SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

Any recommendations for a Philadelphia tailor; I need some jeans hemmed. I know BiG does not currently chainstitch any jeans not bought there, and 45rpm wants $30 per pair now. A double lockstitch is fine for me since it appears chainstitch is no longer a semi-affordable option.

Any recommendations for a Philadelphia tailor; I need some jeans hemmed. I know BiG does not currently chainstitch any jeans not bought there, and 45rpm wants $30 per pair now. A double lockstitch is fine for me since it appears chainstitch is no longer a semi-affordable option.

The ironing tip is probably best, but I would just take them to a good drycleaner and ask them to do it...it'll be worth the $5.

Sounds like a plan. The less chance I have to ruin my jeans, the better.

-JF

new question: my waist measures a 29, should I get a sz. 30 sugarcane belt or 32? I know the say if you're a 28 get a 30, but I'm a tweener.

32 is safer I think...others have had bad luck with their belts ending up too small. If you're getting it from Selfedge or BiG, I would ask their advice before ordering.

The ironing tip is probably best, but I would just take them to a good drycleaner and ask them to do it...it'll be worth the $5.

ya i had this happen to me i heated it off with an iron. dont dryclean it. its the worst thing u can do to you demin. dry cleaning kills the life of most fabrics.

ya but its still not good to dry clean it even more so if you are counting the number of times you wash your jeans.

Why are you stupid? :confused:

Guy has a big jizz spot on his ass and you're worried about the integrity of his denim? His question was answered with two solid suggestions, and yet you still feel the need to hear yourself speak.

I recently sat in a lot of glittery lip-gloss that's probably oil-based. It left large, dark spots on the hind area of my jeans.

Any denim specific tips to removal of these stains?

-JF

i sat on rice. is it on the surface? or did it soak in?

if i wear you i'd just wear it out. the rice is disappearing because it acted like a coat of crappy protection

I'd really like to be able to attach braces (suspenders) to my jeans, like this dude from Nom de Guerre SS08:

ss08h.jpg

Obviously the easiest way to do this is to buy a pair of the above (any idea how much they cost in the uk?). However I'd rather concentrate on my new skulls rather than get another raw pair.

I'd like to attach 6 buttons to the waistband of my existing jeans so that I can dial up some braces. Has anyone done something like this before? Any tips on doing this would be much appreciated.

I just purchased some APC's on eBay. The tag on the jeans in the picture only says 'Cure'. Did I purchase the old cures? If so, how much of a difference should I expect in the fit? I consulted the APC thread f.a.q., and was a little confused about the information I found there.

edit: looks like I did purchase old cures. Any word on a fit difference?

I'd really like to be able to attach braces (suspenders) to my jeans, like this dude from Nom de Guerre SS08:

Obviously the easiest way to do this is to buy a pair of the above (any idea how much they cost in the uk?). However I'd rather concentrate on my new skulls rather than get another raw pair.

I'd like to attach 6 buttons to the waistband of my existing jeans so that I can dial up some braces. Has anyone done something like this before? Any tips on doing this would be much appreciated.

That's a pretty easy job. you can buy rivet buttons to hammer on from ebay. If you search the warehouse contest thread a few pages back a couple of people show some jeans which they have added buttons to... can't remember who it was though.

Bill at the stronghold will probably do it for you if you are in LA, send him a PM for details.

That's a pretty easy job. you can buy rivet buttons to hammer on from ebay. If you search the warehouse contest thread a few pages back a couple of people show some jeans which they have added buttons to... can't remember who it was though.

Bill at the stronghold will probably do it for you if you are in LA, send him a PM for details.

Nice 1 blud, I doubt I'd have thought of hammering the things in myself. Sure I'll be able to pick up some nice button rivets from a sewing shop or the like. Safe.

I just purchased some APC's on eBay. The tag on the jeans in the picture only says 'Cure'. Did I purchase the old cures? If so, how much of a difference should I expect in the fit? I consulted the APC thread f.a.q., and was a little confused about the information I found there.

edit: looks like I did purchase old cures. Any word on a fit difference?

The classic cure fits like the New Standard above the knees (looser thighs, etc.), however it tapers like the New Cure past the knee.

Nice 1 blud, I doubt I'd have thought of hammering the things in myself. Sure I'll be able to pick up some nice button rivets from a sewing shop or the like. Safe.
If you're in London try the haberdashery dept in John Lewis. Also I seem to remember there is a button shop - one of those querky one-off shops - very near there on Marylebone Lane.

Does anyone have the direct link to the samurai contest picture thread? I'm having a hell of a time finding it.

Much appreciated.

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=39629

If I hot soak my Dark indigo Jeans will it help them from bleeding on my white shoes?

It might a bit, but they'll still bleed (depending on the jean). I have jeans that I've washed frequently that still bleed.

So i have a question about denim weight. The heavier the denim means the faster the fade or the slower of the fade? When they say the weiight does they actaully mean how much they weigh?

The weight of the denim has very little to do with how fast the denim will fade over time. The weight = weight of fabric per square yard.

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic