SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

Hey

here's something different :) I am about to write my degree thesis and I really have a problem coming up with a topic. What I want to do is to write something about denim from the perspective of e-business which is my major. But I don't want it to be some boring shit about ebay or something. Can anyone of you guys come up with something real good? your help will be greatly appreciated!

You could always write about how message boards like such have affected the industry of denim etail. Just think, how many pairs of denim have these message boards help sell from word of mouth and how they could assist in marketing research since the market is now global.

Anyone know how much it would cost to get a pair of jeans tapered?

It would all depend on who was tapering them. I would just call some locale tailors and ask about denim even better if you got a high end denim retailer ask them. They probably know of the best denim tailors in town or could atleast point you in the right direction.

cross-posted from the samurai thread:

Anyone have any idea how the 15 oz texas cotton denim on s500xx stretches/shrinks compared to the 15 oz denim on the USAs and s0505?

I have the USA's, and they didn't seem to stretch very much (compared with my 5000's). I don't have the 500's though, so I can't compare the two either.

Someone on here must have both...ask Demonito.

the texas cotton denim doesn't really stretch a lot, my 0500's have become a little tight in the waist and i wish they'd stretch out more but they haven't. i'm trying to sell a pair of 0510 because i can just tell the waist won't strech out. it's sorta weird because i can deal with size 29 0500 but the size 30 0510 is just unbearable. as far as shrinkage they do shrink a bit.

i don't know about the 15 oz denim on the USAs, i don't own a pair

I have the USA's, and they didn't seem to stretch very much (compared with my 5000's). I don't have the 500's though, so I can't compare the two either.

Someone on here must have both...ask Demonito.

I own USAs in a 33 and have lost some weight, so they are a little looser than I would like them to be at this point. About one inch less in the waist would be perfect.

Raw, the 0500 is an inch larger than USAs at each size, so I was thinking about going with a 31. I guess it's between a 31 and 32 if there's the issue of them not stretching much. Hard to say.

You guys mind measuring the actual waist on the jeans vs. the tagged size for me when you get the chance? Would be much appreciated.

does anyone know where i can buy apc's in san francisco???

i copied this off of teh apc site, dont worry i assume you checked there first, so blame them if its wrong

AMERICAN RAG SF (WOMEN)

1305 Vann Ness Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94109

AZALEA (MEN, WOMEN)

411 Hayes Street, San Francisco, CA 94102

BARNEYS SAN FRANCISCO (MEN, WOMEN)

77 O'Farrell Street, san Francisco, CA 94108

ROLO (MEN, WOMEN)

1235 Howard Street, San Francisco, CA 94103

i copied this off of teh apc site, dont worry i assume you checked there first, so blame them if its wrong

AMERICAN RAG SF (WOMEN)

1305 Vann Ness Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94109

AZALEA (MEN, WOMEN)

411 Hayes Street, San Francisco, CA 94102

BARNEYS SAN FRANCISCO (MEN, WOMEN)

77 O'Farrell Street, san Francisco, CA 94108

ROLO (MEN, WOMEN)

1235 Howard Street, San Francisco, CA 94103

Just to update these for you, Barneys has almost nothing in any APC cut right now, I went in September and left my phone #, they still havent called me back to tell me they have new sizes in. Dont even bother checking there.

Azalea's stock you can check online. Try to add a pair to the cart, I couldn't find one that wasnt out of stock. They have been this way for over a month too.

Your best bet is to buy online, its what I did. I didnt check out Rolo though, might want to give them a call.

Hey i've seen this nudie picture for years, i'm not sure if somebody's asked this before, but it'd be pretty hard searching for it.

Does anybody know what shoes the person on the right are wearing? the white pair with the blue and red stripes, it's got small holes through the stripes too.

http://www.sweden.se/upload/Sweden_se/english/articles/SI/2006%20uppdaterad/Denim%20land%20Sweden/nudie_jeans_sweden2.jpg

Just to update these for you, Barneys has almost nothing in any APC cut right now, I went in September and left my phone #, they still havent called me back to tell me they have new sizes in. Dont even bother checking there.

Azalea's stock you can check online. Try to add a pair to the cart, I couldn't find one that wasnt out of stock. They have been this way for over a month too.

Your best bet is to buy online, its what I did. I didnt check out Rolo though, might want to give them a call.

THANKS !!!!!!!

Looking to pick up these Nudie Regular Alfs from Denim Bar: http://www.denimbaronline.com/store/item.asp?ITEM_ID=470&DEPARTMENT_ID=38

This will be my first foray into the world of Nudies. How do they size typically? Are they usually true to size? Because they are predistressed and washed, will they not shrink at all compared to raw?

Any help is appreciated.

does no one know some? i've been looking for jeans with that fir for months but i can't find any :(

Judging from images I guess you're looking for straight leg jeans with a fairly low rise?

If yes, you could try:

- Somet 003/005

- Flathead F 380

- Fullcount 1614

- APC New Standard

Or be a bit more specific about the cut you're looking for.

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic