MISTER FREEDOM

thinkfilm28

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When Mr. Freedom states that the fabric on the Californians is "guaranteed to age and beautify with repeated wear" what kinda weight does that hold? Can I return them after a year if the denim fading turns out flat? Hmmmm.

0 ounces, I'd estimate

Where else online can I purchase the Californians besides Self Edge? They're out of my size and I haven't been able to locate them at any other webstores through my searching.

We almost certainly have your size here at Self Edge LA, and we can take payment via paypal, or via credit card over the phone. PM me if you'd like to order a pair.

gave my californians their first soak (30 min warm soak) and now they've dried. inseam only shrank 1.5 inches, waist and thigh shrank a little, but hem and rise basically didnt shrink. something tells me it still has some shrink left, or does this denim just not shrink that much?

It definitely does. The inseam is supposed to shrink 3 inches. You gotta give em a really hot soak though. Agitation also helps with it.

nice fit Vin, im 5'10" 185lbs as well! hahah you sized right!

I'm 6'1" and 177lbs, guess I also made a good choice when going with the size 32 then ;)

Hey Vinneus, it's pretty crazy that we are the same height and height.

Fallen Angels: I agree with Ammit they do shrink about 3 inches with a really hot soak.

oh yes, 3 inches for sure. i got hemmeed to a 34 raw and at a clean 31 after the soak.

mine didn't shrink that much, though I only soaked once at 50°C and put them in the machine without soap once at 40°C...

maybe in time, when they'll need a wash they'll shrink some more, we'll see.

Thanks Guys! The song is summer of 78 by Yann Tiersen. The texture of the jacket is less rubbery than the Barbours since I think the jungle cloth absorbs the wax differently. I apply 2 coatings to start with, one to get absorbed into the cotton and another one on top of that. The jacket is slightly darker and with wear the wax starts to look great.