THIS OR THAT? (Use me for all your Should I Buy...? questions)

tweeds

I don't know if that's the correct topic to adress this kind of issue so please redirect me if I'm not in the right place.

So, I would like to know if any of you have already ordered from caliroots.com. I've placed an order on Dec 28th and my order status is still '"not packed yet" as of today. I've sent an email and no answer, no infos from them. Any ideas, help?

Caliroots = add at least 6-10 days to regular shipping times when they have one of their sales. I think it used to say something to that effect on the shopping cart page when the sale was running. Anyways, they're good folks - you might have to wait a bit but you'll definitely get your merch :)

ok so i've narrowed it down:

flathead f380

samurai 0500xx (15oz)

or skull 5507xx

??

and on a side note: anyone experience a lot of stretching with flatheads? since im between sizes (34 and 36), i need to make sure if i get the f380's that they dont get too small but also not too big like the 36's seem to be :(

The don't stretch exceptionally much, but it depends on how much pressure is applied on the waist. If you go for a 34, they will stretch a good bit more than if you go for the 36. The 34 will be at least a bit uncomfortable in the waist, but its probably more of the fit you want through the legs, so that's what I would go with. The denim does shrink a lot, so be a bit weary of that. But yeah, the 34 will stretch out to accommodate your waist after some wear.

ok so i've narrowed it down:

flathead f380

samurai 0500xx (15oz)

or skull 5507xx

??

and on a side note: anyone experience a lot of stretching with flatheads? since im between sizes (34 and 36), i need to make sure if i get the f380's that they dont get too small but also not too big like the 36's seem to be :(

SAMURAIS for sure!!! if you look at the japanese retail price 0500s they are 25% more expensive than the skulls and 15% more expensive than the FHs... the extra bit of price reflects production cost, quality, and brand reputation... And from personal experience, i find samurais superior to both my FHs and skulls...

I have a pair of PBJ-005's that fit me perfectly. Looking for something with new with a similar fit? Any thoughts? I currently have a pair of takumi's (not sure which one--sale at BIG), and SDA-103's. Looking for something new.

Also--if I like the PBJ fit, would I like the dior fit? I have only seen pics of the dior on people and having a hard time judging it.

dior would fit you - higher rise than PBJ - more tapered...however - why don't you give the IH 301 a try...

Thanks for the response. I hadn't thought about the IH 301. Looking at the pics, they look pretty great. I had a feeling the Dior might be off. They just look so damn good though, and it would be something a little different.

What kind of fit do want? Slimmish throughout, or fitted in the thighs with a taper is what you'll probably get with the 34 and 36 respectively. If you want the former, get the 34, later 36. Maybe 36 is what you want if your thighs are on the larger side.
i do want a fitted look, not too tight, but at the same time im trying to find a cut that'll give me that and still maintain a 8in hem. everything i've had to get so far starts off at 9in or larger, so it'd be nice to have something with a slight taper for a change. but then that might be too idealistic of me to expect it to be possible, huh?