Iron Heart Jeans

Guest Guy H

That is completely fine, and I am all for sourcing your own meat, but the picture itself could have used a warning. Personally I'm not offended or grossed out but many people will be, and would have preferred for that to have been hidden in a spoiler tag with a warning for the squeamish

Indeed. He wore it a lot in the latest tour (also when I saw them):

737356_10151348178305929_1729392468_o.jpg

64033_10151327737510929_802471800_n.jpg

Nate is a long time member on the IHF, so that might have to do with it ;)

I don't know why, but I wish I could see converge live. They remind me of the intensity of TDEP, both are crazy bands, lol.

Alright, lets try this again. Sorry if my previous posts offended anyone. IH- SEXIHIXNDO16 Worn for 6 months.

New:

http://s1087.photobu...tml?sort=3&o=19

Here is prewash:

IMG_0871.jpg

IMG_0874.jpg

Post Wash:

IMG_0905.jpg

IMG_0903.jpg

IMG_0899.jpg

IMG_0909.jpg

IMG_0907.jpg

Here is the soap I used:

IMG_0876.jpg

Warning: This Last picture is gory. Its a fit pic of me with a Red Russian Hog that I killed.

http://s12.postimg.o...el/IMG_0658.jpg

Edited by Mr.Gree

Great fits guys! I don't like cellphone fades, besides that the evo on the 301s is awesome.

I don't care for cell phone fades either and try to avoid it. However having to take It out of your back pocket when you sit on a hard surface gets annoying.

So I'm in NYC and went to Self Edge on Orchard St and bought some 301s' today, they fit wel but maybe just a little snug in the thigh.  But when I got them home and had a closer look I was appalled to find out that they ARE NOT truly selvage denim.  The outer seam is a stitched seam! On the Self Edge website they describe them as "Non-Showing Outer Seam Selvedge" but really, it's just a open stitched seam. For as much as I spent I don't care how good these jeans may be: no selvage, no deal.  I'm taking them back tomorrow.

Any one else notice this? Or care for that matter? Am I just a crazy person?

Edit:

Did a search and people are calling them selvage but that they were just tapered too thin to keep the selvage... sorry but that's BS.  If you cut away the selvage and make an stitched open seam how are you still selvage denim? Sure it's still high quality denim, made on a shuttle loom and all that, but not selvage.  That's part of the look I want.  Pretty lame of them to advertise it falsely.

Edited by andimrob

^  1314029819767.png

To the OP with the 666s, great fit on them! If you can make the stacks cleaner I say keep them, otherwise I would say hem as well. Also those slippers don't do those jeans justice! 

Edited by laxlife1234

So I'm in NYC and went to Self Edge on Orchard St and bought some 301s' today, they fit wel but maybe just a little snug in the thigh.  But when I got them home and had a closer look I was appalled to find out that they ARE NOT truly selvage denim.  The outer seam is a stitched seam! On the Self Edge website they describe them as "Non-Showing Outer Seam Selvedge" but really, it's just a open stitched seam. For as much as I spent I don't care how good these jeans may be: no selvage, no deal.  I'm taking them back tomorrow.

Non-showing selvage is still selvage, they just couldn't get the ID because they tapered the jeans from both the inseam and outseam.  If you want something with the selvage ID I'd say go for the 555-01's on the IH website.

Non-showing selvage is still selvage, they just couldn't get the ID because they tapered the jeans from both the inseam and outseam.  If you want something with the selvage ID I'd say go for the 555-01's on the IH website.

Thanks for explaining.  But that's confusing, selvage denim to me is in part defined by having selvage seams.  The jeans could be made on a shuttle loom with high quality, heavy weight denim, but the moment you cut the "self edge" off they cease to be selvage denim jeans.  

Well, selvedge jeans aren't selvedge because of the ID, that's just an indicator.  Something is considered selvedge because of the way the fabric was loomed.  

Anyway, this is my first Type 3, what do you guys think of the fit?  I can button it but it's definitely slim.

photo_1.jpg

photo_2.jpg

Edited by itsbenhere

It's the sexih07iiibk (modified version.)  It is super nice and I'm definitely glad I have a little extra length.  I know it may not be for the purists but I think it makes for a super versatile jacket!

Thanks for explaining.  But that's confusing, selvage denim to me is in part defined by having selvage seams.  The jeans could be made on a shuttle loom with high quality, heavy weight denim, but the moment you cut the "self edge" off they cease to be selvage denim jeans.

Entirely incorrect. Selvage is selvage wherever that white edge may end up. The denim on the 301s is the standard iron heart 21oz selvage - if you take these back the only one losing out is you.

Edit:

Did a search and people are calling them selvage but that they were just tapered too thin to keep the selvage... sorry but that's BS.  If you cut away the selvage and make an stitched open seam how are you still selvage denim? Sure it's still high quality denim, made on a shuttle loom and all that, but not selvage.  That's part of the look I want.  Pretty lame of them to advertise it falsely.

Edited by Al6ert