The Evolution of Jeans: Pictures, Scones and Tea

Guest bed

After being submerged in the dead sea and rinsed (see here: http://bit.ly/dzxzMs ) I've finally washed these. It's been ~6 months of wear. Shorts haven't been worn - included to show difference between unworn / worn+1st wash. Jeans are made using Japanese Selvedge from Kuroki in Antique Indigo.

IMG_1665.jpg

IMG_1667.jpg

Took a bunch of terrible pictures of some jeans - need to go back and get better ones of certain pairs, but at least these pics of my ooooold APC NS get the point across.

Bought these in the summer of 2005, worn for several years, but retired for a couple of years for pretty apparent reasons...

apcfront.jpg

apcback.jpg

I wish there was a way to repair these, because they are/were just the best.

Again, excuse the photography, I promise to do better next time.

the dude looks like hes from indonesia. to be honest if you're from southeast asia, the humidity levels are crazy high and it never gets cold. the weather here is blazing hot all the time and denim fades a lot easier even by just doing normal activities. even in singapore im feeling it a lot in 14oz denim. 19oz is another story altogether. but his at 4 months is really crazy for the stacks to become so defined. indonesia is definitely a lot more crazy hot though.

EDIT: i checked his post history... those are legit!! definitely only 4 month...

how often do you wash?

I find that question weird; Sam's are some of the fastest-crocking jeans I've known; my nipper's started crocking after the first wash at a few weeks. Why do you guys find the notion so bizarre?

(they do look great, nuk1)

the dude looks like hes from indonesia. to be honest if you're from southeast asia, the humidity levels are crazy high and it never gets cold. the weather here is blazing hot all the time and denim fades a lot easier even by just doing normal activities. even in singapore im feeling it a lot in 14oz denim. 19oz is another story altogether. but his at 4 months is really crazy for the stacks to become so defined. indonesia is definitely a lot more crazy hot though.

thats true, so come by to Indonesia and see your jeans fadez like hell lol

wearing any denim in indo is an exercise in masochism, let alone 19 oz samurais. i'm sure that heat and humidity are a huge factor.

another thing - were they given an initial soak? kinda seems like they may have been worn raw. heat + humidity + 19oz jeans = sweat + starch = gross, awesome fades.

whatever the case, they look real nice!