What are you wearing today? (pics only)

MilSpex

Quote:

dope DSS shirt, their spring line is pretty dope

and i also agree with MIL....that kid looks good in the shit he wears. Actually looks like he knows what its about as apposed to any kid on NT that cops the latest sb dunks with some matching supreme shit without knwoing anything about it.

--- Original message by kixslf on May 9, 2006 01:37 PM

That kid also runs a blog called Fuck A Hypebeast, which features a lengthy intro about his disdain for Hypebeast.com, and then proceeds to swipe over half of its content from Hypebeast.com... that's a bitch move in my book, and an 'internship' with the ALIEN crew doesn't give him any more credibility than having mommy/daddy buy him fifty pairs of SBs.

lol @ blasting the kids blogs...

how much are the ALife 501s???

last time I was there, they had some Alife LVCs if im correct and they were $500 (limited to 100 pairs w/ multi color stitching)...but that was a while ago and my memory is shot...

***Dociousaliexpifragalisticcalisuper***

whats up ace its matt

what is it with rollerbladers and bottled water? you and jeff both stock up like WW3 is coming

you hit denim bar for those APC's yet? im grabbing some nudies as soon as i get paid haha

Quote:

thanks a lot kixslf, MilSpex, and EMBARK

but damn I catch mad heat on this SF......some people just don't understand I live the life...I don't try to look a certain way, I just buy what I like and wear it and I'm sorry if it's the way you don't like.

representin the gritty streets of LES all day everyday

also let me get some stuff straight for ya onemancult.......the title of my blog is FUCK "A" HYPEBEAST not FUCK HYPEBEAST....i have nothing at all against Hypebeast, Im saying fuck A HYPEBEAST as in the person.

And Adrian those Alife 501s were 250 when I picked them up awhile back.

Today:

Burton New Era

The Hundreds

Alife

Nike Sb

--- Original message by dcrevolution40 on May 9, 2006 04:34 PM

not to be a dick or anything, but i don't understand how wearing 250 dollar jeans and the newest, crispest dunks means you're repping anything aside from the gritty streets of ebay.

like i mean, whatever, dress how you want to dress, but don't act like you're 'living the life'. you're clearly a rich, white, art school student (whether that's true or not, it's what you're 'repping')

Edited by boystory on May 9, 2006 at 06:22 PM

Quote:

thanks a lot kixslf, MilSpex, and EMBARK

but damn I catch mad heat on this SF......some people just don't understand I live the life...I don't try to look a certain way, I just buy what I like and wear it and I'm sorry if it's the way you don't like.

representin the gritty streets of LES all day everyday

also let me get some stuff straight for ya onemancult.......the title of my blog is FUCK "A" HYPEBEAST not FUCK HYPEBEAST....i have nothing at all against Hypebeast, Im saying fuck A HYPEBEAST as in the person.

And Adrian those Alife 501s were 250 when I picked them up awhile back.

Today:

Burton New Era

The Hundreds

Alife

Nike Sb

0509446125d1ec806.jpg

--- Original message by dcrevolution40 on May 9, 2006 04:34 PM

Let me really, really break shit down for you and everybody watching, buddy boy- shit's serious, and you've stepped too far off the curb.

You catch mad heat on SF cos you're the physical manifestation of fakeness. You get seen through like extra-thin condoms, kid. You most certainly do try and look a certain way, were you fucking born in those Alife 501s?

Your blog's called Fuck A Hypebeast, yeah dude, I can read- guess what, I go to NYU too-

and the deal is, in your links section, you link to HYPEBEAST and say something like "Yeah I know, but they have good news some times"- and then proceed to rip their shit like Chinese bootleggers.

BUT HERE'S THE KICKER!!!

How in the holy fuck are you gonna spit shit about how you rep the gritty streets of the LES?

Are you really, really serious right now, dude?

Motherfucker, you're not even from NYC! Keep to yr handrails and gaps in Cortland county, pissface, because the only streets you know are the streets your favorite stores are on.

The LES turns bitches like you into robbery victims, dude.

