_ties_2007_1924.jpg258_ties_2007_1662.jpg258_ties_2007_1667.jpg

Hey Eric Glennie,

I have no clue what the fuck you are on about.

Please show example of me smack talking about you prancing around.

Also my so-called hobo style is actually called "Steampunk", don't you read the internets?

Finally, I would love for you to someday call me on my email address! edit: ooooh, was that a threat...

(though I have no clue where you might have found that).

Thanks Cotton!

Duck! You have been critical of my style since I started on Sufu. You state that I just cut shit up. Yeah, I do but I also invent unique looks. Some of these cutup looks have never been seen before in fashion. Innovation is what a designer does? Imitation is what a stylist does? Unfortunately , the fashion runway is a popularity contest full of fashion stylists.

You call is steam punk, I call it boxcar Willie chic. Just because you have a new name, doesnt mean its unique. PeeWee Herman revolutionized Geek Chic, but Hedi Slimane is credited with it. Do you consider yourself a designer or a stylist?

Duck! You have been critical of my style since I started on Sufu. You state that I just cut shit up. Yeah, I do but I also invent unique looks. Some of these cutup looks have never been seen before in fashion. Innovation is what a designer does? Imitation is what a stylist does? Unfortunately , the fashion runway is a popularity contest full of fashion stylists.

You call is steam punk, I call it boxcar Willie chic. Just because you have a new name, doesnt mean its unique. PeeWee Herman revolutionized Geek Chic, but Hedi Slimane is credited with it. Do you consider yourself a designer or a stylist?

Isn't this the thread where you blackhole all the attention to yourself?

I suggest we'd keep it like that and if you wish to discuss my design/styling practices and steampunk/boxcar willie style you can always call me on my email now that you have it no?

edit: now that you have my contact info anyway, I'd suggest you make good use of it and hire me for consulting. I might even give you a little Sufu discount.

Gimme a call!

Isn't this the thread where you blackhole all the attention to yourself?

I suggest we'd keep it like that and if you wish to discuss my design/styling practices and steampunk/boxcar willie style you can always call me on my email now that you have it no?

edit: now that you have my contact info anyway, I'd suggest you make good use of it and hire me for consulting. I might even give you a little Sufu discount.

Gimme a call!

Duck! I wish I could hire you but we dont mesh. True designers who are visionaries like myself walk a path by themselves. We dont need others for inspiration. We dont care what others think. We push forward thru adversity supported by our monstrous kickstands and ginormous testes. Visionaries look forward to the future.

Unfortunately, you are looking back 100 years for inspiration. A style once bore by our forefathers when they pushed onward from east to west. If you are interested, I could possible design a new style of handerchief to tie on the end of your bamboo pole to carry your belongings. I will call it the hobo purse or the boxcar willie wallet.

I know there are some ladies reading the forum and Eric Glennie is getting a little sexy

Cutout Shoulder Strap tanks, dresses, and bikini tops156_ties_2007_1511.jpg160_ties_2007_1519.jpg156_ties_2007_1516.jpg156_ties_2007_1616.jpg160_ties_2007_1622.jpg156_ties_2007_1628.jpg

WWW.ERICGLENNIE.COM

Yeah Cotton Duck. You just say I cut shit up. Here is what I saw from the Fendi 09' resort show last week. A cutout shoulder strap blouse. Has anyone seen a cutout shoulder strap before Lagerfeld's show last week? Do you still think I am crazy or just misunderstood?

fendi2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
STOP TALKlNG TO ME!!![/quote?

Hey Duck! While I am anxiously awaiting the launch of your Choo Choo Shoe, I am busy innovating menswear. Please check out my website www.ericglennie.com under split collar to view my very unique banded collar /clip-on necktie combination. If you are interested, I would like to offer my services . I have cool ideas for your steam punkwear line such as the versatile "jump the track" backpack and the stealthy bandit hoodie. With your tact and my imagination, we could make history. You know how to reach me and hope to hear from you soon.

Banded collars and Clip-on Necktie ( A unique combination) 258_ties_2007_1943.jpg258_ties_2007_1977.jpgBanded collar and necktie suspended from a necklace258_ties_2007_1982.jpg258_ties_2007_1987.jpg

Damn your clothes must fit like shit. You speak about fashion innovation, yet you're too stupid to construct anything. All you do is cut shit out of the most unflattering 90's clothes you can find, HOLY FUCK INNOVATION. SO FUCKING GROUNDBREAKING. YOU ARE FUCKING INSPIRATIONAL. SO FUCKING AESTHETICALLY PLEASING. EVERYONE WANTS TO COPY YOUR WEAK SHIT. COOL. FUCKING COOL ERIC, COOL.

(10)