japan :: tokyo :: general

lamscott

mr rajio. maybe you are facing a difficult time but i am sure you will manage to find a good ( or better ) position soon. Why not using your free time to launch your label for a side business? (i read somewhere that you were thinking about it.. ) good luck sir, 尊敬してます。

the chinese use the same word for crisis and opportunity. CRISITUNITY

best of luck with it man,

and no ive never climbed mount fuji before. i figure ill do that when im 50 and i have nothing else better to do with my life.

Same. I know people who've hiked it in tennis shoes, for what it's worth. The upper part of the cone is volcanic silt, so whatever you're gonna wear is gonna end up a mess. Traditionally people start the climb in the middle of the night, so it's sunrise when they summit. If you do that, a jacket will be key.

I read somewhere that something like less than 3% of Japanese people have climbed it. I guess everyone is waiting til they turn 50.

I am going up in sneakers and a windbreaker, plus a flask of cutty sark to keep me warm. Wish me luck.

i wish u luck, and break a leg + sum fingers while u r at it:D

I read somewhere that something like less than 3% of Japanese people have climbed it. I guess everyone is waiting til they turn 50.

I am going up in sneakers and a windbreaker, plus a flask of cutty sark to keep me warm. Wish me luck.

If you want to see Goraiko, you should get a miner's headlight for the night climb. Gets pretty cold around 4 am at altitude but quickly warms up after the sun comes up (about 430 or so). Sweatshirt, scarf and a windbreaker worked fine for me.

Whatever shoes you wear should be considered DOA afterward. Also, try to rig something to keep the silt out of your shoes/socks. Many outdoors stores sell boot covers that go up to your mid calf which work moderately well. Alternatively, get creative with multiple sockage.

Make sure you bring water. After the close of the climbing season, you can no longer buy it on the way up.

Goraiko is well worth the effort. Good luck.

db

can anyone let me know of a real fucking good place to hang out and also snowboard that is easy to get to from tokyo or nagoya or anywhere in that region with a JR pass?

Alright kid I'm going to throw you a bone. Just watch who you call ignorant..

You said you're looking for cool bars and stores and it sounds like you're looking for live music.

There is a neighborhood west of Shibuya called Shimokitazawa, plenty of small shops, cafes, and bars in the area. Its not too far from the major urban spots so its not hard to access, but also easy to navigate--just walk around there is plenty to see. Its not too touristy, but a lot of young people too.

Quite a few small venues in the area have random live shows in bars and stuff as well. I can't recommend anything in particular but you can probably stumble on something or ask around if you're up to it.

As far as snowboarding from Tokyo, I would say Nagano is a decent option, several ski areas around there. Don't know if you can take JR but you can definitely get there by Shink. I've only been once and I usually go to Hokkaido/Tohoku so I don't know the area very well but I had a good time when I went.

/bone.

shiiit thanks heaps man.. much appreciated ..i will look into it... is nagano very pricey? i was reading about some place called Hakuba or something is that very far from tokyo? i dont want to go anywhere too over the top just a decent place to have a bit of a snowboard where i wont blow my money before i get back to the next city again..

ps sorry about before man

Can anyone confirm if Wacko Maria have their own brick + mortar shop in Tokyo, or are they only retailed out of other shops? I scoured the Tokyo shoplist + saw nothing. Thanks!

As far as I know, wackomaria doesn't have a flagship store.

Black Flag has the largest selection of wackomaria.

if you wanna check out the wackomaria x porter collabo jawn, head over to B-yoshida in daikanyama. It's in the beams / frapbois complex. lots of cool stores to check out while you are there.

just got my amex bill

21000 yen NN denimz = 195.72 USD on my card

no extra charges incurred for foreign transactions.

i support amex.

please use amex for your expensive frute swagz and lame basics

you don't have to carry wads of billz