MISTER FREEDOM

thinkfilm28

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

great proportions as always mate ^^^ one superpower I guess is having great legs:torso ratio

As far as I know of every pair has the selvedge fly. I think they're all overlocked too, or at least mine is. Also, the one leg of my pair the selvedge line is barely noticable on the front, but definitely noticeable on the back. It kinda looks like the actual edge warp slightly as is covering the selvedge line.

I thought the overlocked selvedge fly was weird too when I saw it at SENY. I think it's because the fly piece is cut and folded along the selvedge. The one edge won't ravel, but the raw edge opposite it will. When the piece is folded in half to make the fly, the selvedge edge is on top of the raw edge and the two are overlocked together to prevent the bottom edge raveling, even though the selvedge doesn't need it. That is my theory.

great proportions as always mate ^^^ one superpower I guess is having great legs:torso ratio

As far as I know of every pair has the selvedge fly. I think they're all overlocked too, or at least mine is. Also, the one leg of my pair the selvedge line is barely noticable on the front, but definitely noticeable on the back. It kinda looks like the actual edge warp slightly as is covering the selvedge line.

I thought the overlocked selvedge fly was weird too when I saw it at SENY. I think it's because the fly piece is cut and folded along the selvedge. The one edge won't ravel, but the raw edge opposite it will. When the piece is folded in half to make the fly, the selvedge edge is on top of the raw edge and the two are overlocked together to prevent the bottom edge raveling, even though the selvedge doesn't need it. That is my theory.

Lookin good eltopo. Putting some good wear on those dungarees. Did you pick up the californians as well? I really want to see you dudes wear the hell out of them. It will be good to see some old stock denim fading compared to this new stuff.

Has anybody given a time frame for when this denim is from and is it cone or some other American mill. Was there another mill in the states other than Amoskeag?

Lookin good eltopo. Putting some good wear on those dungarees. Did you pick up the californians as well? I really want to see you dudes wear the hell out of them. It will be good to see some old stock denim fading compared to this new stuff.

Has anybody given a time frame for when this denim is from and is it cone or some other American mill. Was there another mill in the states other than Amoskeag?

The denim is from the 60's or 70's and is Cone.

Amoskeag closed down in 1935.

The denim is from the 60's or 70's and is Cone.

Amoskeag closed down in 1935.

Seriously considering a pair of the Californias, but due to my portly stature the leg openings on the 34 is a 9.5. That's generally a little bigger leg open than I prefer. To those that have these, what kind of shrinkage can I expect as far as leg opening goes? I wouldn't imagine a whole lot based on other un-sanforized denim I've owned, but a little additional insight would help me in my decision.

Seriously considering a pair of the Californias, but due to my portly stature the leg openings on the 34 is a 9.5. That's generally a little bigger leg open than I prefer. To those that have these, what kind of shrinkage can I expect as far as leg opening goes? I wouldn't imagine a whole lot based on other un-sanforized denim I've owned, but a little additional insight would help me in my decision.

i posted some post soak measurements on a 34 buddy

was in MF over the weekend, seemed like they restocked a lot of stuff as far as having all sizes. Picked up the off white Breezer jacket which is pretty rad, like an overdesigned harrington. The fabric is woven so it's cotton on the outer and rayon on the inner, so it almost feels like it has a lining. Great details and the tartan cloth is deadstock 50s material.