Is eric glennie losing it's credibility?

Necktie knot crowns by Eric GLennie

Not only is EG one of the most innovative designers in the history of menswear, I am also one of the most innovative fashion stylists in the world today. The fashion world take notice because Eric GLennie has enough innovation for 20 years of revolutionary styles.

What would the world be today if Bill Gates was born 100 years ago or Henry Ford was designing cars in the MIddle Ages. Innovative ideas born beyond their time. My work will not be understood for many years. Thank My God that I am born today rather than the MIddle Ages because I would be thrown in jail, my balls lit on fire, and holes drilled in my head for my never-seen before , out of the box, vision.

258_DSCN0490.JPG258_DSCN0501.JPG258_DSCN0558.JPG258_DSCN0539.JPG258_DSCN0005.JPG

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No. I think Eric Glennie is Chanel. I dont think this is my imagination, but I think Karl is looking at Eric Glennie's basement for innovation.

nyiddc.jpg

156_ties_2007_092.jpg

Shut up you Fucking idiot!

That's a sock with a hole in the heel, girls have been putting those over their shoes for ages.

Fucking Moron!!!

Thats not a sock dumbass, socks are in the shoe.

this is a bevel bottom cuff because its out of the shoe.

Fuck you!
I just wanted to point out you dont know what you are talking about?

this is probably the funniest exchange ever

• 2 weeks later...

All I need is a couple hundred grand and few seamstresses to take my vision from handmade prototypes to professional samples and the fashion world will take notice. I have another 200 more revolutionary ideas that arent on my website, many of those ideas are streetwear so the future of fashion is coming. I just need to get out of my basement studio. Many of the greatest designers in history started out just like I and they found a connection to get off the ground . I am no different. Just like Chanel changed womenswear 100 years ago, I will do the same with menswear. My work is just misunderstood!

I have another 200 more revolutionary ideas that arent on my website, many of those ideas are streetwear so the future of fashion is coming. I just need to get out of my basement studio.
wait

wait

wait

is eric glennie coming out with a streetwear label

god

have

mercy

on us

all

eric, what is your opinion on screenprinted t-shirts?

Designers invent or try to invent new ideas. That is why I dont believe there are too many true fashion designers in the business. I think todays designers are a bunch of wannabees who study whats been done and copy others work. Screenprinting has been done before and is nothing new, therefore I could care less about the art. I care about the Mona Lisa's of the world, so I dont care about the thousands that copied her likeness. There can only be one true Mona LIsa and one true Da Vinci. I want to be the first in the art of menswear design.

That is what I am saying. A piece of art only has a place for one artist in history. All others are wannabees ripping off the innovation of a visionary . I believe fashion lacks the vision of a historical designer and yet the fashion establishment places those designers with great vision behind those designer paying their bills. There is an ugly political system in fashion governing whos it and whats next on the runways. You will not see Eric Glennie on the CFDA nominee list or the Swarowski recipient of a grant. I just dont fit their mold nor follow their rules.

monalisa.jpg

**Mona Lisa by Da Vinci

mangia.GIF

**Mona Lisa "Mangia"

saluteweb.jpg

**Mona Lisa "Salute"

monapop.jpg

** Neo-Pop Art Mona Lisa by Tom Maniaci

basquiatmona.jpg

** Mona Lisa by Basquiat

youngmonalisa.jpg

you are absolutely right, referencing things is the past, doin' thangs is the future.

Definition of avant guarde:

Avant-garde represents a pushing of the boundaries of what is accepted as the norm or the status quo, primarily in the cultural realm. The notion of the existence of the avant-garde is considered by some to be a hallmark of modernism, as distinct from postmodernism.

Avante guarde was a French term for those artists that were rejected from mainstream art back in the 1860. Rejected and mocked to later be revered for pushing the envelope. Rejection is part of the process of being an avant guarde artist and pushing the envelope in fashion. That is why most designers today copy other designers work because it is easier to get started. I want to be true to being different. I want to be considered a first in Avant Guarde mass market apparel which most people in the world can wear, not just a few that can afford unique dresses. I hope that will be my history before I am knocked off by the rest of the fashion world, but for now while I am being rejected, the pathway to history is a walk thru the park.

If you cant see the forest thru the trees, you need to chop it down. Unfortunately, I have a handsaw in my hand and a match in my pocket so I need to burn the mother

F*&%cker down.

The future of Fashion runs thru a basement studio in Minnesota.

Double neckties by Eric GLennie. Two necktie tongues can be spliced together or two neckties can be tied as one to create a splash of color along the necktie~~ the likes never seen before in fashion. Checkout the mulitude of looks for Double neckties (Too many to post) with this new paradigm shift in neckwear at www.ericglennie.com under cutout purse straps.

258_DSCN0058.JPG258_DSCN0070.JPG258_DSCN0065.JPG258_DSCN0074.JPG258_DSCN0081.JPG258_DSCN0112.JPG