MISTER FREEDOM

thinkfilm28

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking forward to your pics. Did they have the CPOs too? I need to see the off duty version.

kiya said they got everything in all their stores in the SE thread. when i went there they didn't even have it on display yet, they said they just got it in today. I only asked for the jacket, sorry. but im sure they have it in, or just give em a call.

Californians arrived from SelfEdge today - these are incredible jeans. Fit seems like it will be amazing with a little shrinkage, just the right line between workwear/vintage comfort without looking like dad jeans (which my LVC '37s sort of do, but they might be a size too big at this point).

Going to wait 'til this weekend and wear them in a bathtub to make sure the waist doesn't shrink much for now.

Proxying the Troy N1-H from japan appears to be less expensive than placing an order with SE or MF in the states. Are there any appreciable differences between the 'one wash' Rakuten item and the, pressumably, unwashed SE/MF item? Anecdotes welcome.

Greatest apologies for any annoyance caused, as I gather this has been asked and answered before. My search got nothin'. Cheers.

No differences. All are "one rinse".

Remarkable price differences though!

But, what do you guys (USA) pay for shipping & import duties?

Assuming no customs interference (and I don't know what SutoCorp's policies are regarding declarations), but to proxy would be $750.00. ~

So if you do get hit with customs it'll cost you more than buying it from the US.

Just sayin'.

So if you do get hit with customs it'll cost you more than buying it from the US.

Just sayin'.

My thoughts exactly!

Why would customs interfere, and what would the duties be? $240 is a huge difference. What about mailing a jacket to the US makes it so much more expensive?

$240?

The price after proxy, just like it was stated above, is $750. If you get hit with customs the price would be ~$877.50, which is a hair over what it costs in the US with free shipping.

$240?

The price after proxy, just like it was stated above, is $750. If you get hit with customs the price would be ~$877.50, which is a hair over what it costs in the US with free shipping.

51450 Japanese yen = 629.2798 US dollars. Just looking at the cost of the jacket. Not all the BS to get it here. I want to know if the 240 difference is added because all the taxes, duties, reach arounds, etc, etc.. have been paid.

Guys guys... again I have to agree with Kiya.

Also bear in mind that people like Kiya do their utmost to provide a top notch service as well as offering you these jewels. Bear this in mind!

At the stores, you can try without buying, feel the product, compare the products, get advice from experts, you immediately can take your item home, you will have an excellent after sales service and so on...

At the end of the ride, you've got your item at the same price and as a bonus you'll get all the advantages mentioned above!

Guys guys... again I have to agree with Kiya.

Also bear in mind that people like Kiya do their utmost to provide a top notch service as well as offering you these jewels. Bear this in mind!

At the stores, you can try without buying, feel the product, compare the products, get advice from experts, you immediately can take your item home, you will have an excellent after sales service and so on...

At the end of the ride, you've got your item at the same price and as a bonus you'll get all the advantages mentioned above!

Agreed and I wish I could get to SE or MF. An SF or LA trip isn't, unfortunately, in my immediate future. SE has a better exchange policy than rakuten, in the end

954.82 with sales tax in CA. I have never used a proxy. I like a face I can throw a fist at if there is something wrong with what I buy. Not really. But a shop down the street sure makes me feel better if a problem should come up.

Phone order that shit from NY, haha...

Most MF garments from Japan can be bought using rakuten english and there is no proxy fee and sometimes no shipping.

Porky's carries a lot of their stuff. I haven't figured out how to sort MF stuff on the Porky's english site, but you can go through all their stuff.

http://search.borderless.rakuten.com/borderless/search.action?sid=porkys&l=en

but, being so close to the MF shop, I almost feel like I gotta go down there and pick it up. Can't remember the dude's name.. Forrest (?), is cool to chat with and not a typical scenester hip master. You don't get that "top to bottom" look when you walk into the store.

Most MF garments from Japan can be bought using rakuten english and there is no proxy fee and sometimes no shipping..

I'd be surprised if this actually worked. JP shops are not supposed to sell MFSC directly to US buyers. You'd probably think you placed an order, only to get a message a couple days later saying they can't sell to you.

Proxying anything is just not worth it for me unless (1) I can't get it in NA, or (2) it's on sale for half price.