SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

anybody with a pair of hipsters and skull lindas? i think ive figured out the size chart pretty well and will go with a 3, but im not positive. i wear a 29 in the APCs, but i feel like i didnt size down enough. they were my first pair of raw denim so im a little in the dark size-wise.

sorry if this has ever been asked before or if it's redundant, but how do Dior Homme Raw (19 cm & 21 cm) fit in comparison to the A.P.C New Cure? (Assuming they were tagged the same size waist)

i think the DH 19cm MIJ has a smaller leg opening then the new cure

i hv the cures in 27 tagged (29 actual) with leg opening of 18cm and the 27 DH MIJ 19cm (29 actual) probably has a leg opening of around 16.5-17cm

thats all i know

Hey anyone have the link for that denim contest that japanese denim company had, between the owner, a factory stock guy, and a sales person. I think it was samurai or eternals .... I can't remember I did searching but could not find.

I read in the Evisu thread that No. 1 special denim and No. 2 are basically of the same grade, except that No.1 is unsanforized and No. 2 is sanforized... Is this true? It doesn't really make sense to me, because the mark up is way to high for that...

Managed to answer my own question. Obviously the denim is different.

no. 1 = 14,5 oz/unsanforized

no. 2 = 12 oz/sanforized

Hey, TIP, could you possibly add this thread to the encyclopedia? It's rather hard to find through searching but contains really useful information IMO.

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=22646&highlight=evisu+no.+1+lot+2000

Hello,

I am looking for someone who has Vintage Denim experience. I own a High end Vintage denim store in Los Angeles. I need someone who is educated in Vintage Denim and a strong Sales person. If this sounds like you please contact me at [email protected] my name is Madeline.

Thank You

Anyone with firsthand experience want to compare the difference in fits between the skull 5010xx one wash and dior 19cm?

I have dior and I really like the look of the skull greys, but I can't try them on and the measurements aren't really giving me the best idea.

Anyone with firsthand experience want to compare the difference in fits between the skull 5010xx one wash and dior 19cm?

I have dior and I really like the look of the skull greys, but I can't try them on and the measurements aren't really giving me the best idea.

both can be worn on the hip and will be slim all the way down, but the Dior 19cm have an inseam of at least 38 inches and the inseam on the grey Skull 5010 one-wash is only ~34 inches, so a big difference is the way the Diors stack a lot more on the lower leg. while most people size down with Diors for the slim fit, its safe to go true to size with the grey Skulls and it'll still be slim.

My cousin told me there is some place in the meat packing district in NYC that does bespoke denim? He does not know much about denim and moved back from NYC right after 911 but does anyone know anything about this. He said it was by some other swank store Jeffry's maybe? I know very little about NYC but I was curious to find out what this store might be.

is there a thread on pin-rolling jeans?i tired searching but either it doesn't exist or im blind(i really do have poor vision)

Do you mean like When you fold the bottom hem to one side and then roll it up to make it super duper tight ala 80s style?

IS it ernest cut and sew?

I wish to get everyone's opinion on these jeans, these ones in particular, keep in mind these are not the exact ones I'm looking at, but the same style and color.

I understand some of Warhol factory jeans fit similar to 501's is that correct? What is the quality like?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Andy-Warhol-factory-Levis-white-jeans-skull-cross-30_W0QQitemZ110108837349QQcategoryZ11483QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

these are limited edition i believe?

the appearance does resemble levis 501 cut.

Correct, they are limited editions, incredibly expensive when they first came out. And upon further inspections they do fit similar to 501's.

Any more opinions on these jeans?

Hey all, My first post here but I knew if I had a question about denim this was the place to ask. I've got some family heading over to Tokyo next month and have asked them to pick me up a few things. I've asked them to grab a pair of Samurai and I was thinking about a pair of the custom painted Evisu just for old time sake. I've checked the boards and seen it mentioned but I could not seem to find price mentioned. I would be looking for the 2000 model/ No.2 denim.

From what I've seen on the Rakuten sites they would be about 21,000 yen for a normal pair, how much does the personal touch throw into the mix? Is it even worth it?

Thanks Kush

I am going to order a s5000vx from japan

and I'm wondering if I should tell them to get it hemmed before they ship it, because I am afraid that it'll be too long.(no place to get it chainstitched in Toronto@@)

As I know, it's 36 inch after shrink, but I think 34 inch is better for me.

What should I do~~~

help me out~!

I am going to order a s5000vx from japan

and I'm wondering if I should tell them to get it hemmed before they ship it, because I am afraid that it'll be too long.(no place to get it chainstitched in Toronto@@)

As I know, it's 36 inch after shrink, but I think 34 inch is better for me.

What should I do~~~

help me out~!

I wouldn't risk it. If you hem them after, they'll be the perfect length...which is good if you're paying that much for something.

There's apparently a guy in Toronto who can chainstitch...was discussed in another thread if you do a search (or maybe it was on styleforum.net...if you can't find it, let me know).

ps - out of curiousity, why did you order from Japan and not BiG?

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic