SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

^^I believe so. I just checked two pairs of my non-repro denim (G-STAR & REPLAY) and the waist bands are indeed chain stitched.

For denim repairs, I would definitely recommend Denim Doctors in LA. From first hand experience as well as some of the repairs posted on this forum, they really know their shit.

I've got a pair of Edwin ED-35's which is the loose cut rainbow selvedge, i've been wearing them everday for a bit more than a week. I was wandering how long it will take for them to completely stretch out?

Also i'm a chunky thigh man and can never seem to find jeans that are big enough in the thighs for my waist. I like the fit of my edwin's but for my next pair i want a slightly more relaxed fit. can anyone think of any good denim to look at? preferably selvedge.

Starting work on some Lee's with Hair-On-The-Hide. When giving these babes a bath, is there anything I should do to take care of the tag? I don't really want the white hair to take on an indigo hue.

suggestions for not totally destroying the leather patch when i do a boil soak?

always happens :( need to soak the whole top block though.

all I can suggest is apply some sort of leather conditioner like obenauf's (liberally) before you soak it in the boiling water. and then make sure you're not pouring the water directly on the patch. I don't know how much thats gonna help though.

Any opinions on some good low rise jeans. I've got my eye on some PBJ 007's and the Samurai 0610LX (which I can't find anywhere). I've seen Somet has some, but I don't know much about their denim. Reason being, I'm pretty sawed off and I wear my jeans on my hips. I'd rather not wear a mid/high rise really high, or have them hang off my ass if I wear them on my hips. Thanks y'all.

boil soaked my pair of pbj007, and the seat is pretty boxy / sticks out when i stand @ the point where all the stitching meets. Should i just resoak the top block?

No, another soak won't help. Just wear them now.

Any opinions on some good low rise jeans. I've got my eye on some PBJ 007's and the Samurai 0610LX (which I can't find anywhere). I've seen Somet has some, but I don't know much about their denim. Reason being, I'm pretty sawed off and I wear my jeans on my hips. I'd rather not wear a mid/high rise really high, or have them hang off my ass if I wear them on my hips. Thanks y'all.

SDA 103's might be the jean for you.

Just a quick question here,

Where can I still buy Warehouse 660's in the US? Or are they long gone..=(

Edit: Nevermind, apparently BiG restocked

Now my question is, the general consensus is to size down 2 correct?

I recently bought a pair of S5000vx but the waist was a little small so I'm going to size up and get a 710xx, but I was wondering:

Are the 710xx more slubby than the 5000vx? I couldnt find much description besides the thread patterns for the 710xx but as a newbie i dont really understand what all that correlates to. Thank you.

sandpaper. jk.. just do things where youre gonna be moving a lot. people who skate/bike/etc generally get a lot faster fades.

can anyone give me recommendations for denim shops in japan? particularly in the harujuku/other areas that i would probably be around. im going later this summer

thanks a bunch + rep for answers ;)

sandpaper. jk.. just do things where youre gonna be moving a lot. people who skate/bike/etc generally get a lot faster fades.

can anyone give me recommendations for denim shops in japan? particularly in the harujuku/other areas that i would probably be around. im going later this summer

thanks a bunch + rep for answers ;)

i described my experience at hinoya in ueno and at the PBJ store near harajuku here:

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?p=1812677

can't say enough good things about hinoya, great service, willing to go the extra mile to make you happy. also the PBJ store was amazing. the somet store was too hard for us to find, i suggest emailing them for directions ahead of time. some other people posted suggestions on the same page on the thread i linked to.

good luck!

thanks! i've heard the pbj store in harajuku is good so im definitely gonna check that out. are there any other denim stores that i should go to around there? definitely have to check out hinoya too..

someone mentioned the edwin store that is right in the middle of harajuku on the road that leads to the train station (didn't notice it myself, but i wasn't looking for edwin selvedge much.)

i think there are some vintage jeans shops in harajuku that would be interesting to check out (see what real vintage levis are like rather than repros.)

be sure to check around hinoya, as others said there are quality shops in the vicinity.

if you don't speak japanese (hell, even if you do) and don't know tokyo like the back of your hand, you need this book:

http://www.amazon.com/Tokyo-City-Atlas-Bilingual-Guide/dp/4770025033/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1244490681&sr=8-1

get it before you go, it's really hard to find in japan for some reason.

a GPS would have been the real deal, but ours doesn't have japanese maps available for some reason (we have a tomtom.)

Is there anything you can use to RESTORE indigo to denim?

I was walking in the rain and I guess the bottom of my jeans were dragging slightly on the wet ground and now there's a thin white stripe around the bottom at the back from the indigo loss.

Doesn't have to be a perfect match, but just something so it no longer looks white.

Dye? Food coloring?

Ok just a noob/quick question, I've read it some where before in the samurai thread but i've lost the page. I've got a pair of Samurai's s5000vx and they're really tight , whats the best way to stretch them? Cold soak and wear them while damp? or wear while in the bath tub?

really appreciate the help guys.

Ok just a noob/quick question, I've read it some where before in the samurai thread but i've lost the page. I've got a pair of Samurai's s5000vx and they're really tight , whats the best way to stretch them? Cold soak and wear them while damp? or wear while in the bath tub?

really appreciate the help guys.

wear them. vx denim will stretch or soak the waist and wear them around for a bit

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic