SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

I'm a size 28 in APC NS. The fit on them is amazing but I'm ready to take the next step to a really small leg opening. I like the fit of the NS's from the knee up to the waist. I want a really small leg opening (6 or 6.5 inches). What brand would you recommend? So far, I've considered Skull and Dior. I thought about APC NC but I really want the selvage line and I want a longer inseam than a 34. Thanks.

Skull 5010s...

Thanks Biff. Do Nudie's run true to size or should I go a size bigger? I wear a 36X34 usually and on some selvage I go up to a 38X34.

Depends on the cut. But generally speaking you should size down. With Slim Jims, for example, my true size is a 34 and I have 32's that fit pretty good.

Can I get a clarification about chainstitching.

Do most people here love it because its how they used to do it and so its authentic and because of the aesthetics. I've read some of the threads on this and I thought I read that its inferior in strength and durability to lockstitiching. Is this true?

Can I get a clarification about chainstitching.

Do most people here love it because its how they used to do it and so its authentic and because of the aesthetics. I've read some of the threads on this and I thought I read that its inferior in strength and durability to lockstitiching. Is this true?

All true.

10charas

Since chainstitching is so hard to find what are some alternatives I can use to hem my jeans. is there anything I should tell the person altering my jeans, or is ok to just go to a dry cleaner and trust that they know what they're doing.

Call whichever store in your area that sells jeans and ask who they send their stuff to when it needs altering.

hey i have a question about the 21 cm. I have never tried on the 21cm and I am wondering about the fit compared to a couple other jeans. How big is the difference and hopefully no one tells me 2cm. Are raw diors in a 21cm a slim fitting jean still? And are they tappered? I wear a size 33 in imperial dukes and the fit is nice but i don't like how big the jeans are from the knee down. I can post a pic if neccesary but when i wear my dukes and tyr to get soem stacking on them they bunch up on one side and look kind of goofy. I know most people don't like the 21cm model but I am wondering what kind of fit it is compared to my imperial dukes

Anyone know of any true straight-leg dry denim with around these measurements?

Thigh - 10.75"

Hem - 8"

Rise - 10.75"

Inseam - >35"

After trying different pants on, thats my best guess at my optimal cut. Closest thing I found was Imperial Dukes.

Easy, Eternal 811. Size 30 or 31.

Anyone know of any true straight-leg dry denim with around these measurements?

Thigh - 10.75"

Hem - 8"

Rise - 10.75"

Inseam - >35"

After trying different pants on, thats my best guess at my optimal cut. Closest thing I found was Imperial Dukes.

Easy, Eternal 811. Size 30 or 31.

Forgot to mention I'm a 28" waist. The inseams on the Eternal 811 are too short.

Since chainstitching is so hard to find what are some alternatives I can use to hem my jeans. is there anything I should tell the person altering my jeans, or is ok to just go to a dry cleaner and trust that they know what they're doing.

havent you heard of a tailor

What's the difference between Nudie Thin Finn Ultra Indigo and the Black Coated?

black coated is coated black post weave. makes one side completely black and the other grey

thin_finn_black_02_t.jpg

havent you heard of a tailor

Two people answered this question and still you feel the need to be cunty? Its not like he started a new thread...this is what the SQT is for dipshit.

neg rep

LVC 1967 606 "Super Slims"

anyone know where i can snatch up a pair of these?

can i order these direct from Levis?

I don't know what size you are...but this guy is selling some:

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=46623

Could anyone please give me the exact dimensions of a levi's tab?

I am debating adding one to my post-lawsuit flat heads (my pair's was cut off before purchase).

How much does it stick out, how long is it, and does it go much into the back pocket past the stiching?

Thank you, I want to do this right.

Does anyone know of any other chore coats like this?

http://item.rakuten.co.jp/hinoya/sc10705a/

It's not in stock at hinoya and I googled that model and every place that carried appeared to be out of stock. So now I'm looking for another similar coat (I don't like some of the ones with square pockets).

I recently sat in a lot of glittery lip-gloss that's probably oil-based. It left large, dark spots on the hind area of my jeans.

Any denim specific tips to removal of these stains?

-JF

That's gotta be the strangest stain yet.....

If it is oil or wax based, which I would assume lipgloss to be then you will probably have to use a detergent to remove it or some sort of solvent based spot stain remover specifically for grease stains.

You could also try ironing the area with some absorbent paper over both surfaces of the denim... to try to shift the grease into the paper.

Two people answered this question and still you feel the need to be cunty? Its not like he started a new thread...this is what the SQT is for dipshit.

neg rep

I don't know what size you are...but this guy is selling some:

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=46623

gimmegimme rules this thread. Don't fuck with him.

That's gotta be the strangest stain yet.....

If it is oil or wax based, which I would assume lipgloss to be then you will probably have to use a detergent to remove it or some sort of solvent based spot stain remover specifically for grease stains.

You could also try ironing the area with some absorbent paper over both surfaces of the denim... to try to shift the grease into the paper.

The ironing tip is probably best, but I would just take them to a good drycleaner and ask them to do it...it'll be worth the $5.

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic