Recent Purchases. . .

CBM

Sorry for the ultrabad phone cam pics...

The coat is quite nice, it's the same fabric as prety much everything else from bless this season, so a very narrow herringbone in waxed cotton. The hood kinda flares like a flower and it's quite big too. You can change i's shape from round regular hood to a more triangular shape. It's fully lined and the construction is by Angioliani which usually puts out good stuff... The fit is excellent on me : tight armholes, perfect sleeve length, etc.. couldn't have asked for more :)

WAIT THERE IS MORE! got the ultra-limited (I can only assume) Bless x Midwest paperbag! hot shit...

ts360064ps2.jpg

Already thinking about spring clothing...

Considering how cloak spring collection was such a disappointment. I think this was a great find. Retailed for $1200, got it for half off on yahoo auctions. New.:D

archive396img600x450116bf5.jpg

archive396img600x450116vn6.jpg

archive396img600x600116ix1.jpg

Sorry for the ultrabad phone cam pics...

The coat is quite nice, it's the same fabric as prety much everything else from bless this season, so a very narrow herringbone in waxed cotton. The hood kinda flares like a flower and it's quite big too. You can change i's shape from round regular hood to a more triangular shape. It's fully lined and the construction is by Angioliani which usually puts out good stuff... The fit is excellent on me : tight armholes, perfect sleeve length, etc.. couldn't have asked for more :)

WAIT THERE IS MORE! got the ultra-limited (I can only assume) Bless x Midwest paperbag! hot shit...

ts360064ps2.jpg

Bless as in the German fashion/design collective Bless?

all the cool kids are getting long coats :D.

and cloak for that matter... i scored another cloak leather coat :P

f/w 04, showroom/runway piece (higher quality leather than the actual pieces produced)

leather version of this:

00030.L095.JPG

saw the coat on SZ, and think the cotton version looks better. i think the leather jacket has too much going on. however you could probably pull it off well. nice pick up though!

f/w 04, showroom/runway piece (higher quality leather than the actual pieces produced)

leather version of this:

00030.L095.JPG

i really like that version of the coat, sure the leather version is super nice!

Already thinking about spring clothing...

Considering how cloak spring collection was such a disappointment. I think this was a great find. Retailed for $1200, got it for half off on yahoo auctions. New.:D

archive396img600x450116bf5.jpg

archive396img600x450116vn6.jpg

archive396img600x600116ix1.jpg

Excellent buy, great take on the classic trench and the price is right. Is the trench fairly short or do I detect extra-long sleeves?

That's a nice setup, Mouko. How is "gears of war" on the HD. I have a regular television, and "gears" is still crazy good.

You can't really compare both. Most of the games I got look pretty cruddy in HD (just for reference, I also have Ghost recon advanced warfare, viva pinata and halo 2) but gears seems to be specifically rendered for HD tvs. My HD tv has a max resolution of 720p and its SUPER clean. I can't imagine how it looks in 1080p.

I really can't go back to regular tvs anymore. I'm even spoiled by HD DVDs, regular DVDs just look so blurry/pixelated now to me.

You can't really compare both. Most of the games I got look pretty cruddy in HD (just for reference, I also have Ghost recon advanced warfare, viva pinata and halo 2) but gears seems to be specifically rendered for HD tvs. My HD tv has a max resolution of 720p and its SUPER clean. I can't imagine how it looks in 1080p.

I really can't go back to regular tvs anymore. I'm even spoiled by HD DVDs, regular DVDs just look so blurry/pixelated now to me.

Thanks for the input. I've played ping pong on a friends 1080 setup and it was looking pretty nice, and was wondering if they can do something like that with Gears. I guess they can.

BTW checked out your blog, looks pretty insightful.

Excellent buy, great take on the classic trench and the price is right. Is the trench fairly short or do I detect extra-long sleeves?

Sleeves are right. I think you or DJ Flame also own the black trench from 05? I used that as a reference since I own that one too. If too long, I know I could sell this state-side and still recoop my loss since its new.

I've been lusting after the F/W 04? (i think, maybe 05) black Cloak trench ever since I saw Mouko snap pics of it in WAYWT last year, as well as the DH F/W 05 topcoat w/ peak lapels. Finally ended up with something right in between the two :D Long coats are a must, tho i still want a grey 3/4 length trench.

Yes

!@#$%?&*()

I fucking love Bless and everything that they do but jesus is it impossible to find anything by them or about them.

Have you seen any copies of the recently released Bless book (10 Years of Themelessness) anywhere in JP?

I've been searching desperately for it and was about to call their US publicist and

pretend to be a freelancer to see if I could score a copy.

If you know what I'm talking about and think you can find it, we have yet another business transaction to arrange.

The Bless DVD for 10 Years of Themelessness:

http://www.bureaudesvideos.com/bdv/editions/bless/#top

Apparently http://www.sternberg-press.com/ carries the book. I sent them an e-mail about it, since I can't check the .pdf catalog at the moment.

Edit: I did an ISBN search and found this: http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/BookDetailsPL?bi=814998339&searchurl=sts%3Dt%26y%3D5%26isbn%3D1933128151%26x%3D84 supposedly they carry it, or can sell it, or something.

The .pdf catalog doesn't even list the book, or any stockists.

Sternberg Press' US contact doesn't seem to be too into returning phone calls, and I gave up on calling after 2 voicemails and 10 additional calls placed randomly throughout the day over the course of a week.

Let me know if you get any response via email, though, just shoot me a PM.

I fucking love Bless and everything that they do but jesus is it impossible to find anything by them or about them.

Have you seen any copies of the recently released Bless book (10 Years of Themelessness) anywhere in JP?

I've been searching desperately for it and was about to call their US publicist and

pretend to be a freelancer to see if I could score a copy.

If you know what I'm talking about and think you can find it, we have yet another business transaction to arrange.

I haven't seen the book, but I haven't looked for it either. Bless is quite secretive, but I have friends that have friends that work with them kinda thing...

I think the only that stocks Bless in NYC is Seven, right? they're two seasons behind though, which is weird... maybe they just don't update their website.

It won't be today, but I can have a look around for the book if you want.