Self Edge, SF/NY/LA/PDX - updates & info

kiya

I'm no where near either of your stores mate...will wait for you to put them up online. Looking at prices they retail in Japan these are probably going to be amongst your most expensive range...?

Nope, prices should be in line with Flat Head.

Kiya, on the webstore the Sugarcane black jean cord shirt has different pockets (flap button) than the picture you just posted (w/ the cig pocket). Do you carry both in SF store?

btw, does the online shop stock reflect the SESF inventory (except SENY exclusives)? or both SF/NY?

Sorry, check again: http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=65&products_id=486

Online stock is SESF, if you don't see what you want either email us or call SENY for a stock check or to place an order, shipping is still free: 212 388 0079

Hey Kiya,

So why does Sonny ride a Victory???

Love the piece...

http://www.coolhunting.com/archives/2009/08/sonny_barger_x.php

Because he thinks Harleys are crap now (which is mostly true) and he's friends with the guys that own Victory so they make him custom models to his specifications.

Glad you liked it, he's now wearing his colors on a IH Black Vest. That in of itself is pretty wild when you really think about it.

Because he thinks Harleys are crap now (which is mostly true) and he's friends with the guys that own Victory so they make him custom models to his specifications.

Glad you liked it, he's now wearing his colors on a IH Black Vest. That in of itself is pretty wild when you really think about it.

It's crazy....the guy is a living legend! Very cool stuff. Need to get me some new riding gear if I don't sell the bike this year.

andrew at SENY said these DON'T fade, which was a deal breaker for me unfortunately.

They actually DO age and fade over time, but it takes quite a while.

The jeans that don't fade are the Superblack IH jeans, those don't really lighten up.

The 66BSPBK by RJB does fade, but it takes some time, it's a core dyed indigo and black pigment dye yarn denim.

Props to the SENY crew for dealing with my order so quickly. The Glory Park flannel looks amazing in person. Thanks guys!

Glad you like it, those FH Glory Park flannels go quick, it's not often the patterns are from the 60's.

The New Real Japan Blues 106BSP Jean

Hailing from Nagano, Japan.. Real Japan Blues is known for their psychotic ways of producing even the simplest of garments. They take everything from western shirts to five pocket jeans and create them in an entirely new way using fabrics that impress even the most seasoned garment junkie.

The new version of the 106BSP jean is a slim fit jean with a straight leg. They've added back pocket lining, new arcuate stitching, and a very impressive new method of extending the life on the front pockets which we've never seen on a pair of jeans before. They've hand felled a secondary piece of denim on the inside opening of the front pockets and stitched it with cotton/poly thread, a true evolution for the way jeans are constructed.

We're quite into the cuts because we feel there is a gap in the Japanese denim market for jeans that aren't exactly reproductions but have a heavy nod to the Rockabilly days of the late 1950's, jeans that make you look like you're Marlon Brando or James Dean but aren't really the cuts they were wearing fifty years ago. A combination of the denim, leg silhouettes, tags, and knife pocket.

The denim on these is a denim developed by Flat Head only for Real Japan Blues which has impressed us here to say the least. It's similar to Flat Head's 3XXX denim in terms of how hairy it becomes after the first soak but has a deeper indigo color straight off. The dye method yields an extremely high contrast fade which we'd only seen this intense before on Flat Head's denim, yet it's quite different considering it's pure indigo and the cotton is from Zimbabwe.

Modeled by Cesar Ramos of Mission Hill Saloon and shot by Sidney Lo.

The Real Japan Blues 106BSP jean is available now at SESF, SENY, and in our online store under RJB. Check the online store for a full spec list, hi-res photos, and more information.

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=76&products_id=395

The New Real Japan Blues 106BSP

rjb_106_01.jpg

rjb_reshoot_106bsp_01.jpg

rjb_reshoot_106bsp_02.jpg

rjb_reshoot_106bsp_03.jpg

rjb_106_01_02.jpg

rjb_reshoot_106bsp_04.jpg

rjb_106_01_05.jpg

rjb_reshoot_106bsp_05.jpg

RJB 106BSP Jeans.

Worn for 15 Months.

IMG_0043.jpg

IMG_0046.jpg

They actually DO age and fade over time, but it takes quite a while.

The jeans that don't fade are the Superblack IH jeans, those don't really lighten up.

The 66BSPBK by RJB does fade, but it takes some time, it's a core dyed indigo and black pigment dye yarn denim.

oh wow, thanks for the info kiya! I was going by what I heard at the store, I'm sorry if I misinformed any of you.

I might have to reconsider these, since se.com lists that they're still in stock in my size...

got my IH down vest today..

great quality..

now my only gripe is.. why is the IH down jacket sold out in size S..

if anyone bought the IH down jacket and wants to sell it, i'll take it and pay a lil extra for your trouble.. must be size S.. any color

Kiya - will the SExIH07 BK fade like my SExIH01 BK? If I can get similar fading, I think I will have to get me a pair...

I got a tag 29 in the SExIH01 BK, should I get the same in these? How do the cuts compare?

The fading on the SEXIH07BK will be far faster and will have a higher contrast look because the denim base is a faster fading unsanforized denim that's loomstate.

I think you should go for a size 28 for a slim fit or a 29 for a straight leg fit. If you could fit into the size 29 of the SEXIH01 which ran really small you'd be able to do the size 28 in these with no problem.

The fading on the SEXIH07BK will be far faster and will have a higher contrast look because the denim base is a faster fading unsanforized denim that's loomstate.

I think you should go for a size 28 for a slim fit or a 29 for a straight leg fit. If you could fit into the size 29 of the SEXIH01 which ran really small you'd be able to do the size 28 in these with no problem.

I have the SExIH01 Black Overdye - didn't that run much closer to tag then the blue version? Will these 07 stretch out as much as the 01 did? If so, then I think I can do a 28.

Kiya....i'm looking into buying a pair of IH 634s but I need some sizing help because i'm somewhat between sizes. I wear a 34 in most jeans, but in general i'd say im more 34/35 than 33/34. I also have a pair of APC Rescue in 32 where the wait fits fine but the thighs are tighter than I would like. What size would you recommend for the 634s, 34 or 36? I know they run smaller than tagged initially but do stretch(only in the waist? or all around) quite a bit. I am looking for a relaxed fit., but I don't want to get the 36 and end up with them being even looser than relaxed.

Do they run pretty big in the thigh? I know the waist runs small, but also stretches 1 or 1.5" pretty quickly. It would suck if I ordered them with a hem and they ended up being too small.

Well if you are looking at getting the IH-634S, they are Sanforized and will not shrink much if at all so I am not sure what you are worried about with the hemming thing? As for the thighs, they are not tight as this is more of a straight leg anyways. I am gonna go out on a limb and say you may even be a W33. And yes They will stretch. But again, I am not the expert nor is this my thread. Kiya will answer you soon I am sure of it!