SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

the FOUND book from CONE got me thinking about old washing techniques. though I would assume that washing would be somewhat more infrequent than in the present, their methods seem much harsher. i am thinking of the washboard and the wringer. their more arduous lifestyle (on farms and such) would lend an aggressive fade, even with harsh, abrasive washes every couple weeks. i think that we have to baby our jeans much more because we don't put them to task in the same way.

i'm not sure i'm making sense.

Yeah I mean a day in the fields or the mines could equal months on the bar stool. Some of those work jeans with those GREAT FADES were maybe only washed every month of two. So I figure six months and its time for the first soak. Look at photos of LVCs that have been washed very sparingly. They look awesome. And those abrasive washes were still less damaging than a regular modern machine wash.

a reason to soak before you start wearing them is just so the creases that get set to your body don't shift after washing. It probably won't be too big an issue, but if you care a lot or your jeans are going to shrink a lot it's worth waiting a few hours to put them on.

We're just retreading very old ground on washing and starching. Better to look at, or add to, one of the previous threads on washing, which are about the first item on the sticky:

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=12729

Like wise left-hand and right-hand denim has been covered dozens of times...

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=7541&highlight=left+hand

anybody know how to apply neatfoots oil on leather patch?

can i just rub it with my finger?

and what is the best brand for pure neatfoots oil (no petrolium)?

P.S. This thread make me feel comfortable for asking stupid question.

you can use your finger, but I'd just use a clean old rag. dab first until the patch is convered, and then rub. If it's sueded, do not rub, it'll get all funky looking.

Stupid Question - But I need HELP.

I would like to post some pictures and I dont know the best way to do that.

Please advise.

Sorry that I am not great with the computers. Please dont heckel me.

Stupid Question - But I need HELP.

I would like to post some pictures and I dont know the best way to do that.

Please advise.

Sorry that I am not great with the computers. Please dont heckel me.

Hey Clifton, make sure the image is on your hard drive, then get it on line using a hosting service, I suggest Imageshack: http://imageshack.us/

Browse for the file you want to post, click on "host it" (if using imageshack), then copy the direct link to the image.

Next, make the post as you normally would, and insert the picture by clicking on the little mountain scene looking button on the post's tool bar (on top of the window you're writing in). Paste the the direct link to the image in the box that pops up, and you're done.

However, if your image is really big (like downloaded right from your camera), you need to resize it to less than 640 pixels, as per sufu regulations. Read more about the posting rules here:

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=17061

yes, sanforized. won't twist, but they'll shrink a little bit in length.

Quick question. Nudie Baggy Bjorns are sanforized, correct? I like the sheen of unsoaked raw denim so I'm planning on not soaking. I just don't want to find out 3 months down the line that they're gonna shrink and twist so much that the knee bulge is suddenly on the back of my thigh (exaggeration).

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic