Iron Heart Jeans

Guest Guy H

surprised you got the 666 cut. thought you would've gone for a more tapered fit. 

this model is a bit slimmer than the normal devil's fit, I think (hope). I really just needed a slim thigh and didn't really mind what was below the knee, and these should be a solid slim-straight on me still.

http://www.ironheart.co.uk/bottoms/ih-666s-21.html

Edited by mp201

I knew someone would post this link after Mpukas's comment , which I agree with. 

Regardless of what the article states about no significant increase in bacteria over a prolonged period wearing any article of clothing for a long time without washing is going to cause it to be dirty and eventually smell. In addition it is not good for the denim in the long run and will eventually cause it to break down quicker than a frequently washed pair. I mean absolutely no offence to Rudi but the guy has a very active lifestyle and rocks them jeans every day, there's no way they don't need a good wash! Once again no offence meant Rudi. 

^^^^@mpukas, Geeman, beautiful_FrEaK, givemefive, 

No worries mates, I know that this topic is coming up from time to time.

And I'm not doing this to proove some studies about how healthy this is.

It's just my personal wear style and of course everybody shall treat his jeans at their best way, because they are your jeans.

And the denim fabric is lasting longer if washing the jeans from time to time.

And you don't have troubles with stinky or smelly jeans

And I know that it's crazy about never washing or soaking your raw denim gear

The reason is very simple not because I love dirty or smelly jeans (but it wouldn't bother me either)

It's because I'm too much in love with the unwashed raw denim color tone compared to the royal blue color tone you get on washed denim fabric. The color tone is changing when washing.

When I see a never washed but heaviest faded greenest raw denim jeans like seen on some Nudie, Edwin, APC, Atelier La Durance, Eat Dust and others I could almost die for them

I would do almost everything, to rescue such an item from the garbage bin to give them an eternal life in the Jeansmuseum and to show their full natural power of denim evolution to the visitors, no matter how filthy or what ever they are.

And true this addictness is following me since 1973 when I turned 14 years old ha ha

But I insure you that this will be gone after my death ha ha

Anyway, don't worry about me.

I always take care of my jeans and despite doing a lot of activities in them, they're still pretty clean (or sort of clean ha ha) and not smelly yet. I'm luckily not a sweaty guy and wearing them oversized. In addition I'm airing them a lot and giving them a 30 minutes sunbath both sides from time to time. 

As soon as they start looking too dirty or too smelly I downgrade them from my offiice to my outdoor and work pants  and a new jeans will become my office pants then.

In this last stage as work pants I don't care about smelly or dirty jeans, since I use them for outdoor work only.

They have to stay outside in the bunkhouse then and not entering the living room anymore and not scaring my relatives or friends ha ha.

My expression "Stay raw" is my personal way of raw denim love and I beg my pardon, in case some of my old jeans are offending other people

I for one admire Ruedi's path, it's not for me but I have total respect for his dedication and the thorough joy he brings to everything denim, stay raw Ruedi  :D

I for one admire Ruedi's path, it's not for me but I have total respect for his dedication and the thorough joy he brings to everything denim, stay raw Ruedi  :D

Thanks Mega

Of course I know that I love raw denim much too much, but I hope that all you raw denim head out there forgive me that

I have begun to see things Reudi's way. I, too, like the way raw, never washed denim looks. I also agree with Reudi that it helps if you naturally do not sweat too much, wear the jeans oversized, and air them out in the sun frequently. Have you posted any pics of your IHs lately, Reudi? I'd love to see them!

^ Great to hear your hardcore raw denim passion, but just wear them at your best way.

I don't wanna hear, that you lost some friends or relatives because of too dirty or smelly jeans ha ha.

But in case you really do it this crazy way, keep us updated on them if course. I admire all those pure natural denim evo at most

My IH jeans are on wear day 714 in a row.

As a judge from the HWDC I didn't wanted to swamp the threads with my old IH 25 oz jeans. But if interested I could post some updates from them as well since I have takenany pics over the last 2 years

Ok I'll try to find some time next week. 

Too busy atm

Great updates Osmosis Jones!!!!!!

great stuff man^ That streak on the right leg is dope, how'd you earn that? 

You get that when you hit a Ford F250 dead on at 50mph and a random pedestrian plays hero and decides cuts off your jeans.  He only made it to my knee before paramedics stopped him.  Then he ran off.  To this day, I will never know who he was.

I just received a pair of 634-XHS in size 32. I finally said, F'it with trying different brands, cuts and denims that I'm not familiar with and decided to go with something that I know will fit. I had the 666-XHS but the thighs and hips were pretty tight, and I decided to sell them and get the 634-XHS. I love the denim. 

Saying that, I'm kinda disappointed in the 634-XHS in that they are not finished and detailed as nicely as the 666-XHS; belt loops are not sewn into the waist band, rear pockets are not lined, no selvedge edge at the inside of the fly, the rear pockets seem very narrow in width. I didn't pay close attention to the spec's/pics on-line, and assumed they were done in the same manner. Overall, they don't seem as nicely done as the 666-XHS's. I think IH crew took what they learned from the 634-XHS, looked at what some other folks are doing, and took it up a notch with 666-XHS. 

I'm not sure I'm gonna keep these either. I'm so fed up with trying to find a new pair of jeans for the DWC. I've yet to find a pair of jeans that ticks all the boxes I'm looking for (and, yeah, I know I'm fussy and very particular). 

^I hear ya man. Only thing that gets me about my 634s is the narrow back pockets as you've described. Honestly, just go after the best fit. Its really most of what matters. Everything else is second, at least in my humble opinion. I'm sick of jeans that don't fit exactly right but have all the bells and whistles.

IMO belt loops sewn into the waistband are so overrated.  I always have problems with my key hook catching the back layer of belt loop when I hook it on, and having it stick out at a weird angle, that I'm tempted to just cut out the back part of it so that won't happen anymore.

Saying that, I'm kinda disappointed in the 634-XHS in that they are not finished and detailed as nicely as the 666-XHS; belt loops are not sewn into the waist band, rear pockets are not lined, no selvedge edge at the inside of the fly, the rear pockets seem very narrow in width. I didn't pay close attention to the spec's/pics on-line, and assumed they were done in the same manner. Overall, they don't seem as nicely done as the 666-XHS's. I think IH crew took what they learned from the 634-XHS, looked at what some other folks are doing, and took it up a notch with 666-XHS. 

Not specific to the XHS versions but, it has been discussed before on the IH forum that Haraki wants to keep the 634 model true to its origins and as such will not be updated with some of the "improvements" we've seen in more recent cuts. (Unless he's had a change of heart recently.)

Thanks guys. I'll probably just wear them and get over it. 

(cross post f/ IH Forum): 

Here's a car analogy that I can relate it to - a BMW (any model). Any BMW car is a nice car, even a stripped down model with no extras. Once you start adding a couple of options (and I'm not talking about getting a higher performance model with a bigger engine), it makes a huge difference to the driving experience. An extra thick steering wheel, short throw shifter and performance seats - oh, those performance seats! - although they are just cosmetic, it makes the car feel so much more special, more awesome. 

Somewhat the same with jeans. Those little extra details are only noticed by the wearer, but they make a difference to me. Every time I put on a pair of jeans with a selvedge line rather than a lock stitch at a cut edge that's starting to come undone at the fly bring a little smile to my face. 

IH in general brings a smile to my face, so it's all good! 

mpukas

I can't wait to see those new IH jeans at your legs.

If the denim evolution is going on in the right way, I would be happy with them even without some extras