Recent Purchases. . .

CBM

I was actually thinking about ordering a pair of Moire's in all black. Lookin for a really simple lookin running shoe to put to just lounge in. Could you post pics of them?..I ask because I don't think they're available in my area (unless I'm missing something...which I probably am)

I would but its getting fixed. If you are that desperate i can borrow a friends or just check them on www.nortberlin.com or www.nikeid.com or www.runningwarehouse.com has them as well. They are really comfy but i haven't ran with them because its been pouring lately.

Thanks, been looking at getting a pair of Trickers, for a long time. Through a friend i got the chance to look through some samples that were going cheap and there they were, could never have afforded these were it not for my hook up, very very happy and yes, they look choice with a few folds.

There's something about having a pair of shoes where each panel has the initials of the worker on them that just makes you stand a little taller :)

Sorry for the confusion, they are Cheaney. Also, sorry for more poor pictures (I only have my phone right now...). The Trickers are not quite as refined as these and I think wouldn't go quite as well with the jeans I'm wearing at the moment (Sc47 in pictures and Sc45, occasionally Dope & Drakkar 1210)

29112006127.jpg

29112006131.jpg

29112006136.jpg

Haven't purchased stuff in ages, it's been like 3 weeks (yeah I know…). Last purchases:

Costume National black wool pants: slim not skinny, flat front, fitted seat, light weight, modern/industrial look. Contrary to a lot of menswear posters I like a lot of my dressier clothing to look like it was factory made, but I’m not thinking third world sweatshop but retro-futuristic glass and stainless steel building operated by factory workers who look like Kraftwerk members and wear lab coats. Nice pieces by Jil Sander often evoke that feeling of alien modernity, which is why she was so great.

45RPM Jomons: Been going back and forth on those, as the hem is 1-2†bigger than what I find optimal. Finally decided to keep ‘em as they gel perfectly with my other traditional workwear garments (jeans jackets, flannel shirts, old sneaks/boots etc) and are pretty much the incarnation of minimalist purity in jeans form. Oh and aside from a pair of black Levi 514 purchased in February, those are my only jeans purchase of the year…

Carpe diem leather shirt with silver buttons: As I mentioned to Coldrice, those are pretty much my favorite C. Diem pieces (I’m torn on the label as 95% of the pieces are not for me) as they make a discrete statement, as contradictory as it seems. This shirt can get worn with jeans, sneakers and a white tee or in a more high-fashion/aggressive ensemble and that can’t be said for many garments, especially leather ones.

I'll post pics of the stuff if anyone is interested....