Real McCoy's / Joe McCoy's Jeans

jubei

mccoy is awesome because they make literally everything in house. it's amazing.

• 2 weeks later...

From what I've seen, lot 906 does not share denim with lot 001. lot 002, however might be the same as lot 001. the 906 denim is way lighter in terms of weight and more even toned, while lot 001 is more textured and has a heavier weight.

joemccoy1.jpg

joemccoy2.jpg

These shrink a lot. the pocket looks so much smaller on the worn pair. I've washed and dried them twice.

joemccoy3.jpg

joemccoy4.jpg

joemccoy5.jpg

the fit may put some people off. it has a gigantic waist and really tight thighs. I like it, but it looks weird on some folks.

• 4 weeks later...

Has anyone noticed that there is a brand new Real McCoy's retail store in Tokyo??? I just saw it last week and it look pretty new... and pretty ridiculously cool. They seemed to have spent a few bucks decorating it. I only took a photo of the outside because I didnt want to disrespect them and ask to take any photos inside. But, if you are in Tokyo, you gotta see it for yourself...

It's located right on Meiji dori which is a pretty main street. Very close to the corner of Omotesando. Basically if you exit Harajuku JR station, walk down Takeshita dori until you hit Meiji dori, then turn right and continue past Omotesando and continue for a little bit you'll spot it on the right hand side.

Does anyone know when this store actually opened? It wasnt there 6 months ago when I was in Tokyo last that's for sure!

IMG-20120514-00179.jpg?psid=1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

toys mccoy - lot.135d - w33

pre-soak measurements:

waist 35.25-35.5"

front rise 10.5-10.75"

back rise 15.75"

thigh 13.25-13.5"

knee 9.5"

leg opening 8.75"

inseam 35"

Details:

13.5oz denim, pure indigo (not natural indigo), thin/slim straight cut, deer skin patch, coin/watch pocket embroidery, rivets with U.S.A.A.F. embossing, one wash, button hole thread color

Supposedly, this is a more "modern" cut - around WWII, but I would need to find a reliable source other than Rakuten for such a statement first...

Take 5 details: 200 pairs, back pocket patch, back pocket print, non-wash, with bag

• 5 weeks later...

hey, im new to mccoys, can anyone help me confirm which measurements for the lot 991 is correct?

http://www.superdenim.co.uk/prodpage.asp?productid=1624

http://blueingreensoho.com/site/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=9461&category_id=&manufacturer_id=54&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=62

blue in green has it listed as a real carrot/oversize fit, not really sure if this is the case...

Thanks!

Go with their measured size, not the tagged one. My Warehouse 660s are tagged 27 and they are actually 30.75 ish.

i dont like the leather patch on the left pocket of the stamping on the right pocket.

Edit***Let me clarify: Its distracting to me, therefore would influence me when it came time to purchase. I dont like logo's or any other markings outside of a basic pocket arc.

Edited by garden gnomes in space

I understand where come from and do partially agree.

In the end I don't care too much about the detailing of the back pockets. In fact I welcome a little detailing or craziness from time to time - having all my jeans go plain seems a little boring to me at times...

Good thing is that the back pocket detail is printed and will fade (which makes it great). The leather patch can be taken off anytime.

I wanted to add this pair to my collection - I was curious how the cut and denim would turn out when ordered it. For anybody preferring it simpler there's the regular version available.

Maybe I'll manage to break them in today - stay tuned for more pics...

Please keep in mind that this is the Take5 special edition - our friends in HK are open to more gimmicks than most of us are (at least so it seems).

If you want to be on the save side and like it simpler go with the regular version or pick your favourite Joe McCoy style.

The back pockets are close to the current Joe McCoy pockets...will do compare and post picture with my next update.