Full Count Denim Thread

chris_n

I think the difficulty in selling out is due to wider cuts being less popular in America, especially in smaller waist sizes. As someone with a 28" waist, cuts that are wider than my beloved Okinawas/Hawaiis don't look particularly good on me unless cuffed highly and combined with a very specific outfit.

Additionally, BiG has a large selection of wider cuts at the moment which is certainly not a bad thing, but it will be a slow process to move them all in this market. Drapey/looser looks are coming back in vogue, but mostly in the world of non-formal suiting a la Yohji and knitwear a la Stephan Schneider. Most people into "fashion" are still wearing prewashed denim that is slim to tight and we must remember that we represent a minority, even in Japan where many of our favorite clothes are being manufactured.

Now despite all that, I have observed that vintage/baggier looks are becoming a more common sight on this forum which I attribute to the hype around raw denim dying down, removing some of the demand for modern cuts, and a shift in tastes towards more understated brands such as Full Count, Yofukuten, and Warehouse as well as the "retroexperimentalism" of brands like Mister Freedom and Kapital. The recent Indonesian influence is partially responsible as well.

Edit: Unrelated to my above point, I will note that I am set on Full Count being my next pair of lighter weight (for me) denim. Though I won't justify a purchase now because they simply won't get worn, if a Full Count contest were to surface I would almost certainly be in. Using a relatively hype-free band such as Full Count and a smaller pool of dedicated participants would hopefully result in a similar atmosphere to the RoyxCone contest, still the best example of camaraderie and friendly competition I've seen on this forum.

Edited by Planetarium

^sugarcane, another underrated brand imo....i think of sugarcane more of a workhorse daily beater jean (strong and durable) and full count more on the luxury/fashionable side (which isn't to say they aren't strong/durable or couldn't be used as a workhorse beater)...for a lightweight pair of SC's, i'd say the type 2 1947 (aka 2009) is good. 1108 or 1101 depending on what cut you like for fc.

key differences? aside from aesthetic, the fabric itself...zimbabwe cotton is esp. distinct in it's feel, comfort and texture. thats where the "luxury" comes in. for sc, they feel more like jeans as jeans should be, no frills and tough workwear.

Fit's bloody perfect, bF. Now I'm truly itching to purchase, but must hold strong until at least the end of spring.

(Just after typing that, I have found that And Japan is doing free shipping to the US. Arrrgh!)

You're also making me covet a pair of Boondockers harder than I was earlier this week...

you fucker im asking again because after a couple of wears the measurements will settle not asking you son of a bitch .

Uhhh hello?? He clearly posted measurements after he wore it for 5-6 weeks in the previous page. You would know by now if you actually read anything in this thread. I hope you're trolling bc you look like an idiot asking these ridiculous questions you already know the answer too. I'm done, if you want to respond feel free to pm me since I don't want to clutter this thread with your bs.

Edited by Mixture

It's too bad for us shorter guys. It's nice to be able to contact a store that can respond in English (since I can't speak Japanese :) ), and feel like they really understood what I've asked them. I would've definitely ordered from them since, at the time, BiG was out of my size. It's nice to know that they're there though in case I need them!

^fwiw, so long as the manufacturer has local inventory, big should be able to "special order" whatever you want...in my experience (your mileage may vary) prices are always fair and not far off from jpn retail after conversion including shipping. turn around time is also well, even with hemming, and in a recent example I saved at least $80+ by not going through a proxy...

edit: and-japan is cool though, haven't tried them personally or calculated potential savings...just plugging my man gordon because i love big!

Edited by aho

I have a pair of 1653LTD, mint...while they measure at waist and thigh like they should fit fine (even measure "looser" than some other jeans), they are a bitch to get into and wear, and this is before any water! Can't figure that out....is it because of a low rear rise? I want them to work but something is telling me to bail and sell them while mint....advice?

sometimes you come home from a shit ass day and you find a little package from and-japan

1108xx

newfullcounts.jpg

The denim feels incredible. I couldnt be happier with the jeans and with the service from and-japan. Got them much quicker than I thought I would. Ill be posting pre soak pics and fit pics tonight or tomorrow.