MISTER FREEDOM

thinkfilm28

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I made a video the other day, getting ready for the cold wet winter we will probably have here in Ohio. Click here to watch or here.

Nice video! Looked up the specifics of this jacket online, it doesn't have the celluliod plastic lining like the blue Rickson deck jackets it's modeled after?

Cory - the finished video looks awesome. I like how at the end the heat gun starts to show those red streaks as you move it... and I kept looking for where you burned your cuff haha.

There is something really calming and therapeutic about watching a jacket get waxed. Either that or I'm weird.

Nice video! Looked up the specifics of this jacket online, it doesn't have the celluliod plastic lining like the blue Rickson deck jackets it's modeled after?

The jacket does have a plastic like layer in the jacket like the Buzz Rickson one. That is one of the sweet things about the jacket because the first month or so you can hear that layer crunch around but it slowly breaks in and goes away.

Thanks Andrew! Yeah I burnt one of the other cuffs real quick, you can probably see me get pissed at it for a sec. The red is great at the end as well as the motion blur that starts, I might have played with this more if I had seen it before I put everything together. But now I know. I think Wong Kar Wai did a great time lapse sequence at night in Chung King Express with stop motion, that looks amazing.

The jacket does have a plastic like layer in the jacket like the Buzz Rickson one. That is one of the sweet things about the jacket because the first month or so you can hear that layer crunch around but it slowly breaks in and goes away.

Yeah, I have one of the blue Buzz jackets, and it felt like I was wearing a plastic garbage bag at first, with all the noise the lining was making. Went away in a couple days though.

Glad to hear your jacket has the same lining. When I looked at MF's website it said it had a sandwiched "organdy layer". When I did a search on organdy, what I found was "the sheerest cotton cloth made" Didn't sound good for water or wind proofing! Whether you wax the jungle cloth or not (I didn't on my jacket) water won't get through the celluliod.

My only gripe about the Buzz jackets, I wish the wool lining was heavier. When we hit the nasty weather of December through early March, I really have to have a sweater on underneath it, and that still isn't enough for extented periods of time outside when it's in the teens and 20s.

Anyone have a Chambray Utility shirt in the original light blue color that they want to sell? I need a raw large or a rinsed medium.

I was in mf over the weekend and it looked like they had some new.

Lovin the road champs more and more

still the best shaped toebox out there when it comes to engineers imho!

new chinos out also

screw the chino's, look at that vest :eek:

vest is only 26k Y on japanese sites. can people explain when appropriate vest weather is? when body is frigid but arms are not? (stupid question, but never saw a mess of use for them)

The Midnight CPO looks amazing to me. The Off Duty CPO doesn't do it for me, it's kinda weird to me. Maybe I just cant pull off light colors.

The Midnight CPO looks so rad though, I'm trying to get one in Oct. from SENY.

The chinos are too light in color and alittle bland for me.

The vest is awesome, but I have the Naval Utility Vest and love it to death.

I want to see Deck jacket in person to see if I can shell out that much money.

therel & eltopo, immaculate stuff, as ever.

Feeling mildly jealous of both of you, but the cool thing about MF is that it encourages you to pull out the more left-field items out of your cupboard. Can't wait for winter so I can pull out my old leather coat with MF military-style clips...

Has anyone here ever waxed denim like Eltopo did his jacket?

I imagine it wouldn't work as well because most denim has a relatively open weave (certainly compared to jungle cloth it does). Since the weave is more open, there's actually less surface area inside the cloth for the paraffin to soak into.

That's my theory anyway. Has anyone tried it?