japan :: tokyo :: general

lamscott

ç”Ÿä¿ = 生活ä¿è­· = dus getting food stamps (well, people get cash in cash instead of coupons in jland)

aka ナマãƒ

Hi, I will be in tokyo next week. Any recommendations in the Shibuya area to cop some fashion gears?

every trip I make to tokyo, I am always drawn towards the shinjuku, harajuku and daikanyama districts.

I walked aimless in shibuya on occasions but maybe I walking into the wrong areas. Suggestion please?

Hi, I will be in tokyo next week. Any recommendations in the Shibuya area to cop some fashion gears?

every trip I make to tokyo, I am always drawn towards the shinjuku, harajuku and daikanyama districts.

I walked aimless in shibuya on occasions but maybe I walking into the wrong areas. Suggestion please?

Get the superfuture Tokyo app. Those areas are good, but make sure you have a place in mind of where you want to go. Julius, diet butcher, viridi Anne etc. make sure no matter what you do, you go to ragtag. You'll be happy you did.

has anyone tried KAGUA beer? it's hella hyped right now.

i'm a pro microbrew drinker and i was kind of under the impression that japanese microbrews (at least the ones i found) are mediocre at best

beer & coffee in USA >>>>>>> Jland

Edited by herpsky

SOPHNET. reopened their store yesterday for the SS 2013 collection.

Stopped by today and the store was packed w/ jdudes steezed out in SOPHNET/Uniform Experiment/VIsvim/FRCB buying mad jawnz.

They must be making a shit ton of money.

The FSF collab shit was amazingly good.

Copped a Thinsulate vest.

Edited by djrajio

Sapporo Reserve (which I've never seen in japanz) is pretty awesome -- most whole foods in US stock it.

That Great Burger Amber Ale wasn't too bad either; I've always felt beer options in japan are pretty good but I don't mind living on Kilkenny/Guiness/Random-Japanese-Lager

Stopped by today and the store was packed w/ jdudes steezed out in SOPHNET/Uniform Experiment/VIsvim/FRCB buying mad jawnz.

navy + red?

You can download a Google Earth placemark of various shops in the Harajuku and Shibuya area at my blog. It might be of use to you.

http://www.nagoyayom...-earth-map.html

Edited by Yom

hitachi no ko nest is the best jmicrobrew ive had. coedco is good too. i havent see kagua in whole foods (where i buy all my beer) or mitsuwa

hitachino is easier to find in the states than it is in jpn

I'm in Tokyo for about two more months. Here from New York. I'm sure some of this has been covered previously in the thread but it's way long. Are there anythings in particular I should buy here that are better quality / I can't buy in New York? I've heard certain stores here have much better cuts for tall/thin dudes like myself. Also, looking to get nice Japanese items like a chef's knife, etc. Thanks.

Hmmm. Do you have long arms and/or broad shoulders?

It's hard to find inexpensive clothes for tall and skinny guys. Hard to find clothes that have an european cut i.e. long sleeves, wide shoulder, skinny torso

yeah, i'm about that height and slightly heavier. sleeves are hella short here.

you might be able to find retailers that sell size L and XL but most of the time, shoulders are too tight and sleeves get shorter... i haven't found shirts that are cut like band of outsiders

Aren't consumers of these brands more "lifestyle" oriented? I mean they'd buy a few things even if it was with their last cent. It's not like you're going to, say, Colette where clients are there to floss, these people are just serious about their clothing hobby and will budget accordingly.

They tend to be cult like in that they will consistently buy from the same brand season after season.

These types of brands really just do fancy basics with a few key trends thrown in but the overall silhouette never deviates.

The business model is genius if you are able to get that level of devotion from your consumer base as the cost to generate a new season line is extremely low since you are just merely making a few pattern changes and maybe getting one or two new fabrics.

Edited by djrajio

I'd check out Don Quijote for knives etc. There is a decent range of kitchenware at the Nakameguru store—

along with a huge assortment of other discount goods.

I'm in Tokyo for about two more months. Here from New York. I'm sure some of this has been covered previously in the thread but it's way long. Are there anythings in particular I should buy here that are better quality / I can't buy in New York? I've heard certain stores here have much better cuts for tall/thin dudes like myself. Also, looking to get nice Japanese items like a chef's knife, etc. Thanks.

You've got to be kidding me.

Dude wants decent Japanese kitchen knifes made in Japan.

Not discounted China outsourced goods.

Go to Tsukiji area.

Yeah, in Tsukiji, there's Sugimoto, Aritugu, and sweet Nenohi.

Plus you can see that these are the knives dudes are using to chop up fish daily.