Japan Blue Momotaro

Klaas

I am not sure if it is the Gold Label nor I don't need it to be Gold Label.

I want something like this: http://www.aikidou.com/SHOP/AIKIM-001.html

I am wondering if someone in here has a denim like this, which doesn't fade over time. I think it is pretty interesting to own one or two pairs of jeans like this in the collection.

The first two numbers in the modeltype indicate the fit, last two indicate the fabric. Just for your info.

Anyway, I don't doubt the fact JB might release a blue warp/black weft model at a given time. But all I know at this moment is that BlueOwl is running a collab with them. Isn't out yet, though...

Info @ http://blueowlworkshop.blogspot.nl/2012/08/introducing-japan-blue-x-blue-owl.html?m=1

The first two numbers in the modeltype indicate the fit, last two indicate the fabric. Just for your info.

Anyway, I don't doubt the fact JB might release a blue warp/black weft model at a given time. But all I know at this moment is that BlueOwl is running a collab with them. Isn't out yet, though...

Info @ http://blueowlworkshop.blogspot.nl/2012/08/introducing-japan-blue-x-blue-owl.html?m=1

Thanks for the link, I wasn't aware of that piece of the blue owl collaboration.

And I wasn't specific about what "02" meant, I was indeed referring to the fabric number, not the fit. It seems that they only have the 02 fabric in the 01XX cut currently.

http://needsupply.com/mens/brands/momotaro-jeans-by-japan-blue/skinny-straight-deep-blue.html#

i need it heavily tapered like the 401 and WG fits. also its the grand indigos blue/green fabric i like :D

While the Grand Indigo's really are a superb pair of jeans, it is the Context x Momotaro collab that features the greenish tint (greencast) in the fabric. Atleast, it is what I remember from what the difference between the two was.

i know both grand indigos are meant to have a 701 fit but ive noticed that the context collab seemed to have a straighter leg

i believe they both have the greencast

e2715ccf_IMG_2535.jpeg

4f6cf0fcb7361m.jpg loving the way these look

Nope, the Context one have the greencast. Both fabrics look the same, but really are not. The fabric for the Context collab has been special made for the jean.

Both fit the same, but the difference is in the state of the fabric. Sanforized vs. unsanforized (Context Momo's)

^crazy, how the hell did you get electric blue fading going on jb's? especially so soon..

Not really sure haha! I wear them everyday whenever I can, except maybe on the weekends since I work. My schedule is usually 8-3:30pm at school monday-thurs and fridays I have a museum gig that I work at, and they see a lot of wear there too. I recently got rid of my car and ride my bike everywhere, as a result of that, which may help fading. Nothing really out of the ordinary, although I took them hiking once, but it was cold so it was totally practical.

Hope that gives you an idea.

The difference is explained here:

The Japan Blue "Skinny Straight" fit is about to get a make over! Once Japan Blue released the tapered fit just a few months ago, they made the decision to make some adjustments on the skinny straight which will take place with the next production runs. These changes will include lowering the front rise slightly and adding a bit more taper through the legs giving a slimmer silhouette. They will finally be producing size 28 which I know many people will be excited to see available. The "New Skinny Straight" will be released in October with new model numbers being the JB0201 and 0200sp. We look forward to the new models being in store soon!

I've got the WG - haven't worn them much in a while, but was getting some electric blue showing through. Might bring them out for fall/winter, but I've got a couple pairs of Iron Hearts to work on before it gets warm again.

anyone still working on the nf x momo sg? any updates on the wg? i think the wg used a faster fading denim . . .

Gave mine a gentle handwash the other week. No major contrast but still developing some nice honey combs and whiskers. Fadings most evident in the high friction areas. Got another pair in rotation so not wearing to much at the moment.

Some fit pics wearing a pair of Grand Indigos. Picked them up from another member on here almost 3 weeks ago. He had them tapered, which is why they look slimmer than normal, and wore them very lightly. I've been wearing them everyday since then and the denim is now just starting to soften up.

Sorry for the crummy pictures but I'm in the computer lab at school.

Edited by seeldog47