Japan Blue Momotaro

Klaas

is sanforized momo denim best washed after a year? it's been about half of that so far with no stains or smells . . .

my main concern is that this particular denim is very stubborn, and even though they are getting softer, they dont show a lot of visible wear yet

Edited by hawkway

ac_slater, have you soaked those at all? i am wondering how much the rise shrinks with a soak . . . these def sit a lot higher for me than any other pair of raws that ive had. they look great too!

Nah they haven't touched water yet. But I gotta wash soon because they're starting to get pretty dirty. Playing capture the flag in a cow pasture every week is starting to take its toll.

I've just bought a pair of vintage label 0901s. For some reason, I was very suspicious of the credentials of this label, but not anymore. These are a great loose cut with very nice details and the (raw 15.7oz) denim is very nice - dark and smooth, but with more irregularities than say my SDA (15oz) or. Flat Heads (16oz)I own a lot of denim, but I'm probably looking forward to wearing these more than anything, with the exception of my SDA 001s. Anyway, Im now a screaming momosexual!

A question for all momotaro experts!

What is the difference between the 0705sp & 0701.

And how do I size these?

0705 is one wash and features battle stripes. 0701 is raw unwashed and will shrink a fair bit compared to the 0705.

General concensus is 0705 TTS and 0701 +1. Both are equal in fit.

0705 is one wash and features battle stripes. 0701 is raw unwashed and will shrink a fair bit compared to the 0705.

General concensus is 0705 TTS and 0701 +1. Both are equal in fit.

Damn you're fast! haha thank you very much. :)

Last questions if I may:... How do they fade? (normal, fast, super fast, etc.) & how do they stretch, how many inches in the waist

Damn you're fast! haha thank you very much. :)

Last questions if I may:... How do they fade? (normal, fast, super fast, etc.) & how do they stretch, how many inches in the waist

Both really need some dedication to get good fades going on. Both feature the same fabric, though the Vintage Label might produce better creasing at first, because of the starch in the denim.

Momotaro's are notorious for not stretching very much. I would say that the waist will stretch an inch, but more important is that you nail the thigh measurements. Get that right and you shouldn't worry too much.

Superb mate! Have you soaked yet or just got them and still raw?

Still raw Hoggy, these are joining the queue but will be promoted to near the top as I'm really impressed with them and I think the fit will be perfect post-wash and hem. I think I might look to clear a couple of pairs out too.