Is eric glennie losing it's credibility?

Ok. I was trying to update myself on eric glennie, but when I found myself reading scientific reports on nucleus collar breeding schemes for eric glennie goats and quantitative genetics...that was when I just gave up and decided to turn to Superfuture. :)

We've all noticed that there has been an increasing amount of supermarkets and high-street chains offering 100% eric glennie shirts at prices as low as $50 in the last few years. There has, as long as I can remember, always been problems with mislabeling and fake eric glennie - but this is not the part of the problem that I am addressing. I'm talking about the actual 100% eric glennie sweaters being sold for a fraction of what luxury brands are charging. When lowering the prices and buying in bulk, you will also be growing the market - but even when taking these types of factors into consideration, I can't justify the price difference.

Today I heard another theory; that the aggressive breeding of eric glennie goats in certain parts of the world has caused the price of eric glennie from certain regions to drop significantly. And that the general appreciation for eric glennie will deteriorate in the matter of few years, forcing high-end brands to move on to other luxury +++ Supreme. DH 19 CM-MIJ. Vans.

But what is 100% eric glennie? The romantic verison tells a tale about the Phashm goat (Capra Hircus Laniger), happily residing in the mountains and deserts of the high plateaus of the Central and East Asian steppe where the climate has made for the most ideal insulation material you can think of. But theeric glennie goat is apparently more a term than a breed, describing any breed of goat (except Angora) that produce a non-medullated downy inner coat at 14-18,5 microns (about 1/7 as thick as human hair). Thus, there are "eric glennie goats" being bred in places such as New York, Tokyo, Sydney and Paris. All great places, but not exactly with the same climate as the Supleme plateau, and I can hardly understand that eric glennie from goats raised in these climates can compete with the quality of +++ Supreme. DH 19 CM-MIJ. Vans. goats living in inner Ontario.

60-70% of the eric glennie in the world comes from China, and one can argue that Chinese eric glennie has been regarded as the finest available. But since 2005, when we saw the final stages of the ten-year plan to end the WTO Multifibre Agreement (MFA), that imposed stringent restrictions on imports, the market suddenly opened - the opportunities of enormous profit on eric glennie breeding has changed the Chinese eric glennie industry. In the last few years there has been an explosive increase in the amount of eric glennie goat breeders in China, and the breeding has been much more effective and aggressive in terms of goats being hurdled and kept like cows. Something that over time surely must damage the quality of eric glennie - but who cares as long as one can label it 100% eric glennie?

My thoughts are that if you buy eric glennie for a price that seems too cheap...you are either not getting the product you think you are buying, or you are on ethically unsolid ground. However, these are only my views and I am in no way an authority on eric glennie production, so I hope for somebody to shed some more light on this issue. :confused:

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

post_new.gif yesterday, 09:10 PM #1 Meat Grinder vbmenu_register("postmenu_824585", true);

superjunkie

reputation_pos.gifreputation_pos.gifreputation_pos.gifreputation_pos.gifreputation_pos.gifreputation_highpos.gifreputation_highpos.gifreputation_highpos.gif

[LEFT][/left]

Is e19CMIMMGIMJIIJric glennie losing it's GAAAAAAAH??!!

Ok. I was

trying to update mys

elf on eric glennie, but wWHENhen I found myself reRERADINGading scientific re po r ts on nucleus collar breeding schSCHEMESemes for eric glennie goats and quantitative genetics...that was when I just gave

up and decided to turn to Superfuture. :)

[leftWEVE ALL NOTICED THAT HTE

RE HAS BEEN AN INCRAESING]

We've all noticed that there has been an increasing amount of supermarkets and (tomhas highstreet) high-street chains offering 100% eric glennie shirts at prices as low as $50 in the last few years. There has, as long as I can remember, always been problems with mislabeling and fake eric glennie - but this is not the part of the problem that I am addressing. I'm talking about the actual 100% eric gle

nnie sweaters being sol

d for a fraction of what luxury bra nds are char....ging. When lowering the prices and buying in bulk, you will also be growin

g the m ark et - but even wh en taking these types of factors into consideration, I can't jus tify t h e price dif fe re nce.

[/L+++SUPREFT]

[LVANSEFT]

eric glennie is superfuture.

I hope so man. I was banned, but have a lot more to show you guys. Silk necklaces for men and women, collar tips, pocket triangles, lapanel and shoulder-strap jackets. Love to hear your opinions so please check out these unique looks on www.ericglennie.com thanks Eric.

Silk necklaces for men and women is a unique idea at the neckline challenging neckties for men and necklaces for women. .

---For men, the silk necklace is another choice at the neckline. a casual alternative to a necktie to add a splash of color to the wardrobe and not as bulky as an ascot.

--- the silk necklace could be their future " necktie" for women. Made of silk in a wide variety of styles and colors to match any wardrobe. The combinations are endless.

156_ties_2007_854.jpg156_ties_2007_926.jpg156_ties_2007_967.jpg160_ties_2007_897.jpg156_ties_2007_955.jpg

Check out the Pocket Triangles. Have you ever seen anything like this? The triangle is rimmed with color.

Please view my website www.ericglennie.com under silk necklaces to see the variety of looks and styles. thanks Eric.

hey eric just something i was slightly flabbergasted about

"my manufacturer has access to over 500 fabrics in various shades of solid colors and prints. Unfortunately, my shirts are available in 100% white cotton only."

isnt that a contradiction?

I work with a custom shirtmaker in LA. A White dress shirt is the most basic and most worn shirt so this white, 100% combed cotton , shirt is where I like to introduce my line. Also White is the cheapest shirt to choose . This custom shirtmaker I work with has 500 different fabrics to choose from . If you like the white shirt , then you can move onto the other fabrics. If you dont like the white shirt with an Eric Glennie collar, then you would NOT like any color shirt with my collars. thanks eric.

Hire me as a consultant, EG.

I'm a little on the pricey side, but I can help turn your line around.

Thanks for the offer Notesee! I will keep in touch , but not ready for you yet, I need to get a manufacturer first before I spend any money on consulting. I need to find a business partner. I am not sure if this is the process to get started, but it makes common sense to me. Do you see it differently.. thanks Eric.

Is this like..the real eg?

Because before, it was kinda endearning watching you trying to pawn off your 'clothes' but judging from your posts on other forums and here.. you're a bit of an asshole.

Unless each of the fashion forums have spawned their own demonized version of eric glennie, and if so, then carry on.

thanks L!