MISTER FREEDOM

thinkfilm28

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think the new Denim Peacoats are made using the Midnight Twill denim which both the warp and the weft are dyed while the J Crew ones are just normal denim.

Sorry roy6 I never got those measurements for you, I am not really too sure how to measure the jacket. It is a size small that has been cold soaked once. Depending on the next week though I am afraid I might have to sell it myself. Seems like getting a job these days is getting harder and harder. :mad:

dsc00632xa.jpg

這款由SUGAR CANE X Mister Freedom 在2009年發行的騎士款牛仔褲經過斷續穿用

也將近4個月了,再一次下水後發現褲子有不小的變化

dsc00622ff.jpg

雖然因為穿用時日不多沒有明顯的色落產生,不過褲型上的變化還是顯著的

由上面兩張照片可以看出褲管也因縮水有明顯的旋轉、變形,顯現出復刻類型丹寧布的特色

dsc00623r.jpg

比較左右兩邊褲管的旋轉程度也可以看出縮水後這種不對稱的美感

dsc00624pr.jpg

dsc00620a.jpg

小細節的部位已經逐漸露出摩擦後的痕跡了

dsc00621h.jpg

dsc00625u.jpg

整件褲子除了超強的口袋設計以外我最喜歡的是布片接合捨棄了復刻褲常見的布邊外露對接方式

以大量的雙針包縫來製作,讓原本設計理念就脫離穿筒牛仔褲的本款更堅固且更有特色

dsc00627xw.jpg

dsc00630ii.jpg

dsc00631c.jpg

所有經常摩擦的部位都已經出現甘蔗纖維布料初期色落的特徵了

dsc00635m.jpg

dsc00638l.jpg

整件褲子的精髓從幾張圖中已經明顯可以看出設計上與傳統褲型的差異性

dsc00636c.jpg

dsc00641a.jpg

dsc00643s.jpg

dsc00628a.jpg

自己當初在穿這件褲子的起始就違背了Mister Freedom 的原始設計,將原先設定作平車收尾的褲腳修改成自己慣用的鎖鏈車縫

也因此出現了與原廠設定不一樣的效果

這只是我個人當時的臨時起義,卻也意外的形成小小的差異變化

dsc00648uc.jpg

口袋邊角上使用的UFO型鉚釘也算是畫龍點睛的作用

dsc00645p.jpg

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think the new Denim Peacoats are made using the Midnight Twill denim which both the warp and the weft are dyed while the J Crew ones are just normal denim.

Sorry roy6 I never got those measurements for you, I am not really too sure how to measure the jacket. It is a size small that has been cold soaked once. Depending on the next week though I am afraid I might have to sell it myself. Seems like getting a job these days is getting harder and harder. :mad:

Sort of right. Jcrew has had that P coat for a while. This year is a 16oz midnight (black and indigo). Last year mf did indeed release a regular denim p coat which had a different interior which I believe was thicker. Sorry for any mispellings, it's 6am and I got not enough sleep . http://www.mil-mil.net/sugarcane/jacket/sc11641/sc11641.html

zk4025 (Kurt, owner of Faith, a denim store in Taipei) said:

These are a pair of sugarcane mr freedom rider jeans from 2009, worn on and off, worn for approximately 4 months now. after going through another soak, there are quite a few significant changes.

since these haven't been worn for a very long time yet, there hasn't been much color fading, however there are some evolutions of the denim shape. looking at the first two pictures, you can see there is leg twist, shape change, and reveals the uniqueness of this type of denim.

if you compare the two pant legs, you can see the beauty of the post-soak asymmetry.

small details and traces of friction are gradually revealed

besides the whole pocket designs of these jeans, my favorite details are where the denim is sewn together, allowing visible outer selvedge ("train tracks"), common to the style of replica jeans.

A large amount of thread is used to produce these jeans, allowing the original design of these jeans to gain more robustness and more uniqueness with time

the color of the sugarcane fiber fabric started fading early at areas of frequent friction.

The essence of these jeans can be seen from these few pictures, the design is obviously very different from traditional jeans.

when i first began wearing these jeans i violated Mr Freedom's original design of a flat hem by modifying the hem with my own chain stitching, and therefore the settling (roping) effect is not the same as the original.

it was just a personal spontaneous choice to do it, but also for the unexpected small formation differences.

The UFO style rivets used on the corners of the pockets can be considered finishing touches.

that's the jist of it, forgive me if I mistranslated anything, i'm not used to reading about denim in Chinese so I might not know all the terms

Fab, thanks for the translation.

They are beautiful pants. I am tempted to say they're even more attractive with minor wear than with heavy wear; you can appreciate the subtlety of the colouring and the way they've repro'd rough and gnarly short-staple or recycled yarn, even more in the early stages.

hey doc, looks like the cali's are being put to work...

care to hit me up with measurements of that shirt mate? ;)

hey doc i knew theres something about you.,. but i like it.. really

lets kill christophe and drink his blood the rest ill dry it up and spread on the californian jeans he has in store