Leepro Appreciation

gimmegimme

^They are 60's fit riders...Definitely beautiful jeans, the details are meticulous and I'd love to see the denim fade...Don't think I can get another pair unless I try them on in person though, such a shame...

Sale thread (shameless): http://supertalk.superfuture.com/index.php?/topic/129541-fs-warehouse-x-lee-101b-29x30-bnwot/

Edited by aho

some great stuff are up on the warehouse news blog, including pics of an original lined cowboy jcket 1930s, i bet they are going to make a repro these days.and thze 1930s repros of some pants out of pauls book.

here are the links ,

http://ameblo.jp/for...age-2.html#main

http://ameblo.jp/for...1613781543.html

http://ameblo.jp/for...1613781544.html

the rest of the upcoming warehouse stuff is incredible too, just chek out the jackets right outa mikes book

Edited by fardin

• 2 weeks later...

I was talking to a fellow that owns a shop here in Seattle. It's mainly an atique mall, but he used to do Atlas Clothing dealing alot of vintage clothing, and denim (ala Hellers Cafe). One thing that obviously caught my eye, was this monstrosity. Estimated to be from sometime in the fifties. Selvedge denim, felt letters, and super fat yellow chainstitch. I didn't measure them, but they're about seven or eight feet long. They were NFS for a long time, but since his business has changed focus, they are now for sale. Posted price is $3000, but he was warm to offers. bigLee2.jpgbigLee.jpg

The streak on the side of the leg might have been paint. The spots are camera lens flare. They're in particularly good condition.

Edited by Joseph Hill

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have seem some 30s Edwin-made Lees with the Lazy-S stitching (like modern lees), and some that have the arcuates that don't really look like the "S", but more of a "bump".

Anyone know any reason for this??? I'm curious if these are just differently produced runs, or historical in nature...

I have seem some 30s Edwin-made Lees with the Lazy-S stitching (like modern lees), and some that have the arcuates that don't really look like the "S", but more of a "bump".

Anyone know any reason for this??? I'm curious if these are just differently produced runs, or historical in nature...

Lees would have had a Levis style arc back in the 30s, which Lee obviously can't copy today. The "bump" is a hybrid of the Levis arc and the Lazy S.

^

Ah, thanks! That makes sense. I was actually born and raised in Salina, KS (S-Town), where Lee started. So, I'm pretty curious about the brand. It seems that historical info is kind of hard to come by. Most people in Salina don't even know anything about Lee.

Here's a pic of the old Lee building that still stands in downtown S-Town.

leehardware.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

So, I'm thinking of getting the edwin made 1930s 101B from cultizm. I'm a 35" waist, but I've found it best to go with a size down for most vintage fits - like a 34 in the sugar cane 1947. So I'm wondering what size you guys think I should go for. Cultizm sent me measurements for the jeans which says that the 32 measures 33.5 and the 34 measures 35. but I'm not sure how they do their measurements.

and I know these are supposed to be sanforized, but I've read that they shrink anyways. Am I wrong about that?

So, I'm thinking of getting the edwin made 1930s 101B from cultizm. I'm a 35" waist, but I've found it best to go with a size down for most vintage fits - like a 34 in the sugar cane 1947. So I'm wondering what size you guys think I should go for. Cultizm sent me measurements for the jeans which says that the 32 measures 33.5 and the 34 measures 35. but I'm not sure how they do their measurements.

and I know these are supposed to be sanforized, but I've read that they shrink anyways. Am I wrong about that?

If you mean the 1930 model (as opposed to the the weird 1934 model) then the 34/32 I bought measured a whopping 37/37" and didnt shrink one bit (just made the colour wash out), so i sold them at a loss and went for a 32/32" (which after washing still measured 35/35"). So I suggest buying a size smaller.

I think paul t and a few others here have the same model.

Beautifull repros BTW.

Edited by Dr_Heech

My 1937 hair on hides are tagged 30/34 and measure more like 33/37. They tightened up a little in the soak but not significantly.. i would def size down.. the waist is a nice fit on me and the fit is still nice and loose.. high rise too.

erk In the past, Cultizm has always measured by laying the jeans flat and measuring across and doubling so I have found that their measurement is about 1 to 1.5 inches smaller than a blue in green measurement, depending on the cut of the jeans. You and I need a similar waist size. I have a pair of hair on hides from a couple years ago that have a stated 32 waist and are just about right. (I usually want the blue in green measurement to be 35 to 35.5.)

It really sucks that this version of sufu has eliminated all capitals.

Edited by entertainment

ok awesome. thanks guys. I think that the three of us ( dr. heech, entertainment, and i) are about the same waist. That really helps out.

now I've got to decide between the 1955 501xx or the 1930 101b. I like the idea of having something different and something from Lee. I've only owned Levi's repros. but I also would like to have just a regular looking pair of jeans. And I have a pair of 1955s that are too small, I know I love the fabric...1st world problems. I'm also pretty sure I'd have to have the Lee's hemmed by someone. If they're gonna have an inseam of 37 and not shrink at all, I'd be rockin some 5 inches of cuff.

and yes. the lower case thing is so lame. why even do that?

Edited by erk

Perfect in the legs by sizing down one...I figure anyone else could bear it, but normal WH size would be good too...

Thanks. If they shrink as advertised it looks like I'd wear a 36 rather than the 38 I'd normally get in raw WH.

I've read the version Warehouse is doing described as early 60s model. How are these different from those in the mid 50s? I'm not spotting anything detail wise other than maybe the Union label.

edit... as I look at more examples of vintage pairs, is the 60s 101 that Warehouse is doing narrower/more tapered in the lower leg than 50s 101s were?

Edited by setterman

I sized down two inches. THey're still a vintage fit, I think it's posted on here; I haven't washed them yet, but I think they'll shrink - all my other sanforized ones did. IN which case I'll need the wasit to stretch back out.

IN retrospect, I sized pretty much all my Lees the same; bought actual waist size, which was a relaxed fit, and the waist prob was oversized by one inch. Once I washed them they just became more of a slim fit. The Lee Europe did use the same fabric as the Edwin made ones at some point, and I went thru different models, but my experience was that the ones badged as definitely Sanforized shrank anyway, it just took longer.

But anyway, in summary, I take a 32, ordered a 30, I just measured and the waist, lined up BiG stlye, is 33, 34 with a little stretch. For me I'm confident it works unwashed and will look good washed too. I've been wearing them while lady t repaired the ROys, they are great jeans. Mine are the 30s model, with the Lee MGf Co patch and the reddish stitching with 3 lines at the yoke.

And yes, having no capital letters is pathetic!

Edited by Paul T