THIS OR THAT? (Use me for all your Should I Buy...? questions)

tweeds

I'm curious then, denimformytummy, why you're spending time on your nudies if you admit they're lower quality...

Haha.. good question.. I already wore my nudies for 4-5 months before I know other higher quality japanese brands like Samurai, Flathead, etc. Since I already waste my 5 month time, I just wear it until it hit 1 year. I don't like to stop at the middle of the breaking in process. BTW, I already saw many great results from nudie in spite of its lower quality. That's only my opinion : ) .

Sorry, I should have put more info.

This would be my first forray into Japanese brands, hence the wide selection. I'd like a slim cut, but I can't really do really slim because of big thighs...so I guess...an in between cut? I know the 005's are slim, but I could do with sizing up one or two even. the F380 is supposed to be the "regular" fit of the FH, right? As for slubbiness/smoothness, I'm not quite sure. I've gone through lots of pictures and I like them both. So I guess in that case, it doesn't really matter. I know the PBJs are slubby...the Eternals are smooth and the FH is sort of an in between, right?

*Edit* In terms of fading, I've seen progression photos of all three and I like them all. So I don't really have a preference there. Just something that won't take a year of hardcore wear to see minimal signs of fading, heh. (Eternals seem to be the hardest of the three?)

Sorry, I should have put more info.

This would be my first forray into Japanese brands, hence the wide selection. I'd like a slim cut, but I can't really do really slim because of big thighs...so I guess...an in between cut? I know the 005's are slim, but I could do with sizing up one or two even. the F380 is supposed to be the "regular" fit of the FH, right? As for slubbiness/smoothness, I'm not quite sure. I've gone through lots of pictures and I like them both. So I guess in that case, it doesn't really matter. I know the PBJs are slubby...the Eternals are smooth and the FH is sort of an in between, right?

*Edit* In terms of fading, I've seen progression photos of all three and I like them all. So I don't really have a preference there. Just something that won't take a year of hardcore wear to see minimal signs of fading, heh. (Eternals seem to be the hardest of the three?)

I think you should go fo the flatheads. They fade pretty quickly, are an in between cut and look good worn in. They will be a good starter denim for you.

hmm id say the PBJ are qutie difficult to fade...but yeah i'd say go with the Flatheads, seems pretty close to what you're looking for.

the PBJs are especially gonna be slim around the thighs so you might want to avoid that...especially with sizing up it'll kind of mess up the leg opening and you'll have an awkard fitting pair of jeans.

Hi. was given these jeans but not sure if I should keep them. They fit well, but I'm not sure about the front pocket fading / back pocket 'lightning bolt effect".

Do you think?

5.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

Appreciate your opinions!

d

As an alternative, is there any way to "scuff out" , dye ,or bleach out the front / back pocket details?

Hi. was given these jeans but not sure if I should keep them. They fit well, but I'm not sure about the front pocket fading / back pocket 'lightning bolt effect".

Do you think?

5.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

Appreciate your opinions!

d

As an alternative, is there any way to "scuff out" , dye ,or bleach out the front / back pocket details?

wrong forum to be asking about AG jeans. try honestforum or something. but on that note, those jeans are horrendous. everything form the front pocket bag fade to the back pocket. and having seen AG jeans in person, im sure the fit is terrible too. throw them away.

Evisu Lot 2000 No 1 denim in size w35 or w36?

I wear w34 in Samurai, w32 in the SUFU 660?

Need them to shrink to a w34 but not sure of shrinkage???

Any help appreciated.......

Also can anyone confirm what leg length they shrink to?

After searching I found everything from 35inches to 33??

Tall, slightly big guy (waist 36) with biker thighs in need of some solid heavy straight cut denim. So: Eternal 872, Ironheart 634 or Sammy S5000VX (17 oz)? Or any other suggestion.

Tall guy here, also looking for jeans. The only jeans I actually own are APC rescues and they are a great straight cut for tall guys that arent rail thin. If you need sizing help on those I pretty much have it down to a science as Ive had 3 pairs, they arent heavyweight denim though as you said you're looking for.

Im looking for jeans also, but on the lighter end of the spectrum. Some straight legs I'm considering: Somet 003, Atelier LaDurance Prescott, Samurai S5000vx, and Stronghold Straights.

If I didnt think Id sweat my balls of in them Id love a pair of Ironhearts.

Guest Montreal

I've been debating between these two jeans for a few days now, but I can't decide. The cut is almost the same. The Skulls are more expensive, but I've heard negative things, whereas I haven't heard anything bad about the Supreme denim. Money isn't a huge issue but saving $60 or $70 definitely helps my cause.

What do you guys think?

240-000351-667-03.jpg

OR

skulls1.jpg

Tall guy here, also looking for jeans. The only jeans I actually own are APC rescues and they are a great straight cut for tall guys that arent rail thin. If you need sizing help on those I pretty much have it down to a science as Ive had 3 pairs, they arent heavyweight denim though as you said you're looking for.

Im looking for jeans also, but on the lighter end of the spectrum. Some straight legs I'm considering: Somet 003, Atelier LaDurance Prescott, Samurai S5000vx, and Stronghold Straights.

If I didnt think Id sweat my balls of in them Id love a pair of Ironhearts.

It sounds like you're talking about the S5000VX. It's slim but not ball crushing, and the inseam will give you plenty to work with. I went with the USAs, which if you want to avoid some of the sizing issues people have been seeing lately with heavyweight stuff, it could be a good bet: it clocks in at 15 oz. My one complaint was the cinchback was poking me, but you need a seamripper and like 2 seconds to take care of that one. And the details are great. The selvage is super sick.

http://blueingreensoho.com/site/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=3517&category_id=&manufacturer_id=10&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=28

I'm 6'7" 165 lbs, typically wear a 32, went true to size, and they fit pretty much perfect.

I've been debating between these two jeans for a few days now, but I can't decide. The cut is almost the same. The Skulls are more expensive, but I've heard negative things, whereas I haven't heard anything bad about the Supreme denim. Money isn't a huge issue but saving $60 or $70 definitely helps my cause.

What do you guys think?

skulls. denim's ridiculously deep. as long as you don't do anything crazy too often in the skulls they won't explode.

everything i've seen from any supreme denim is mediocre

my brother finally agreed to pickup a pair from japan for me...so here are the choices ive come down to:

Eternal 811

Samurai 0500xx

Samurai 5000vx

or...alternatively, samurai 5000BK...cuz i dont have a black pair but i dont know if i would really want a black pair.

I'm currently wearing a pair of Oni Blues so im looking for another pair to circulate

i'd pick the 0500xx because its the sammies that uses the texas cotton and its a modern fit. also, getting them with the tag and stitching only sweetens the deal.

very close second would be the 5000bk. please refer to below.

P1011150.jpg

P1011151.jpg

Samurai S5000BK sz 27

1 Soak, 1 Wash @ 6-7? Months -- still wearing.

third would be the eternal because i'd dedicate two years to wear them but im still too young for such a commitment. however, that question falls on you.

the 5000vx isnt even on list because my spidey sense thinks you want the black more.