Self Edge, SF/NY/LA/PDX - updates & info

kiya

I know the odds on this are damn near zero, but I'll ask anyway:

Are there any size 33 SExIH07 indigos left in any of the locations?

Nope, sorry, all gone.

Got to visit Self Edge in NY for the first time. Top notch shop. Really enjoy meeting Andrew and Thomas and the rest for the crew... and drinking a bunch of their beer. The products were really great to see in person and I saw some jeans I may one day want to order. Walked away with a Buzz sweater, IH Dark Rider flannel, self edge key fob, flat head key ring, and a couple issue of mens file... probably going to order the 3sixteen eggplant flannel shirt as well soon.

Really top notch guys, hope to see you all again soon, maybe to San Fran for my next trip and visit to the original store.

stupid question: not a big deal but just got my jeans in the mail (IH) and wondering if SE usually matches thread colors because the rest of the stitching is yellow but the hem is orange? hah

I believe SE either uses Black or Tan/ Yellow (correct me if I am wrong on this.) Either or depending on what jeans you got. If you buy superblack IHs and have them hemmed they will use black. It would be way too much for them to carry thread to match every different color chainstitch...

I believe SE either uses Black or Tan/ Yellow (correct me if I am wrong on this.) Either or depending on what jeans you got. If you buy superblack IHs and have them hemmed they will use black. It would be way too much for them to carry thread to match every different color chainstitch...

Yup, thank you.

MADRIVERSELFEDGE.jpg

As part of SF Beer Week:

http://sfbeerweek.org/

Mad River Brewing Beer Tasting

Self Edge

714 Valencia St.

San Francisco, CA 94110

February 19

7:00 pm - 10:00 pm

Admission: No Charge

Attire: Jeans!

Winner of the Great American Beer Festival's 2010 "Small Brewing Company of the Year" award, Mad River Brewing from Blue Lake, CA is bringing their beers to Self Edge, a Japanese clothing store, for a free tasting event. Representatives from Mad River will be present to answer any of your beer-related questions.

Another issue is the time it would take to constantly switch the different threads on the Union Special for each new hemming job.

Hey I'm planning on hitting up SESF this weekend, any of you guys know a good coffee shop nearby it? I was thinking about going to site glass, but i forgot if its close to it or not.

Go to Four Barrel, Blue Bottle, or Philz. Four Barrel is closest on Valencia and 15th or 14th... Been too long! Saywhat upto my boys Ginno and Derek!

EDIT: Ritual also has a warm spot in my heart but not as good...

The denim is a bit beefier / also due to od'ing...

yes totally agree, denser feeling

The OD process actually softens up the denim. As far as its ability to breath the same as no OD, I would assume the dye causes it to be a little less breathable than straight up 21oz...

yes again totally agree, softer feeling

I own both the

IH 301s OD

IH 301s regular

same waist size and hem cut,

and they fit and feel slightly different due to the OD process.

Got my SExDBxSx12 today. First time purchasing from SE despite my time on these forums. All of my customer notes that I made were executed and I have no complaints!

Even though I really don't need any more jeans, the decision was easy pulling the trigger on these. Thanks Kiya, I look forward to more purchases in the future.

Quick question Kiya.

I noticed these weird creases on one of the leg, was wondering if you can shed some light on this. It's definitely not from folding/storage, it looks like the fabric may have had the creases from the roll of fabric it was cut from.

Only appears on the back of one leg, not the front. It'll probably go away after I soak and put a few wears on it. But I was curious as I haven't encountered similar creases thus far. When jeans that are distressed have fake whiskers and honeycombs, it looks like that texture.

Thanks

dsc04878s.jpg