SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

Would love to get a pair of the 101s, but the rise just isn't enough. I'd have to go back and check my LVC 66s, but I think their front rise once completely shrunk is 12.5". That's really as low as I'd like to go. From my experience with flight jackets made by some of the Japanese brands, they have proportion issues when they get above a size 44. Wouldn't be surprised if the same applies to some of the jeans manufactures when they get above a size 36.

BF, didn't realize your new Denime were the old stock XX. Thanks for the clarification, and nice find!

Mister Freedom Californians Lot 54 have a 14" rise in a size 38 if you can find 'em.

Any good recommendations for a nice black Jean jacket besides iron heart?

Also does anyone know where I could get a pair of carharrt raw jeans from? And Do they offer a slim tapered fit?

Didn't Unionmade have some recently.

http://www.natterjacks.com/jeans-and-pants/carhartt-legend-carmel-rigid-122296.html

http://sivletto.com/system/search/search.asp?c=424&b=&m=130&sort=2&q=

A good buttload of workwear stores, like actual green triangle stuff have them. I don't think Carhartt makes tapered anything even the AK collab pieces.

im looking for some real well-fitting raw denim, i have the money to spend so id go expensive - id obviously take care of it.

by well-fitting i dont mean skinny or even tapered. i just want to it to look good, and i want to feel comfortable.

6 feet, 165 lbs, ill be gaining muscle slowly

im not skinny, im somewhat muscular and have a bit of bow-leggedness

im thinking dior raws mij 21 cm?

inspired by this:

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=10314

im looking for some real well-fitting raw denim, i have the money to spend so id go expensive - id obviously take care of it.

by well-fitting i dont mean skinny or even tapered. i just want to it to look good, and i want to feel comfortable.

6 feet, 165 lbs, ill be gaining muscle slowly

im not skinny, im somewhat muscular and have a bit of bow-leggedness

im thinking dior raws mij 21 cm?

inspired by this:

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=10314

6' 165 is pretty skinny. So, you might be able to have a really nice, still somewhat loose fit with 19cm.

wish i could try them on. would 21 cm be loose? or still good though? guess ill go for 19 cm size 31? im not sure of my waist, because im not sure where to measure, but i think im 33-34"

anyone know where i can pick them up? other than browns and lva? anyone know any "proxies"? (thats what you call people who buy them and then sell to you?)

Great. I received my PS today but it seems as though I lost weight. I can button the top button with ease and I can fit my whole hand into my pants (pause).

I wanted them to fit like this...

4408097878_025c55b7fe_z.jpg

and instead they fit a little baggier than this...

5030279833_bf2c953a38.jpg

I bought a 30. Would sizing down one more to a 29 fit like I want it to or should I size down two to 28? I plan on sending them back to context tomorrow.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Jeans with 36 inseam under 200$. tapered cut. black or raw. want something king of dressy i could wear with PS shoes. any suggestions?

Honestly, APCs fit the bill. Size 32 and up have an inseam that stretches to that long. I'm 6'4 and I still have some stacks with my size 32 and 34 PS. Petit Standards are tapered as well and APC has black denim.

Boot persons question:

I'm thinking of getting a pair of Alden 405s from J Crew, since I have a little store credit to spend. I'm not sure if they'll be in store to try on, so can you guys help with sizing advice? I'm usually a 9.5 in most sneakers, and I'm a 9 in Clarks desert boots, and a pair of Frye chukkas. I was thinking a 9 for the Aldens as well. Appreciate the help.

are raw jeans meant to be worn tight so that the fades and creases show up and get created better?

Not necessarily. Raw denim can be worn in any fit as regular denim. There are pros and cons of wearing your jeans tight or loose. They will fade no matter how you wear them, just a matter of personal preference. The modern style seems to be a low rise and tapered, which is why you will see a lot of people wearing tighter jeans.

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic