SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

i think the more and more i look at samurai jeans, the more i want them

so...

after some time, I think I want to get samurai jeans from Japan because I rather have the red-tab, it really adds more to the authentic taste of samurai jeans.

my question is:

I want to order from here-

http://www.rakuten.co.jp/d-stock/

but it wasn't listed as one of the sellers that ships internationally. So I guess I have to resort to a proxy service? If so, what is the cheapest and best proxy service that people have used

I have narrowed it down to:

samurais

or

Flat head 380s

All the proxies have good reputations, but you should look through their threads to see which one suits you best:

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=24807

Which Samurai model were you looking at? You can skip all the hassle of the proxy if you go for the FH's.

Hey!

I just discovered the world of selvedge Denim and bought a nice LVC '37. It's great, aside from the shock that all my other pants aren't true to size and that I need a size 38 (after soaking though). I feel fat now. It's a bit to long, but I think I'll let a tailor alter the lenght after the next wash. Shouldn't be a problem with the straight cut.

My boots and my Clarks look nice with the '37, but now I'm searching for a nice sneaker that goes with the loose fit. Any recommendation?

Hey!

I just discovered the world of selvedge Denim and bought a nice LVC '37. It's great, aside from the shock that all my other pants aren't true to size and that I need a size 38 (after soaking though). I feel fat now. It's a bit to long, but I think I'll let a tailor alter the lenght after the next wash. Shouldn't be a problem with the straight cut.

My boots and my Clarks look nice with the '37, but now I'm searching for a nice sneaker that goes with the loose fit. Any recommendation?

Welcome, and +rep for not starting a new thread! (edit - when I can)

You've got a vintage-style jean, so why not try a vintage-style sneaker? Maybe chuck taylors or a german army sneaker? You might also want to try asking this in the Supershopper Small Question Thread.

hi guys, just got a new pair of Edwin selvage denim, worn them about 3 times, but got some mud on them, dont really want to do a machine was on them yet, so was thinking that i should soak them in the bath, and scrub the mud off when they are soaked, as i really dont want to loose much colour, how long should i soak them for? and any other suggestions to get the mud off?

yea it was pretty firm in there, dont think it would have budged, but have put them in the bath now in how water, just got the mud out with my hands a bit, so its dont now lol, how long should i leave them in for?

yea it was pretty firm in there, dont think it would have budged, but have put them in the bath now in how water, just got the mud out with my hands a bit, so its dont now lol, how long should i leave them in for?

There's no hard and fast rule. If you don't want them to shrink much I wouldn't leave them in for long.

Welcome, and +rep for not starting a new thread! (edit - when I can)

You've got a vintage-style jean, so why not try a vintage-style sneaker? Maybe chuck taylors or a german army sneaker?

Thanks for the reply!

How could I forget Chucks, I wore them to everything years ago. Maybe I can find my old pair(s). The army sneakers would be pretty nice too, and easy to get because I live in Germany.

But all the slimmer sneakers I own look a bit strange with the almost baggy cut of my 1937. Are there any nice sneakers out there that have "fat" look?

You might also want to try asking this in the Supershopper Small Question Thread.

Yeah, I'll try that.

ThirtyPho

those are made from the D85 denim. the red box for the evisu sale uses the same denim and is a lot cheaper, unless ur thinking about buying for the fit, i'd look at some those sale items before i pay retail for that.

sizing would be the same right i wear a 32 waist on the sakie ones

Thanks for the reply!

How could I forget Chucks, I wore them to everything years ago. Maybe I can find my old pair(s). The army sneakers would be pretty nice too, and easy to get because I live in Germany.

But all the slimmer sneakers I own look a bit strange with the almost baggy cut of my 1937. Are there any nice sneakers out there that have "fat" look?

Yeah, I'll try that.

If you have the cash, Visvim sneaks are pretty chunky.

unfortunately thirtypho i just get the smallest size in any pair of jeans, so i cant help in the sizing department much. email them?

I'm off to Japan soon so I need suggestions of vintage styles and producers. I like, and suit, loose fitting styles.

Your recommendations, please.

warehouse, fullcount, sugarcane, mccoys, evisu are some that have vintage styles and vintage cuts.

I just bought a pair of Levi XX501 Shrink To Fit jeans from a Levi Flagship Store. They are not selvage, but I have noticed some feature's on them that I am unsure of and am looking for some answers. The inside of the Left pocket has a Certificate of Authenticity stamped on it and also the Red Tab doesn't say Levi's, it's blank.

Thanks For Any Help!

wondering, are those the ones from the Capital E line? because i have an old pair of capital e and tab is blank and it has stamp about authencity/workwear/something something as well.

Nah they are not Capital E. I only paid like $45-65. Capital E is way more right? The guy who was helping me said they were the next best thing to the LVC since they weren't selvage.

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic