SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

"I'm 6'4'' 190 pounds, 31ish waist. ... For my next pair I want something more of a relaxed fit, higher rise, bordering on baggy fit. ..... I need something with a 36ish inseam and a bit roomier, ..... Anything along the baggier fit without being too baggy, highish rise suggestions for me with a long ass inseam?"

imperial kings have a great fit, relatively straight leg w/room, but not too baggy. 37" inseam, good overall construction, although it is definately not 5000vx denim.

Ironheart 634s are also great straight leg jeans w/ room in the legs, i love the pair im wearing, but rise might be lower than you are looking for, and inseam is just over 34".

sams definately have some great roomier cuts though, and so very nice denim

anyone ever try a beer soak?

Yes.. unfortunately i've soaked many of my jeans in beer.

My new Nudie dry black selvedge have a heavy sulphur smell, even after two long soaks. It's so bad I can't even wear them right now. Any suggestions on how to get rid of or at least minimize the smell?

Soak them with four tablespoons of Woolite Dark for 30 minutes in warm water then let them air dry. It shouldn't affect the appearence of the denim but should get the smell out completely.

Does samurai and flathead jeans stretch alot? Are they really slim compared to nudie thin finn?

Due to the insane amount of models both flathead and samurai sells, there will be a fit that are slimmer or looser than your thin fins.

Regarding the stretch, jeans usually stretch as much as you stretch them..

This might be offtopic but:

What should I wear with grey suede boots?

Natural brown belt, black belt, or otherwise?

Also how do the skull 5010xx 6x6 fit compare with NSs?

feel like balls could use a break with the next pair.

looking for a raw or one-wash pair of relaxed jeans. preferably black, but indigo suggestions are totally welcome.

there are some samurai models i'm considering, but i want to see if there are other brands i've overlooked.

measurements (post soak) i'd be playing with would be like :

hem : 7.75" to 8.25"

thigh : 12+ " preferably around 13"

waist : 15-16" aligned

rise : 10.5+ "

also a plus would be a coin pocket big enough for a cell phone

thanks in advance

Anyone have any experience burying fabric and digging them up after a long period of time? What is the effect?

there was this one guy on here that did it. pictures are down though. the result was really random and blotchy fades everywhere, from what i can remember. not a good look. maybe if you bury yourself wearing the jeans...

Quick Question (Quick Backstory first though :)(Question is below bold type in Italics for those who can't be bothered reading the backstory))

On June 3rd I received Imperial Shearer's (Sized down 2 on them for a Super Slim fit). However, through fear of being unable to even get them on I didn't do an Initial Soak.

Now at a month and half (Now they've stretched somewhat) I'm wondering whether it would be best to do a soak, before any real fading begins. However, I'm really happy with how they are at the moment and if there's really no need to soak, would like not to.

So I guess after all this my question is.

If I continued to wear them for 'x' months and then finally soaked/washed, Would I see my Whisker's/HoneyCombs etc move a lot?

If I can't expect much shifting then I'll pass on a soak.

Apologies for the long winded question,

~ John

Quick Question (Quick Backstory first though :)(Question is below bold type in Italics for those who can't be bothered reading the backstory))

On June 3rd I received Imperial Shearer's (Sized down 2 on them for a Super Slim fit). However, through fear of being unable to even get them on I didn't do an Initial Soak.

Now at a month and half (Now they've stretched somewhat) I'm wondering whether it would be best to do a soak, before any real fading begins. However, I'm really happy with how they are at the moment and if there's really no need to soak, would like not to.

So I guess after all this my question is.

If I continued to wear them for 'x' months and then finally soaked/washed, Would I see my Whisker's/HoneyCombs etc move a lot?

If I can't expect much shifting then I'll pass on a soak.

Apologies for the long winded question,

~ John

The denim is sanforized, therefore you don't need to soak them.

I'm plannign to either soak or wash my NS in the next few days. I've been wearing them for 5 months pretty much everyday minus a week. They have stretched out way more than I like. Which would be recommended? I'm feeling like just soaking them for them to return to their original fit and keep wearing them for a few more months, but I would like some more contrasty fades as a final end result. Would washing be better? If so how do i go about doing it? I've looked on multiple threads and i've seen so many different ways that i'm confused lol. I think I just toss them in the washer, gentle cycle, and toss in a Dr. Bronners soap? Doesnt sound right though...Thanks in advance!:)

I'm plannign to either soak or wash my NS in the next few days. I've been wearing them for 5 months pretty much everyday minus a week. They have stretched out way more than I like. Which would be recommended? I'm feeling like just soaking them for them to return to their original fit and keep wearing them for a few more months, but I would like some more contrasty fades as a final end result. Would washing be better? If so how do i go about doing it? I've looked on multiple threads and i've seen so many different ways that i'm confused lol. I think I just toss them in the washer, gentle cycle, and toss in a Dr. Bronners soap? Doesnt sound right though...Thanks in advance!:)

If your looking for contrasty fades, perhaps wearing them out more would do it, and if thats the case then go for a soak, 5 months is a good amount of time though, post some pics in the evolution thread :)

as for washing, dont stress it so much theyre just jeans, wash them however you like, the hotter the more shrinkage and indigo loss, but i would just set to cotton sturdy with warm water, although if you want you can put it on gentle, and idk how dr bonners is in a washing machine, try it but i cant say if it will overflow with bubbles lol

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic