japan :: tokyo :: general

lamscott

the loveless F/W sale starts soon

PM me if you wanna know

it's gonna be gay. i heard niggas come from way out from the sticks just to stand in line. they don't even serve drinks during the sale.

I'm there! Already got tickets for the 8th. Can't wait! Are there any after parties that you have heard of?

jmatsu, why the hate?

the kinds of people that go to daftpunk in japan are lame. the crowd just sucks. the connotations of cool just go to shit.

so wassup witht he gayass sufu tokyo winter meet? how we supposed to contact each other? would you guys please post your keitai#s here?

herp are we gonna do homeparty at your house or your aunts?

is somebody gonna bring bitches? what is gonna happen? a bunch of dudes drinking at some bar? shit gonna b like the nyc/dmz meet? bunch of dudes eating yakiniku?

wasn't there some hot blonde girl who used to post fits? she was hot. is she coming?

is kudamono really chinee like thomas said, or is she coming home to jp?

are we really going to fucking harlem with jax so that he can get his groove on.

anyway i really want to take the gang to roppongi kamen budo! the soft touch strip club. i got a spy camera or i could just use my cel to take videos! i'd say 2 hours of nonstop boner inducing fun for 1 night there would be like 15000 yen at the most.

rajio unfortunately won't be there. whats the line up?

thomas

herpsky

soso

maybe soudune?

shit sounds so gaaaayyyy!

herp are we gonna do homeparty at your house or your aunts?

i dun think so

is somebody gonna bring bitches? what is gonna happen? a bunch of dudes drinking at some bar?

i can try to bring that bitch from my school

shit gonna b like the nyc/dmz meet? bunch of dudes eating yakiniku?

i need some yakiniku...

wasn't there some hot blonde girl who used to post fits? she was hot. is she coming?

i think she left japan and went back to london

is kudamono really chinee like thomas said, or is she coming home to jp?

i think she's chinese

are we really going to fucking harlem with jax so that he can get his groove on.

or somewhere else

anyway i really want to take the gang to roppongi kamen budo! the soft touch strip club. i got a spy camera or i could just use my cel to take videos! i'd say 2 hours of nonstop boner inducing fun for 1 night there would be like 15000 yen at the most.

or go to happening bars. lal

rajio unfortunately won't be there. whats the line up?

thomas

herpsky

soso

maybe soudune?

shit sounds so HOT!

x-post:

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmatsu viewpost.gif

i don't get the goro's thing. is it genuinely synergetic, or is it nothing more than an accessory incorporation based on the mimickry of "fashion" celebrities?

i'm being serious here. i can understand the formulas you posted, but how does goro's fit? i don't understand the story behind it...

goro's used to be somewhat huge in the early-mid 90's when teamers were everywhere on the streets of shibuya. his accessories = street cred

people used to get robbed for accessories with coveted motifs e.g. dai-eagle

a lot of high priced items are one-of-a-kind...

in the mid-late 90s, when the ura-hara / amekaji streetwear blew up b/c of

1) super-limited-quantity (ala bape) business model

2) collabos

3) emulating celebrities. a lot of celebrities / in-the-know people got into it e.g. kimu-taku, hamada of Down Town

that's when goro's became more "main stream"

my grandmother's friend used to own the building that goro's is in

they hardly had any business there. they even took phone-orders...

one of the appeals is that Goro Takahashi had a real native american tribe teach him how to make accessories. he was recognzied as a member of the tribe. i think his nickname was yellow eagle. that's why his shit has a lot of eagles.

another BIG reason: Hiroshi-kun endorsement

x-post:

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmatsu viewpost.gif

i don't get the goro's thing. is it genuinely synergetic, or is it nothing more than an accessory incorporation based on the mimickry of "fashion" celebrities?

i'm being serious here. i can understand the formulas you posted, but how does goro's fit? i don't understand the story behind it...

goro's used to be somewhat huge in the early-mid 90's when teamers were everywhere on the streets of shibuya. his accessories = street cred

people used to get robbed for accessories with coveted motifs e.g. dai-eagle

a lot of high priced items are one-of-a-kind...

in the mid-late 90s, when the ura-hara / amekaji streetwear blew up b/c of

1) super-limited-quantity (ala bape) business model

2) collabos

3) emulating celebrities. a lot of celebrities / in-the-know people got into it e.g. kimu-taku, hamada of Down Town

that's when goro's became more "main stream"

my grandmother's friend used to own the building that goro's is in

they hardly had any business there. they even took phone-orders...

one of the appeals is that Goro Takahashi had a real native american tribe teach him how to make accessories. he was recognzied as a member of the tribe. i think his nickname was yellow eagle. that's why his shit has a lot of eagles.

another BIG reason: Hiroshi-kun endorsement

while i appreciate the info (i actually wanted to hear milspex's opinion as a gaijin into streetwear/etc), it seems like you are a victim of mass media and street hearsay.

i wasn't asking why goro's was popular, i wanted to know how spex thinks it ties into streetwear (we all know fh/kimutaku/etc wore it, and like i mentioned was it because of him and his influence on his western street bigwigs that make nonjapanese desire it?).

anyway there is an old sufu goro's thread if you can find it, and the things you've stated about goro being part of a tribe is complete bullshit. this is nothing more then a selling/marketing gimmick.

all he did was visit an indian reservation and stayed at a nearby hotel until his tourist visa ran out. how do i know this? he spilled the beans while under the influence of marijuana. my old girl used to work at his shop during hs and i used to buy drugs for him.

all he did was visit an indian reservation and stayed at a nearby hotel until his tourist visa ran out. how do i know this? he spilled the beans while under the influence of marijuana. my old girl used to work at his shop during hs and i used to buy drugs for him.

Knowing is half the battle. Damn son.

Knowing is half the battle. Damn son.

you know how it is. there's always some story to shit.

yo can somebody post some kau moji and their definitions? i gotta get on that cause i'm going back again.

Christopher Columbus could've called them Pakistanis. But, no, he was so obsessed with fucking aamchur, gur, jaggery, and garam masala that he decided to name an entire race of people after my ancestors.

I'd kick him in the face.

edit:

Also, I would buy that book.

jax?????????//???

right now, I don't. I have a Sharp 902 though, but something's fucked up with it at it won't turn on, but even if it did, I don't have a Vodaphone sim card or a plan sooo.

I'm thinking about renting a keitai while I'm there though since I'll be there for almost 3 weeks it seems like it might be worth it.

Jax, hate to burst your bubble, but Vodaphone hasn't been around for a while. And the ability to swap out sim cards on certain phones and use in both us/japan died with it (to my understanding).

For 3 weeks, one good option is a friend of mine rented a phone for a month, it was a current series nice phone, only he didn't get to keep it and had to be careful not to fuck it up. I don't know the specific service but i could ask if you want, he was a UW student too, so he'd probably be willing to help out. honestly though, if you think you'll mostly be around people with phones I don't think you need it. Just be old school and write down mail addresses and numbers. Although, keep in mind that if someone lets you use their phone, messaging is typical borderline unlimited with most peoples plans and making actual phone calls is pretty damn expensive, relatively. So before you dial up ask, unless its understood.

No, tokyo just sucks.

There's a number of other places in Japan I'd rather be.

edit- sounds too negative, there's a lot I dont like about tokyo, but I wouldn't say i hate it. It just gets to me sometimes.

seriously, I just met another foreigner, older than me with a hot girlfriend. Every single male foreigner I`ve met here (around 20) has had an attractive Jap bitch he can`t stop telling me about. Every time I`ve met the bitch shes been hot. I`ve been here over 2 years and hit on a lotta girls. Fair enuf, I`m past it and too old to get some anymore, I had my time, but all these other fucks, older than me, uglier than me, keep talking about how easy Jap girls are. What the fuck..? Gettin to me lately..

seriously, you just have to be an outgoing douchebag.

Keep in mind half of the 'hot japanese bitches' these guys are talking about are on the lower end of the 'hot' spectrum. One thing knowing other foreign white guys has taught me is they typically very overrate girls. Guy got a girlfriend, she's not bad, but not that amazing, cute but not standout, dresses not bad but not very well, nice but not that interesting. They were all raving about how he pulled this fucking hot girl, I just didn't see it.

right now, I don't. I have a Sharp 902 though, but something's fucked up with it at it won't turn on, but even if it did, I don't have a Vodaphone sim card or a plan sooo.

I'm thinking about renting a keitai while I'm there though since I'll be there for almost 3 weeks it seems like it might be worth it.

jax,

you should just get a japanese friend set up a phone and contract for you under their name. there are mad campaigns that you can get free phones (or like 1-99yen or some pointless amount). they can always end the contract after you leave. you could check the balance right before you go home and just pay them alittle extra for the last duration. this way you'll have a phone and a dormant contract. next time you go up, just contact them and tell them to reactivate for you. this is the best way. don't do the rental.

seriously, I just met another foreigner, older than me with a hot girlfriend. Every single male foreigner I`ve met here (around 20) has had an attractive Jap bitch he can`t stop telling me about. Every time I`ve met the bitch shes been hot. I`ve been here over 2 years and hit on a lotta girls. Fair enuf, I`m past it and too old to get some anymore, I had my time, but all these other fucks, older than me, uglier than me, keep talking about how easy Jap girls are. What the fuck..? Gettin to me lately..

i sorta understand where you're coming from. when you get older you just find it bothersome to play the game. you just gotta get back in there! sure it bugs me when wack guys get hot girls, but be rest assured that those girls a probably wack on the inside.

how do you go about hollering at bitches anyway? what is your stratedgy/tactics?

No, tokyo just sucks.

There's a number of other places in Japan I'd rather be.

edit- sounds too negative, there's a lot I dont like about tokyo, but I wouldn't say i hate it. It just gets to me sometimes.

tokyo sucks? you crazy. every city in the world has got something to offer, it's what you make of it (tokyo has alot to offer).