MISTER FREEDOM

thinkfilm28

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah. I like the looks everybody. Interesting to see how these will age. Is the denim deadstock Cone, cuz it looks a lot more even than most MF stuff. Definitely a different look than the past jeans.

I'm really starting to like these californians

hehe me too buddy...

IMG_1296.jpg

soaking as we speak!

It's such a luxury to be able to try these one before buying...

a raw 32 was the best fit on me, after trying on Rob's size 32 that was soaked already, I didn't notice much of a difference, so I decided to stick with a 32...

great fits all, hope mine'll fit just as nice

yours will fit just a nice :-)

Enjoy them; but first finish that OOE tour of yours!

Thx for passing be, and err, we'll meet up again soon. Cheers.

i think it is yea

fit pics Tiro :)

Pics Tiro...or it didn't happen:D

they are still drying guys...

yours will fit just a nice :-)

Enjoy them; but first finish that OOE tour of yours!

Thx for passing be, and err, we'll meet up again soon. Cheers.

Thanks for having us over Rob, Ooe tour goes goatsparade today ;)

New old stock (aka NOS) means it's an unused deadstock product.

thanks kiya. btw how old is "old"?

i bought a pair when i dropped by SESF the other weekend. i thought i would need a sz 33 or 34, but i ended up getting a 32 after trying them on. had them hemmed and they're waiting to be picked up, but im on the other side of the globe until the end of the week. pretty excited about them, cant wait to return SFO and soak them the first day i am back.

thanks kiya. btw how old is "old"?

i bought a pair when i dropped by SESF the other weekend. i thought i would need a sz 33 or 34, but i ended up getting a 32 after trying them on.

I went the same route on sizing also figured I would need a 33, went with the 32 after trying a raw and soaked size 32...

denim is supposed to be from the 50's or at least that's what I have been told. one thing is for sure, it's nice

So got over the the MF store on Sunday. Picked up a pair of the Californians.

web.jpg?ver=12850040900001

Antiqued buttons.

web.jpg?ver=12850040890001

Interesting Selvage. Look at a few other pairs in the store and and this was the only pair that had it. Half Red Selvage. I liked it.

web.jpg?ver=12850040910001

Saw this this morning. The female side of the button fly. web.jpg?ver=12850046120001

Funny. I asume this is one of the problems that they had making these. That edge will never come unraveled. Looking forward to getting soaked an worn.

So got over the the MF store on Sunday. Picked up a pair of the Californians.

web.jpg?ver=12850040900001

Antiqued buttons.

web.jpg?ver=12850040890001

Interesting Selvage. Look at a few other pairs in the store and and this was the only pair that had it. Half Red Selvage. I liked it.

web.jpg?ver=12850040910001

Saw this this morning. The female side of the button fly. web.jpg?ver=12850046120001

Funny. I asume this is one of the problems that they had making these. That edge will never come unraveled. Looking forward to getting soaked an worn.

Holy shit. That is cool. I wonder if they had two different bolts of old stock denim or if the bolt had two different selvedge colors on each side. Do you other californian owners also have the selvedge fly? I wonder if that was done on accident for your pair, cuz it doesn't seem like you need to overlock that, unless the bottom portion of the fly is left open.

As far as I know of every pair has the selvedge fly. I think they're all overlocked too, or at least mine is. Also, the one leg of my pair the selvedge line is barely noticable on the front, but definitely noticeable on the back. It kinda looks like the actual edge warp slightly as is covering the selvedge line.

As far as I know of every pair has the selvedge fly. I think they're all overlocked too, or at least mine is. Also, the one leg of my pair the selvedge line is barely noticable on the front, but definitely noticeable on the back. It kinda looks like the actual edge warp slightly as is covering the selvedge line.

Holy shit. That is cool. I wonder if they had two different bolts of old stock denim or if the bolt had two different selvedge colors on each side. Do you other californian owners also have the selvedge fly? I wonder if that was done on accident for your pair, cuz it doesn't seem like you need to overlock that, unless the bottom portion of the fly is left open.

Sales guy said there were three bolts that the Californian run came from. It looked like all the pairs I checked on had slightly different selvage lines. Some with more white and the red running right down the middle and some with very little white and the red just making it in. I think the selvage runs all the way down will double check when I get home.

"Now I am completely paranoid, and I almost want to sleep in the factory when I do things in LA! It must follow everything from A to Z to avoid unpleasant surprises." CL

This might have all ready been posted.

http://denimaniac.com/2009/10/14/best-denim-shops-qa-with-mister-freedom/

Sales guy said there were three bolts that the Californian run came from. It looked like all the pairs I checked on had slightly different selvage lines. Some with more white and the red running right down the middle and some with very little white and the red just making it in. I think the selvage runs all the way down will double check when I get home.

"Now I am completely paranoid, and I almost want to sleep in the factory when I do things in LA! It must follow everything from A to Z to avoid unpleasant surprises." CL

This might have all ready been posted.

http://denimaniac.com/2009/10/14/best-denim-shops-qa-with-mister-freedom/

I am wondering if I got bad sizing advice from SELA. I am a true 32 and I was told to get a size 32. I am wondering if I'll get enough shrinkage out even with a hot soak and a tumble dry. Is 1.5-2" shrinkage too much to expect out of this denim since the waist on size 32 measures 33.5?

I am wondering if I got bad sizing advice from SELA. I am a true 32 and I was told to get a size 32. I am wondering if I'll get enough shrinkage out even with a hot soak and a tumble dry. Is 1.5-2" shrinkage too much to expect out of this denim since the waist on size 32 measures 33.5?

selfedge site says they'll shrink about 1" in the waist and will stretch back 1" with 30 wears.

from my experience, that information is quite accurate, I soaked mine in 40°C for an hour then put them in the machine at 40°C for 20 minutes and they shrank about 1"...

selfedge site says they'll shrink about 1" in the waist and will stretch back 1" with 30 wears.

from my experience, that information is quite accurate, I soaked mine in 40°C for an hour then put them in the machine at 40°C for 20 minutes and they shrank about 1"...