japan :: tokyo :: general

lamscott

on another note, ginza was fucking ridiculous today. 5 fucking thousand people for h&m opening. my frd and i went there at 4pm and the line was still around 500 or so.

we said fuck that and went to some french cafe that cost 1100 yen for a piece of cake. i dun like ginza.

there's like no reason to go to ginza now since shibuya got an apple store near the OIOI. the only thing that may be worth checking out is the lanvin flagship but it's not like i can afford anything there.

others:

hakuhinkan toy dept store

uniqlo

senbikiya fruit parlor

restir ginza( did it close?)

barneys ginza

dior homo

fukuya shoten (that infamous bookstore where idols / celebrities do mad book signings and akushu-kai; highly recommended for mrip)

bic camera in shinbashi

malonier gate (sp?) - hysteric glamour and other shitty frute swagz

there used to be a cool restaurant called shinbashi modern shokudo

it resembled a yoshoku restaurant from the meiji-era. ye good olde days with my rents.

I moved back. Just wondered where you get to live if you stay at a Waseda dorm, which I assumed you do (?).

herp, maybe you can help me on where to find Robert Geller shit in Tokyo?

Here:

7 daikanyama (it's near evisu tailor @ the yarigasaki 6 way intersection)

american rag cie (shibuya)

north, south, east, west (it's a super awesome store right above original fake) - kinda like the japanese version of odin

record in nakameguro (one of the stores that hasnt been blown up. another odin knock-off. i just found it this summer. they carry JLS, geller, common projects, german army trainers, vintage shit, and other assorted super cool jawns)

vase nakameguro - really small selection. not even worth going to.

Here:

7 daikanyama (it's near evisu tailor @ the yarigasaki 6 way intersection)

american rag cie (shibuya)

north, south, east, west (it's a super awesome store right above original fake) - kinda like the japanese version of odin

record in nakameguro (one of the stores that hasnt been blown up. another odin knock-off. i just found it this summer. they carry JLS, geller, common projects, german army trainers, vintage shit, and other assorted super cool jawns)

vase nakameguro - really small selection. not even worth going to.

THANK YOU.

Will definitely add NSEW and Record to my list of musts.

Hey guys..

I'm planing on going to Tokyo for the first time in December. Any suggestions on where to live, like good but cheap hotels, maybe even renting an apartment, if possible?

I want to primarily do some shopping and maybe some sightseeing.

Any suggestions on great places to do some shopping and dining? and maybe some bars or clubs?

I am even thinking of celebrating new years there. any ideas on where?

And as someone who's never been there, what places should I check out?

Thanks

How long will you be there? I was in Tokyo for a little less than two weeks and stayed in one of those "business hotels" near Ueno for around 50 bucks a night. The rooms were small but clean; couldn't ask more for the price. Some of em are really shitty though, so check out the reviews on the travel websites. A single room at one of those "backpacker" motels are decent too, or so i've heard. I was barely in my room anyway. Make sure you check if the place has a curfew.

If you got money, check out Cerulean Towers in Shibuya. A buddy of mine booked a single for me for two days when he found out I was staying at a business hostel and it was really nice. Only real "nice" hotel i've stayed at so I don't know how it compares with the others but it was excellent in my book.

Also, check out the 7280 yen all day subway pass, it's a pretty good deal if you plan on stopping by a lot of places. It's actually a waste if you're only going to one area for the day though (which I ended up doing).

Hey guys..

I'm planing on going to Tokyo for the first time in December.

I don't know how to use the search function, can you plan my trip for me?

Thanks

This shit never ends does it?

Anyway, there are some good bars and restaurants in Ginza, but all the savage Chinese tourists buying everything in sight on the weekends is getting out of hand.

Also, someone at the H&M marketing department deserves a raise...why are people lining up to get in there?

Fuji was cold. I wouldn't recommend trying to climb in asics tigers and track pants. Knees hurt.

This shit never ends does it?

Anyway, there are some good bars and restaurants in Ginza, but all the savage Chinese tourists buying everything in sight on the weekends is getting out of hand.

Also, someone at the H&M marketing department deserves a raise...why are people lining up to get in there?

Fuji was cold. I wouldn't recommend trying to climb in asics tigers and track pants. Knees hurt.

yes i was surprised by the number of ppl at h&m. jp ppl are not supposed to know about it:mad:

oh yeah i think the chinese tourists irked me. let me rephrase. MAINLAND tourists. they have no manners at all. they were trying to haggle sales lady at isetan. ROFL.

what about events for mid-october?

so far I know of ganban night, some event with akira kosemura the 10th, kazumasa hashimoto the 12th, yasushi yoshida + kira kira + other random iceleandic ppl the 22nd. fuck buttons are playing one day as well. perhaps esclator records are hosting something at web for october?

i just finished reading dmc. gonna watch the movie soon. gonna buy the anime box set.

anyone else like it?

it's pretty good. i've only read the first couple volumes of the comic book series.

i'm obsessed with アフロ田中