I'm fucking BAR NYC, and I'm still here, and I always will be. I know I'm going to get flak for making such a big deal out of this, but fuck it- this is MY city, this is MY culture, and I refuse to sit back and let the game get run by Miracle Whip gangsters.

When you come to NYU this Fall, keep your shit in check, no jokes, because

I will be more than happy to cap my Senior year off with a beat-down.

Quote:

whats up ace its matt

what is it with rollerbladers and bottled water? you and jeff both stock up like WW3 is coming

you hit denim bar for those APC's yet? im grabbing some nudies as soon as i get paid haha

--- Original message by watchman on May 9, 2006 05:56 PM

whats good matt....

bottled water is a necessity for college life, haha.

i havent been to the denim bar yet..im gonna wait til this summer i think when i have some money saved up.

let me know when you get those nudies and tell me what you think.

Ace.

"some people just don't understand I live the life..."

"representin the gritty streets of LES all day everyday"

then

"Have a wonderful day"

it seems a bit late for this high road bullshit

"i fucking represent and i live the life" then "i have absolutely no problem with you"

i only lived in nyc for a few years of my life

but born and raised or transplanted a pussy is a pussy no matter how you look at it

incidentally today i am wearing my uniqlo one wash (now a three wash), onitsuka tigers, a fruit of the loom white tee and a grey members only

Quote:

yo man i don't get you....what did u do look me up on the student database or something.....I have absolutely nothing against you

and let me tell you something....my parents are divorced....i live with my mom every other weekend in Cortland County, yes your rite, and the other weekends and every whole summer I live with my dad in NYC..so I don't know what your problem is

and thats awesome your BAR but man its not YOUR culture.....i don't seam to catch any heat from anyone down there at all....I am welcomed by all

Your the reason NYC gets a bad rep by people who visit there and meet people like you

and by the way i love my alife 501s, they are so broken in from skating that I just don't like to wear anything really else....I don't see why you care about that

Have a wonderful day

--- Original message by dcrevolution40 on May 9, 2006 06:59 PM

I'm kind to people who are respectful and humbled by those who inspire me.

As for people that I feel cross boundaries they haven't earned the right to cross, yeah, I'm a bit of a ruthless dick.

I've got eyes and ears that extend further than your split ends; and it is MY culture, just as much as it is everyone else who is legitimately making moves. You may have gotten your piece onto the board, but I feel you need to step your shit back a little bit, take it all in, and stop portraying an image that you can't live up to.

You need to grow up and hold your mouth shut 'til that process ends.

Right now you're baby food, you can't run with real meals.

Edited by onemancult on May 9, 2006 at 07:19 PM

whats up alex..

skatings been good so far, the nice weather is great..still a bit hard to get out with all the school work but once summer comes ill be skating tons.

and im def tryin to hit up nyc again sometime this summer.

Ace

The real "gritty streets" of LES werent about skating,LE dunks, $250 Alife jeans or even Alife or stores like it. It was about poor Blacks and Latinos, herion, hip hop, salsa and underground parties and after hours spots galore. It was kinda dangerous and it definetly wasnt romanctic or cool. Everything after 1990 is on some trendy bullshit anways. That was the genisis of the real culture down there and where a lot of those streetwear labels get their ideas from and romaticize. I respect Recon/Stash because he reps that shit and was down for real. I was there and i doubt anyone of here represents that or even remembers it.

No disrespect to anyone.

No disrespect taken here, in fact, I'm all for whenever someone has a real clue of what a statement like "I miss the old New York" means.

I was a young one back in the days... shadowing my dad from the Bronx to the LES for parties when he would DJ is one of my fondest memories. Of course I didn't understand everything going on around me, but it felt right, and it still does, and it informs every step I take in life.

Quote:

dope DSS shirt, their spring line is pretty dope

and i also agree with MIL....that kid looks good in the shit he wears. Actually looks like he knows what its about as apposed to any kid on NT that cops the latest sb dunks with some matching supreme shit without knwoing anything about it.

--- Original message by kixslf on May 9, 2006 01:37 PM

just because you know supreme is a skateshop in NYC don't mean you're not a "hypebeast".....

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZtriggerkid