Japan Blue Momotaro

Klaas

Sorry in advance for a question someone may have answered already..but in terms of shrinkage after first wash, does the vintage label shrink much in length? i have warmwater-soaked my pair of 0701´s and got them hemmed, fits perfect but i´m a little concerned they might shrink alot more after first wash..

thanx

Just got these Momotaro x Blue Owl Workshop Collabo in. They're tag size 34 and still a little tight on me in the thighs and waist. if they stretch .5-1 inch in both places I imagine they'll be about perfect. I didn't want skin tight jeans, but I thought the Momotaro 0702 would be just a little too baggy and I couldn't find ANY fit pics on the collab. However I am overall very satisfied with them so far and the denim is fucking beautiful. what do you guys think??

http://imgur.com/a/sx9uQ

Fucking ace man!

I am on the verge of some 003's. What do you usually wear in momo? Like in terms of cut, size etc. Debating between the 29-30, but may end up with the latter of the two since the rise looks a little low. Can you comment on this? Is the leg opening pretty small?

TIA

Thanks guys!I'm thinking of soaking them to make it a little tighter though.Will it lose a lot of indigo if i soak it?And any tips of how i should go about doing it?(i dont have access to a bathtub btw)Sorry for the questions guys this is my first pair of raw denim!

Thanks guys!I'm thinking of soaking them to make it a little tighter though.Will it lose a lot of indigo if i soak it?And any tips of how i should go about doing it?(i dont have access to a bathtub btw)Sorry for the questions guys this is my first pair of raw denim!

Indigo lost should be minimal if any, since these are unsaf. they are shrink to fit. Bath tub isn't necessary, just stick them in a bucket with hot or warm water (depending on how much you would like them to shrink). If you really want to get most of the shrinkage out of the way give them a wash with a few table spoons of salt to preserve the indigo, light cycle on hot or warm then hang dry. Obviously soaking them will provide the least indigo lost but then again this have a black weft and are dyed "the darkest shade of indigo" for the warp so I wouldn't worry to much. I guess the pros of the latter method is that you do not have to worry about creases shifting etc. if you're into that kind of stuff.

Cheers, hope that helped

Fucking ace man!

I am on the verge of some 003's. What do you usually wear in momo? Like in terms of cut, size etc. Debating between the 29-30, but may end up with the latter of the two since the rise looks a little low. Can you comment on this? Is the leg opening pretty small?

TIA

this is my first pair of momo's so I assume I'd wear around a 33/34 in them. I tried on a friend's Going to Battle 32's and couldn't button them up at all. I'm usually 32 in most other selvedge, including LVC and SDA, though. I had to mailorder these from Blue Owl and ordered a 32 originally--couldn't even pull them up all the way. So I sent them back and got the 34. These are a bit tight now but will stretch to be perfect i think.

What size are you normally? I would say maybe size up 1 at least, especially if you have an awkward thigh:waist ratio like i do. I have dinosaur thighs but not THAT big of a waist, considering. The rise on all of them from like 30-34 is 9" i believe, but yeah, it is pretty low. The leg opening is pretty small, i think the measurements on blue owl are just about spot on. I wanted something with a smaller leg opening so I could stack without cuffing too gnarly and wouldn't step on them all day. I'll post again when these things start showing signs of wear.

Indigo lost should be minimal if any, since these are unsaf. they are shrink to fit. Bath tub isn't necessary, just stick them in a bucket with hot or warm water (depending on how much you would like them to shrink). If you really want to get most of the shrinkage out of the way give them a wash with a few table spoons of salt to preserve the indigo, light cycle on hot or warm then hang dry. Obviously soaking them will provide the least indigo lost but then again this have a black weft and are dyed "the darkest shade of indigo" for the warp so I wouldn't worry to much. I guess the pros of the latter method is that you do not have to worry about creases shifting etc. if you're into that kind of stuff.

Cheers, hope that helped

I had minimal pigment loss when I hot-soaked BOM003 for 30 mins.

Looks a lot like my 0702 fit. Regardless of that, looks good.

I'm very thin and would prefer more taper from the knee down. There are some odd creases from packaging that might be affecting how they look so I'm waiting for them to settle in before I consider getting them tapered. Overall I'm pretty happy though. Getting the right fit on the first try after never putting on a pair of Momo's and ordering online is a relief!

Momotaro vintage label.. is the 0901 really any looser fit than the 0201?

Sizing guide at nordic has virtually identical thigh width on both.. I gather the sizing comes from Momotaro themselves as well.

http://www.nordicden...t_guide#vintage

The fit is slightly looser yes. Higher rise and without the taper. 0901 is called Wide Straight, whereas 0201 is the Slim Straight and the 0701 is Tight Straight.

look good man. how do you like them so far? i also have the 003 in 34. check em

http://imgur.com/a/sx9uQ

so dark hard to come out in pictures huh?

Nice! Are you gonna let yours stack or do you think you'll cuff or hem them? It is tough to get pictures but I'm also having trouble figuring out what to wear with them they are so dark. Besides that I love them so far, can't wait till they get broken in more.

@ hoggreaser:

Since all Momo's are handmade, sizing can differ from pair to pair. Which can be an advantage if you manage to find a somewhat bigger pair in the tagsize you're looking for. Jay @ Blueowl is really helpfull with this, but... He doesn't stock them, although he might be able to special order it for you...

Just saying...

Mad for it!

I've seen some 0901s in a 32x36 in a UK store for £115 with free shipping. Might be the same as yours? I can PM you the details. Waist will always stretch back to raw or more with wear once you've washed or soaked them. I say go for it.