What are you wearing today? (pics only)

MilSpex

pardon me for not quite understanding why a streetwear fan would post on a fashion/style website.

you wear a t shirt and jeans, with a fitted and nikes. why do you chose superfuture?

Because on Superfuture, people dont just look at the article of clothing. But the persons aesthetic as a whole...

That which other boards lack...

PBJ's are icon_gu_b_slayer.gif

You and i started around the same if im correct (beggining of july)...when do you plan on washing?

icon12.gif

Correct. I think you, Mizanation, LanceP, and myself got them around the same time.

It will still be months before I consider a wash. How about you? Yours are coming along really well.

Correct. I think you, Mizanation, LanceP, and myself got them around the same time.

It will still be months before I consider a wash. How about you? Yours are coming along really well.

I keep trying to convince myself for a year.

But a hot soak at 6 months would be more likely.

Who knows though, its only 3 months in and they look this good...im kind of torn on which way to go. I love the color mine are turning on the inner thigh. Just gotta be patient and the contrat on these jeans is gonna be amazing.

its by whyred, dont know much more than that. got it last spring from a small local store so cant really help, sorry.

thanks for the comments fellas.

im pretty sure whyred is a swedish brand, I think I saw alot of it when I was in Stockholm last time. I also think I saw whyred on zoovillage.com last I checked but I am not sure if they got mikes jacket.

had to lug some books and shit to work today so thought I`d break out the w)taps cargo:

fullgeariiiko5.jpg

nexus 7 towel over

bill thomas x harold hunter x supreme over

pro club tee over

wtaps rashguard 3/4 sleeve tee

wtaps BDUs

jordan I lows

wtaps x porter readypack cargo

had to lug some books and shit to work today so thought I`d break out the w)taps cargo:

<wide-ass image breaking tables>

nexus 7 towel over

bill thomas x harold hunter x supreme over

pro club tee over

wtaps rashguard 3/4 sleeve tee

wtaps BDUs

jordan I lows

wtaps x porter readypack cargo

Goddamnit. Ive never been jealous of anyone in my life but you truely pull of a look that I've been wishing I could pull of since I started dressing myself. Nice fit...jerk...

im pretty sure whyred is a swedish brand, I think I saw alot of it when I was in Stockholm last time. I also think I saw whyred on zoovillage.com last I checked but I am not sure if they got mikes jacket.

yes its swedish, and zoovillage has had some stuff occasionally but no jackets. the jacket is probably from last season since I got it in the spring and I think I saw it in the store in the winter already.

While I think MilSpex is definitely looking good, I'm surprised at how unique everyone thinks the look is. Every (well, a good amount anyway) kid in Tokyo looks like this.

The build of MilSpex's body lends to his look far more than anyone has mentioned in this massive thread. A thicker body type (ie, chubby americans) just can't pull off this look with the proper silhouette or without looking like they are trying too hard. MilSpex (and lots of other kids in Tokyo) pulls off the look how it's supposed look. Kudos for that. However, innovative and new? For those outside Japan...I guess so. For those in Tokyo? Just another streetwear fiend.

thanks. I love it. a better shot of the bag. (those shots I took this morning were real shitty I know)

dsc01962rr7.jpg

With a bag that big you're either going to scale a mountain and camp out for a month with the small grocery store you have packed in there, or you're going to rob a local bank or check cashing joint...and you dont look like much of an outdoorsman.

Petey: You're 100% correct in that his form lends itself to his style and yeah I live in the US and dont see much Japanese fashion over here. However I still think its an oustanding look no matter how many people might borrow it. It was an American Hip Hop/skate look before it made its way across the seas no? Or atleast based on what kids were doing in the early to mid 90's and thats why I dig it. I dont zero in on the Japanese angle, I just see the Hip Hop angle that Ive always admired. Dont get it twisted though, I think Milspex has posted some original fits where he incorporated "dressier" button up, jackets, and other crap, while still sticking to the same aesthetic. Its atleast different from the average fit on these forums (again, dont get it twisted because I like and borrow a lot of what I see) and thats refreshing.

While I think MilSpex is definitely looking good, I'm surprised at how unique everyone thinks the look is. Every (well, a good amount anyway) kid in Tokyo looks like this.

The build of MilSpex's body lends to his look far more than anyone has mentioned in this massive thread. A thicker body type (ie, chubby americans) just can't pull off this look with the proper silhouette or without looking like they are trying too hard. MilSpex (and lots of other kids in Tokyo) pulls off the look how it's supposed look. Kudos for that. However, innovative and new? For those outside Japan...I guess so. For those in Tokyo? Just another streetwear fiend.

thats it. I`ve been ripping off japanese kids styles since high school. haha..yeah Japanese magazines, celebrities and friends have always been a big part of what my influences in what I like are..I`d see some dude on TV or in a mag or an exchange student at uni and think `I gotta get that look`..then I`d talk to my japanese friends and get it hooked up and eventually that led me to going to japan myself to buy my own shit back in the day and find even more shit to copy..pretty weird for a white kid then..but yeah I always thought I was a biter. but I aim to bite with good taste hopefully

spent some time in the states when I was a kid and admired black guys style then, new york style and then I always love jordans and skate culture too..all that shit gets appreciated more in Japan and flipped in new ways. it all comes full circle in Japan, thats another reason I love that japanese shit.

I always thought I was too skinny, good to hear someone thinks it helps the gear look better.

Haha. Yet another poster sweating your style Milspex. I guess its just that time of the month. For the record, I live in Tokyo myself and frequent Harajuku/Daikanyama/Shibuya very often. This style is NOT sweated by as many kids in Tokyo as in the mid/late 90s. The streetwear scene was VERY big back then, but I think a lot more diverse styles have filtered and interwined with the original look now.

Haha. Yet another poster sweating your style Milspex. I guess its just that time of the month. For the record, I live in Tokyo myself and frequent Harajuku/Daikanyama/Shibuya very often. This style is NOT sweated by as many kids in Tokyo as in the mid/late 90s. The streetwear scene was VERY big back then, but I think a lot more diverse styles have filtered and interwined with the original look now.

I certainly didn't mean to sweat his style. Actually I was just trying to be critical without killing this thread. Let me restate what I truly think:

You're rocking a style thats been done to death and everyone on this board still gives you props. Admittedly, you rock it decently, better than most americans. However, this style is so high school tokyo late 90's, you look like a bum that never got over the fact that he wasn't up on these trends when people thought they were cool. You're following the tired mantra of Japanese brands=cool, without truly addressing how you look. Your extra long white under shirt thing just doesn't look good. Fresh gear? Most often, yes. Good style? Well, I wouldn't go that far. I think you need to evolve a bit. Just because you own a wrinkled Supreme t-shirt from 5 years ago, doesn't mean you automatically look good, and I think people on this board can't identify that. MilSpex is rocking a this 1999 Tokyo style better than anyone on this board, that's it.

I don't like posting things like this though...they aren't productive, and I don't post my own pictures, making the criticism a one way street. That's not cool.

Haha. Yet another poster sweating your style Milspex. I guess its just that time of the month.
haha. yeah. I tend to be the topic of debate pretty often in this thread for some reason..
For the record, I live in Tokyo myself and frequent Harajuku/Daikanyama/Shibuya very often. This style is NOT sweated by as many kids in Tokyo as in the mid/late 90s. The streetwear scene was VERY big back then, but I think a lot more diverse styles have filtered and interwined with the original look now.

Yeah thats true. My taste tends to stay very stable and the stuff I liked back in the late `90s/early 21st century is pretty close to what I like now, and my I still like styles from that era. save the ACG airmocs and long sleeve border tees haha.

However, this style is so high school tokyo late 90's, you look like a bum that never got over the fact that he wasn't up on these trends when people thought they were cool.

ah wrong. I dont wanna be the guy that says he was `down` before anyone else but I was head to toe bathing ape before 99% of the people on this board had heard of the brand..you know? back when it was actually cool. especially in the West.

The fact that I was getting to my local japanese book store to pick up street jack mag back in `98 and getting friends to hook me up/ getting over to japan to get this stuff instead of just reading a blog and clicking a button these days says something..

Since then my taste has basically stayed the same. Maybe back then I was partially rocking to be cool/one up people in clubs/on the street but mainly coz I loved the aesthetics and quality of the stuff I was into and the japanese take on it (Japanese stylists/designers usually have amazing taste for pieces of important culture imo). Now I`m older and I really dont give a fuck what other s think is cool, I rock the gear I like for myselft because its become part of me and my lifestyle..I throw up pics to keep track of what I`ve been wearing and yeah, to show off a little, but mainly to show a part of myself by showing what I love and appreciate and wondering if anyone else out there has the same or similar tastes or thoughts about the same shit.

but whatever..

Mil... You know it's an ill job when you can come into work wearing a Supreme tee, W)taps BDU's, and Jordans.

haha. you know it. I teach kids english in Japan, the J-teachers wear shellsuits and kappa sneakers so I dont feel underdressed haha.

Personally, it doesn't matter if the style has been done to death or is just completely out there. If it looks good to the eye then I think it deserves a compliment.

I can identify in my own opinion what looks good and what doesn't. I don't need anyone telling me that.

The amount of hate you get compared to all the other questionable fits showed off here really is mind blowing. But hey, style is art and art is meant to effect people. For better are for worse you're effecting quite a few people.

ah wrong. I dont wanna be the guy that says he was `down` before anyone else but I was head to toe bathing ape before 99% of the people on this board had heard of the brand..you know? back when it was actually cool. especially in the West.

The fact that I was getting to my local japanese book store to pick up street jack mag back in `98 and getting friends to hook me up/ getting over to japan to get this stuff instead of just reading a blog and clicking a button these days says something..

Since then my taste has basically stayed the same. Maybe back then I was partially rocking to be cool/one up people in clubs/on the street but mainly coz I loved the aesthetics and quality of the stuff I was into and the japanese take on it (Japanese stylists/designers usually have amazing taste for pieces of important culture imo). Now I`m older and I really dont give a fuck what other s think is cool, I rock the gear I like for myselft because its become part of me and my lifestyle..I throw up pics to keep track of what I`ve been wearing and yeah, to show off a little, but mainly to show a part of myself by showing what I love and appreciate and wondering if anyone else out there has the same or similar tastes or thoughts about the same shit.

but whatever..

much respect mil... seriously. i wouldnt dress like you, and maybe it is played out in some parts of the world, but you do it well. it never seems contrived, always confident and comfortable. keep on rocking your shit man... youre one of the real individuals here.