SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

I'm wearing the black PBJs now and I really like them. They do have a bit of a bootcut at the bottom, which I know some people have had altered, but I'm ok with it myself. I don't really know about the skulls. I've never been interested in them even though they seem to get incredible fades. Maybe they're too rock-and-roll for my taste.

If your looking for contrasty fades, perhaps wearing them out more would do it, and if thats the case then go for a soak, 5 months is a good amount of time though, post some pics in the evolution thread :)

as for washing, dont stress it so much theyre just jeans, wash them however you like, the hotter the more shrinkage and indigo loss, but i would just set to cotton sturdy with warm water, although if you want you can put it on gentle, and idk how dr bonners is in a washing machine, try it but i cant say if it will overflow with bubbles lol

haha thanks again :)

Hmm this is still a pretty hard decision....damn lol. Anyone else have any suggestions on whether I should hot wash or hot soak APC's at 5 months?

edit: APCs also dont retain a lot of indigo do they? So if I want the end result to be a pretty contrasty fade, then it seems logical to soak them the first time around and them wash after a couple more months? Or if I wash both times would it look real light. I'm defintiely thinking too much about this lol...but any advice is appreciated

i tried navigating a japanese site to get pricing for some samurai s5000bk's but couldn't.

how much would a pair of s5000bk's cost shipped from japan in us dollars?

Um...it's pretty easy...

http://e2nd.net/br-sj/sj-411-01-f/sj-s5000bk.htm

Figure in about 20-30 or so for shipping, probably around 20-30 proxy fees, I'd say you're looking at 290 or so?

ok so ive been wearing my apc new standards for about 5 months now almost everyday but there is still only a little bit of fading. however theyve developed a bad smell and febrezee isnt doing much anymore. im gonna hold off on these till the end of summer but ive decided i need to wash or soak them by then. my question is wat are the different effects between the two and which would be a better option if i wanted to get more contrast. thanks

It depends on how you plan on washing them, generally if you wash them in the machine the agitation will pull out more indigo than if you just soak them in a tub, or if you hand wash them with bronners or something similar you will also lose more indigo than just a normal soak. I don't think soaking them does that much about the smell either so I'd just wash them by hand

speaking of Dr Bronners.. is there a particular scent of that stuff that doesnt leave a sickening residue on the denim? i want them to smell good and all.. but not if it turns gross.

Can someone recommend some nice relatively moderately priced (overdyed) black denims? Thinking along the lines of KMW black 1980 (fit and colour) but they're a bit of out my price range at the minute ...

I can't find another place to put this, and I really couldn't find a topic about it in superjetset... so I decided to post it here.

Where would I be able to try on a pair of APC Jeans in South Florida? I'm willing to travel an hour and a half. I live near Miami. I have went to Neiman Marcus, Bloomingdales, Nordstrom... all of which had several great denim brands but not APC jeans. They had 7s, Paperdenim, Luckies, Rock & Republic, etc.

Any help is appreciated.

speaking of Dr Bronners.. is there a particular scent of that stuff that doesnt leave a sickening residue on the denim? i want them to smell good and all.. but not if it turns gross.

I might wash mine, or at least soak, next week with some Dr. Bronners...I'll let you know if it leaves a residue. I'm gonna be using the tea leaves.

So if I wear a size 28 lot 10 for s710xx, what size would I get in the black 5010xx one washed?

I'd get a 28 in the Skulls too, just make sure you don't get one-washed ones, they destroy the denim during the washing/drying cycle.

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic