THIS OR THAT? (Use me for all your Should I Buy...? questions)

tweeds

Dry Bones Red-D Slims or Flathead F380s?

Already have some F310s, and am a big fan of the Flathead denim. All bar one pair of my jeans is currently slim, so might be good to have a looser fit. Also seems like F380s are no longer going to be made, so need to get them while I can, if I get them at all.

But the Red-Ds are unfamiliar and alluring, goddam them. They're also relatively rare...

APC Petit Standard - 1 month old

Sized down 2 to 27 from 29 true waist. 5'9" 140lbs.

Jeans fit comfortably now, though not sure on the fit. Think I should hem a few inches -- wasn't going for the superduper stacked look with these...

Still, great set of beater jeans. work with a pretty diverse set of footwear...

IMG_1520.jpg

IMG_1527.jpg

IMG_1507.jpg

IMG_1528.jpg

sorry, no wider angled pics...

thoughts?

ps x post from APC thread...

Hmm, I think the shoes are a little too bulky for the slimmer cut. I'd try to go smaller with the footwear. Perhaps a tight boot?

Anyways, I'm normally an advocate of the crazy stacked look but its just too much here. Don't hem so much that there is no stacking but they could use a few inches chopped off. :)

~Dave

Hmm, I think the shoes are a little too bulky for the slimmer cut. I'd try to go smaller with the footwear. Perhaps a tight boot?

Anyways, I'm normally an advocate of the crazy stacked look but its just too much here. Don't hem so much that there is no stacking but they could use a few inches chopped off. :)

~Dave

Cool, that's kinda what i'm feeling... don't wanna lose all the stacking going on but at the end of the day i also want to look like an adult and not a tweeny 6th grader...hah

i'll probably end up getting about 1.5-2 inches taken off since i normally rock at 32 inseam and these bad guys come in 34

I'm planning on buying some jeans after xmas to rotate with my SExSC06's, but not sure what to get. I love slubby denim (i.e. my 06's, and my black PBJ's) but I'm thinking of getting a smoother weave for a change. Any suggestions? I'm considering...

Eternal 811

Skull 5010 6x6

Warehouse 660

Samurai (not sure what model, maybe 710)

If you want something completely different in terms of weave and everything else, go for the eternal 811. The weave is very smooth, they'll see the awesome vertical, streaky fading that everybody seems to want these days. That of course is completely different from your sugarcanes and pbjs. The cut is also extremely versatile, and can be worn in any number of styles. The cut may be somewhat similar to your sugarcanes, mid-rise slimmish straight leg jeans, but if different denim is what you want, that's the best choice out of those mentioned. The others are great jeans and cuts as well, so you can't go wrong with those either.

Thanks. I'm not sure how I should size, though. I've heard it's good to size down one, to reduce hipflare, but the waist is already 1" smaller (onewash) than the tagged size. Do they stretch much?

Also, I would want to get the BiG 39", which is $255, and then I feel like it might be worthwhile to pay $30 more for some samurais.

I'm planning on buying some jeans after xmas to rotate with my SExSC06's, but not sure what to get. I love slubby denim (i.e. my 06's, and my black PBJ's) but I'm thinking of getting a smoother weave for a change. Any suggestions? I'm considering...

Eternal 811

Skull 5010 6x6

Warehouse 660

Samurai (not sure what model, maybe 710)

Get the warehouse..... best overall among the 4 choices....if u r getting eternals, watchout for sizing... they run really small....

if u r getting eternals, watchout for sizing... they run really small....

is BiG's chart not accurate? is there another sizing guide online? I'm usually a size 33-34, and according to BiG the onewash 34 has a 33" waist, but since I want the raws (and won't be boiling them) that'll probably come to a 33.5 on me. Sound right? Thank you!

need some feedback on the fit of these (thai fakes)

bought a while back on the cheap, worn a couple times but since I can't afford to sink money into new jins atm, I'm debating weather or not to put some time into these. Fullest cut I've worn, so it's taking some getting used to, not sure if I should soak, sell em or just wear them...any feedback appreciated

fit pics:

2zxmfkg.jpg

20hpzeb.jpg

24b10qq.jpg

That's a good fit on those. If they've already been soaked, there's no need to soak or do anything else. They're definitely not loose enough to be considered relaxed, and they're not anti-fit at all. Just wear em'. I've seen some fantastic faded pairs, your pair may well turn out to be great as well. I would put them in a rotation with your slimmer pairs and wear them when you want something looser and more comfortable and to switch it up.

is BiG's chart not accurate? is there another sizing guide online? I'm usually a size 33-34, and according to BiG the onewash 34 has a 33" waist, but since I want the raws (and won't be boiling them) that'll probably come to a 33.5 on me. Sound right? Thank you!

Yeah that sounds right.

They are a bit undersized, but BiG was spot on with my pair.