SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

Hey Guys,

I'm looking at a pair of either the APC PS, or the Naked & Famous Skinny Guy in Natural Indigo Revival. I've tried on both in person and they fit pretty similarly, but the Skinny Guys look lighter and I'm wondering how they will fade. I've heard that Natural Indigo takes a little more to knock off, but rope dying alleviates some of this (Naked & Famous claim to do something called "long chain" dying, is this the same?) I'm also wondering if the N&F will stretch as much as APC. I'm looking for some fairly quick, defined fades, as this will be my first pair of decent raw denim. Another thing to keep in mind is that, since I live Canada, the APCs are $50 more. With that in mind, which should I choose?

Hi

I just bought Levis 501 rinced (Asian version.) And I don't want any fade on my jeans this time. Should I soak the fresh jeans in cold water for 20 minutes with a tablespoon of salt, or should I soak it in cold water for 1 day with a tablespoon of salt? I read the second option on the cheap magazine, but honestly I don't think it is a good idea.

And I assume that I should re-soak the salt soaked jeans in normal water to get rid of salt. Is it right?

I was wondering... The Cone Mills is in Greensboro, NC, right? Is that where Rustler (i.e. Wrangler's 'Walmart' brand) gets their denim? On the tag inside, it says:

"vf jeanswear lp 1421 south elm street Greensboro, NC 27408"

It seems like pretty good quality denim. Better than 501 stf at least, in my opinion.

I've got a pair of jeans that is never machine washed. I soaked them once and then the honeycomb creases disappeared (no surprise maybe). Should I shower with them and wash them while I'm wearing them to avoid this? Is this the reason for this procedure or are the others?

I've got a pair of jeans that is never machine washed. I soaked them once and then the honeycomb creases disappeared (no surprise maybe). Should I shower with them and wash them while I'm wearing them to avoid this? Is this the reason for this procedure or are the others?

yes, throw yourself in the washing machine with them on to preserve creases. front-loader for a fun time, top loader for a butt-massage(10)

Hi

I just bought Levis 501 rinced (Asian version.) And I don't want any fade on my jeans this time. Should I soak the fresh jeans in cold water for 20 minutes with a tablespoon of salt, or should I soak it in cold water for 1 day with a tablespoon of salt? I read the second option on the cheap magazine, but honestly I don't think it is a good idea.

And I assume that I should re-soak the salt soaked jeans in normal water to get rid of salt. Is it right?

if you don't want fades, buy a jean dyed to the core

and if you do the salt thing, def rinse afterrwards(0)

hey thanks, if i end up soaking would that help with the fit overall? i know i am a noob at this lol, but would it be more beneficial to the fades if i soak? because i really want some cool combs

going to be some shrinkage if its raw, even if its sanforized

don't fear the water!

i have a pair of 511s, they hardly lose indigo when i wash

tho none of mine really lose much indigo when i wash...

Okay

1) These are not year-old creases on a pair of Iron Heart 19oz, only very light week-old creases on soft black denim

2) Different people are different heights and no creases is better when selling

If there's no risk then I will, but all this negative backlash is giving me second thoughts really =/

xpost

Sup fellas, just got my hands on some Sammie s5000vx, but I'm not too sure about the size on this... its a LOT 10, 29x36

3506081190_48052f7965.jpg

3506080536_a0585b429b.jpg

3506080790_8d82ff9039.jpg

3505271667_2243eefc0f.jpg

3507637724_d8db3e802a.jpg

Thats my PRESOAK fit pic. I'm 5'4, 130 lbs for reference. What should I do? Keep or sell? These measure almost identical to my STF 501s, but the thighs are bigger and the rise is about an inch shorter.. I believe it is the 17oz denim. Do you guys think these will shrink enough to make it work on my scrawny self?

This is how my Levi's 501 STFs fit PRESOAK

3111415189_e6d7f77c6a.jpg

and how they turned out post soak and few months of wear

3442265761_3c4c62b1c3.jpg

I dunno about those sammies brah ^^ i would return them/sell them. I think it would look a little too baggy on you..

Okay fades but the fit looks bad!

Worse than average, worse than the commoner who knows nothing about jeans.

I'd still like to know about the ironing, a specific response to my two points because I am personally confused about the answers =/

...ok, some fit advice, if possible:

My Skulls 5010 are a 33 and fit spot on... Was thinking of copping a pair of BSP's but was a bit unsure of sizing... Should I get a 34 or a 36?

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Hey, will 2nd rakuten chainstitch before sending?

Also, will some S0500's have that lot 10 issue, or are they on normal lot 11 at this point?

Any issues in general communicating with these guys?

Help is much appreciated!

Dunno about chain stitching, only issue with contacting 2nd is (im not sure where you live), but I know i had to be up at 3am if I wanted to respond to them and have them promptly get back to me.

Also I dunno if the 0500 even had the lot10 problem, someone else should confirm/deny this.

Guest Ark Sakura
...ok, some fit advice, if possible:

My Skulls 5010 are a 33 and fit spot on... Was thinking of copping a pair of BSP's but was a bit unsure of sizing... Should I get a 34 or a 36?

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

I answered this in the FH thread, but I would go true to size if you want a snug fit. I'm somewhere between a 32 and 33, but I size down to 32 in skull 5010. I got 34 in 05 BSP and wasn't happy with the baggy fit after one hot soak. I ended up doing 3 super-hot soaks (one with boiling water) and then 45 minutes in the dryer on high. Fit is good now, but the label patch is ruined. YMMV

Good luck.

Guest Ark Sakura

How do you get rid of that febreeze smell?! A cold wash with woolite dark didn't do it. They still smell of febreeze. : (

How do you get rid of that febreeze smell?! A cold wash with woolite dark didn't do it. They still smell of febreeze. : (

1. don't use febreeze.

2. how did you wash them? hand wash? if you don't care try another wash.

3. you might just have to deal with it till the smell just wears itself out.

Guest Ark Sakura

I washed on gentle cycle in a washing machine. I've been air drying them outside. Hopefully that will help.

But, yeah, I think I'm done febreezin. Anyone want to buy a gently used bottle of febreeze? : )

Guest amon goth

if i'm mowing the lawn but the grass is too long and it jams up my blades (at the highest setting) what should i do because using scissors is taking too long

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic