SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

Hi guys, I'm looking for some advice for jeans with a more modern fit.

These are my skulls 5010 32" which are true to size and are all stretched out:

fit1z.jpg

fit2q.jpg

First of all, are there any critiques with the current fit?

The fading and the bagginess below the knees make it unsuitable as anything other than my casual jeans. I'm looking for something a bit slimmer below the knees so are there any suggestions? I'm looking for something a bit dressier so I'm not looking for a repro pair this time around. Also, it would be a plus if it doesn't really fade much

I'm looking at somet slims, acne max (only if i can get them on sale though), and maybe april 77s if i could pull it off.

Any advice or recommendations to check out?

hey guys, quick question here, im after a pair of uniqlo T 000 black skinnies, the problem is that im in a uniqloless country, and i'll have to order a pair

i am a size 28 in apc new cures, they fit perfectly =]

what size T000 should i buy?

thanks a lot! =]

reignman, what is baggy about your fit? they look fine in the pics...keep rocking them. no offense, but i hate hearing grown men ask other people if their jeans look right. usually those people are never satisfied with one jean, since they stretch/shrink. anything tighter than skulls will fit like girl jeans...or is that what u want?

My Skulls are acutally my favourite jeans, fitwise and everything. The only problem is that I feel it flares out a bit too much around the ankle. I would get them tapered, but I feel its a bit too far along for that already. Another option is I'll probably just get a new pair of skuls when i'm done with this pair and just have that tapered slightly.

how many jeans would you rotate if you really wear denim every single day? i own 2 pairs which i wear daily (i switch every day), but i really want to get a third pair. should i get the third pair or just wear the shit out of the 2 pairs i own?

Always confuses me...

Does sizing up 1 mean you size up 1 tagged size or measured size?

For example,

size 30 f310 measure 31 pre-wash,

does a person with measured size 29 waist or size 30 waist consider these sizing up 1?

how many jeans would you rotate if you really wear denim every single day? i own 2 pairs which i wear daily (i switch every day), but i really want to get a third pair. should i get the third pair or just wear the shit out of the 2 pairs i own?

Stick with 2 to concentrate on. I added a third and progress has slowed considerably.

I have a pair of selfedge x imperials been wearing them for 1 year no wash or soak. this pic is not recent

2743439558_08b713dcb3_o.jpg

Couple of questions as I couldn't find any solid answers in my search.

Is it okay to wash before soak?

What is a good soap/detergent to use?

Hot/Luke Warm water to shrink(i need to shrink the waist by 3-4 inches and take out grease/dirty right?

What is a good procedure to wash the jeans/how long?

Stick with 2 to concentrate on. I added a third and progress has slowed considerably.

the problem is i really want a warehouse 660 and but they are not going to be produced any more, so i should get them quite soon from big. but i can not just leave them in my closet and not wear them... :o

I have a pair of selfedge x imperials been wearing them for 1 year no wash or soak. this pic is not recent

2743439558_08b713dcb3_o.jpg

Couple of questions as I couldn't find any solid answers in my search.

Is it okay to wash before soak?

What is a good soap/detergent to use?

Hot/Luke Warm water to shrink(i need to shrink the waist by 3-4 inches and take out grease/dirty right?

What is a good procedure to wash the jeans/how long?

1. its ok to wash before a soak

2. doesnt matter cuz their sanforized, but usually hot water does the shrinking

3. wash them in the washing machine on gentle or handwash with Dr. Bronner's ( at least thats what i do) for however long it takes

Always confuses me...

Does sizing up 1 mean you size up 1 tagged size or measured size?

For example,

size 30 f310 measure 31 pre-wash,

does a person with measured size 29 waist or size 30 waist consider these sizing up 1?

the jeans will shrink to tagged size. In this case it would be sizing up 1

i own 3 pairs: sams,FC, and WH. the sams are retired at the moment since the pocket bags are blown.

the FC are my current pair. they are my work-jean right now, which means i have them on for like 10-12hrs/day. my girl wont let me lay on the bed with them on( unless they were just washed), so when i get home i shower, and throw on my WH until time for bed. i also wear them when the FC are drying.

i won't stop rocking the FC until i wear them the FUCK OUT. i only hand wash(OFTEN!) but i sometimes machine dry if i get home from work and the jeans are filthy, but i still want to rock them somewhere clean jeans are a must. so i hand wash, and throw em in the dryer sometimes. once these are worn out, i'll switch and rock the WH until worn-out, and rock the FC and whatever new raws (prob. denime) on wash days. the more jeans in heavy-rotation, the progression will be nice. whenever i'm not wearing my ''current-jean'' i feel like im cheating.

I just started wearing boots and I'm finding that most of my jeans look weird because of the amount of stacking. They looked fine with sneakers, but sloppy with boots. I am thinking about hemming some of my jeans.

What's a good inseam length to wear with boots? I was thinking of ~2" longer than my measured inseam.

It seems like everyone soaks their jeans. is it necessary to soak them, especially if doing so will shrink them to a smaller size? does it make the wear of the jean last longer? I know if I soak and then wear it will form to the way I wear them. I didn't soak my evisus when I first got them and the crotch blew out on me, but that was only after 2 years. it took a long time to break in too. a couple of months to loos it's boxyness.

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic