Self Edge, SF/NY/LA/PDX - updates & info

kiya

There are some photos floating around already... There's a good one of Digital_Denim trying them on somewhere.

We'll have full photos up in about a week of the final models and all..

Ah, thanks. Will search again then, and then wait for more. Looking forward to it!

with the summer coming on faster than a case of the clap, these are not for me at the moment but i can't wait to see some lovely pics. ohhh Australian summer in 21 oz denim....arrrgh...

we'd be in struggle town over here dude.....i've worn my IH634S on a few warm-ish days recently, and it definitely wasnt the most comfortable choice.

Self Edge x Iron Heart Cyclist Jeans = SEXIH03 and SEXIH03BK

November 24th for instore sales

December 1st for online/phone sales

125 pairs of selvedge indigo

25 pairs of black non-selvedge

Both are 21 ounce Iron Heart Japanese Denim

Every pair comes with a key fob and the desire to be worn between the user and a bicycle seat.

$360

SExIH-label-770077.jpg

spoiling the beanzz on the sexih03's

low rise in the front

high rise in the back

pockets in the rear are set out .75" more than usual

sized so they fit a mini u-lock perfectly and tight in the back pockets

reinforced crotch with a rivet

cross stitch at the crotch has been moved up to the front by .75" so you're not ever sitting on it

roomy in the thigh then skin tight down below the knee

extra belt loops in the back to prevent the pulling up of the sides of the jeans when riding

silver key fob hanging from the right belt loop

that's it.

spoiling the beanzz on the sexih03's

low rise in the front

high rise in the back

pockets in the rear are set out .75" more than usual

sized so they fit a mini u-lock perfectly and tight in the back pockets

reinforced crotch with a rivet

cross stitch at the crotch has been moved up to the front by .75" so you're not ever sitting on it

roomy in the thigh then skin tight down below the knee

extra belt loops in the back to prevent the pulling up of the sides of the jeans when riding

silver key fob hanging from the right belt loop

that's it.

they sound like denim hammer pants. will have to wait for pictures

It's not relaxed in the thighs as much as it's relaxed compared to how slim it is below the knee.

Do we know yet how the bike jeans compare to the 634s's in the upper legs (specifically in a 34" waist)?

On a size 29 634s the thigh measures to be 10.9".

On a size 29 SEXIH03 the thigh measures to be 11.4".

So it runs .5" bigger in that waist size, we don't have any other size here to measure for you yet..

Also, the leg opening on the size 29 is 6.7"..

I'm curious, is the price difference between these and the Sugercane collab mostly due to IH's quality?

It's that and the fact that they choose to charge us a massive amount more on a wholesale level. Our markup is still terrible considering the retail cost.

They sound cool and all, but $360? I'd rather spend that money on bike parts.

It seems these jeans are not for you.

There is a group of people that understand why they're pricey and understand the work and time involved with designing and producing something this unique, they're also into cycling, denim, Japanese workwear, and high end garmets. These jeans are for them.

There is a group of people that understand why they're pricey and understand the work and time involved with designing and producing something this unique, they're also into cycling, denim, Japanese workwear, and high end garmets. These jeans are for them.

Pure Blue Japan XX-007s. Worn 105 days, worn on bike 60 days. Current state - ripped crotch. Cost $255.

Kato 26SPs - worn 75 days, all on bike. Current state - nearing crotch rip. Cost $375.

Iron Heart 1634s - worn 30 days, all on bike. current state - NO VISIBLE CROTCH WEAR.

Honestly, I'm apprehensive about the bike jeans, if they aren't wider than the 1634s just above the knees, I'll likely skip them, but fuck man, whatever the cost, if I can wear them for as long as the 1634s will likely last without them tearing, I don't give a fuck that the denim isn't slubby, or that the jeans are expensive or any of that shit. I'm sick of destroying all my jeans on a bike.

And if those people were really into cycling, they wouldn't be riding in jeans in the first place.

And if those people were really into cycling, they wouldn't be riding in jeans in the first place.

Meh, there's cycling like club racer cycling, and then there's riding your bike every day to work, to the store, to the pub, to restaurants and so on. I do the second, not the first. I don't want to wear spandex riding around town. These jeans are pretty much for me.

Is this one of those MasterCard commericals? :D

I happen to agree though. I usually wear cheap Uniqlo denim to ride in but shit man, they tear fast.

Pure Blue Japan XX-007s. Worn 105 days, worn on bike 60 days. Current state - ripped crotch. Cost $255.

Kato 26SPs - worn 75 days, all on bike. Current state - nearing crotch rip. Cost $375.

Iron Heart 1634s - worn 30 days, all on bike. current state - NO VISIBLE CROTCH WEAR.

Honestly, I'm apprehensive about the bike jeans, if they aren't wider than the 1634s just above the knees, I'll likely skip them, but fuck man, whatever the cost, if I can wear them for as long as the 1634s will likely last without them tearing, I don't give a fuck that the denim isn't slubby, or that the jeans are expensive or any of that shit. I'm sick of destroying all my jeans on a bike.