Is eric glennie losing it's credibility?

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am just showing the fashion world where these ideas are coming from. Now, Dior is looking at Eric Glennie's basement for inspiration and cutting up neckties. I am not drunk, just getting knocked off by the best in the world.

I don't know that I'd call Kris Van Assche the best in the world...

Gentlemen.

Let it be known that if it turns to be the case that the character going by the name of Eric Glennie is indeed a, or a group of, individual(s) in the internets who are pulling a very elaborate joke that I, Cotton Duck, have officialy been pwned!

This will have proven that the internets are indeed Very Serious Business!!!

And I will be more respectfull towards these so called internets in the future.

If this turns out not the be the case and there is indeed a real person behind the sorry Eric Glennie persona, then, my dear sir;

I bite my tumb at you!!!

Until this becomes clear you will be put on ignore.

Thanks Cotton Duck.

Cotton Duck

if you want reimbursement or acknowledgement, you are not going to get it. feel free to go try and contact them, and ask if they have ever been to your website or have even heard your name; they'll just give you a quarter to call a shrink.

you're claiming high end fashion designers are copying/stealing your ideas or borrowing inspiration from you and your magical basement of wonder, saying "omg they stole my idea and are doing it exactly like me!"

but they're not.

1) Chanel : it is a modified sock or legwarmer (probably the latter). yours is a pant leg wrapped underneath.

2) Dior Homme : it is a square end skinny cropped tie with a pin. your ties are just plain batshit crazy.

3) Prada : first of all, it's pretty ugly. and second, at the base of the tie, it goes around the waist, and fastens behind the back (and back of the neck) like an open-back waistcoat. yours somewhat resemble laniards.

4) Chanel 2 : the leggings are skin-tight to resemble boots, and are meant to camoflage with the entire outfit to create a nice uniform flow incorporating every piece of clothing. your blue jeans do not even match that....wheat-coloured shoe.

you know, you could've saved yourself some embarassment if you had just been someone who felt they could call next season stuff (like more than 3 seasons early...). but instead, you made (as the tags show) tetris ties, and seemingly threw your shirts under a lawn mower.

EG_slow.gif

a little word of advice; it's cut and sew. not cut.

iceburn.gif

Glad we got that out of the way.

Now, as we established that this clown is clearly a joke and doesn't add anything to the boards,

may I request an infinite ban?

I hope I am not a joke, I am real. I dont think Karl has been challenged in the last 30 years and it would good for fashion to have a fashion IQ that can take him on. Like the old Charlie Daniels song: " You may be good ol chum, but you havent met the best there's ever been" Karl maybe someday I can challenge your vision on the runway and show you this "Johnny " is pretty good.

poster94796294.jpg

You're so funny! Every forum I have been on has drawn huge hits and views. If I was a flake, my threads would have fallen into cyber oblivion. You want to ignore me, but you always keep tuning in to what I am saying. Eric Glennie styling is the future of fashion and you cant stop watching. Personally you love fashion and enjoy seeing this new perspective. Hopefully, a manufacturer will be calling me and we can revolutionize menswear. The basement closet is filled with innovation, but I have to hold back showing you. I cant show everything cause Karl and the rest are frothing at the mouth like a kid at the candy store waiting to ponce on the next Eric Glennie treat.

having eric glennie in his ignore list is probably an extreme end.

he's a very funny person.

EDIT:

I cant show everything cause Karl and the rest are frothing at the mouth like a kid at the candy store waiting to ponce on the next Eric Glennie treat.

a DAMN funny person

You're so funny! Every forum I have been on has drawn huge hits and views. If I was a flake, my threads would have fallen into cyber oblivion.

right, thats probably because you spam your shit on every fashion forum there is. everywhere, your threads have turned into giant jokes where half of the people are annoyed as hell by your and half just laugh at you or are just plain sarcastic. sure, maybe you gained some attention, but getting ridiculed by people everywhere isn't really much of a merit. either way you lose, eric glennie.

I hope I am not a joke

one can always hope.

thanks eric.

thanks

(eric)

Take a look at the F/W 08 photos in superfashion and you will quickly see what I've known all along - the fashion industry marches two steps behind the genius that is Eric Glennie.

You all laughed and mocked The Eric Glennie when he unveiled his revolutionary collars and neckties a year ago. You all called him insane and untalented. But not me. I believed in him then, and my faith has been validated on the Paris runways. Open your eyes and see - Glenniesque influences abound all over. Some designers have merely drawn inspiration from EG, while others have blatantly stolen his designs (which are patented by the way).

Like other geniuses in history, from Nikolai Tesla to the early impressionists, Glennie's vision arrives into a world which is not yet ready to fully understand the scope of his brilliance. Such is the curse of men who remain ahead of their time; like a homo erectus standing tall over slouched australopithecines, frustrated at their mockery of his tool use.

The sad truth is, Eric Glennie may never reap the fruits of his labors. Only when future historians pore over the dusty tomes of the early 21st century fashion underground will his legacy be cemented.

We are witnessing history unfold before our very eyes. The birth and development of a fashion movement that will echo for millenia. Know this, and appreciate it. For Eric Glennie has graced us all.

Thanks Eric Glennie